What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this little one have chance to survive?

maimunji

Sprout yesterday leaves doesn't want to open and looks yellow. it's looks like seed stay in embryo phase. Stem is straight up and green.
picture.php

picture.php

Quercus

I have had some seedlings like this. Some of them just stayed like that for weeks, and nothing happened, some other started growing after one week or even longer. If it's a valuable seed, you can wait and see what happens, if it isn´t, just start again with another seed (most sick seedlings lead to sick plants aswell, in my experience).
(Sidenote, when I had problems with microscopic acari, I had similar problems with 3 plants in a row.)

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe it will push shot but this kind of born plants need more time..

tough i dont sees picture very clear,could be also terminal case where she dont survive
and just dryes out after some time..

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sometimes the inner endosperm layer is not shed with the seed coat and envelopes the cotyledons keeping them from opening. Gentle nudging with a toothpick or such can help to remove it. Also getting it moist by misting can help the process.

If it’s not removed it’s almost like the seedling strangles itself. I’ve even gone as far as delicately snipping the very ends of the cotyledons off to help get a better shot at removing the membrane. Have to be careful to not snap the seedling or the cotyledons off though.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
1st pic, media looks over watered

EDIT: and whats with all those roots lying all around?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Sometimes the inner endosperm layer is not shed with the seed coat and envelopes the cotyledons keeping them from opening. Gentle nudging with a toothpick or such can help to remove it. Also getting it moist by misting can help the process.

If it’s not removed it’s almost like the seedling strangles itself. I’ve even gone as far as delicately snipping the very ends of the cotyledons off to help get a better shot at removing the membrane. Have to be careful to not snap the seedling or the cotyledons off though.

I am doing it too. Shouldn't force it too early, though.

maimunji

1st pic, media looks over watered

EDIT: and whats with all those roots lying all around?

Media is Canna coco. This looking like roots is shit from coco like fibres or something. Its not environment issues. I sprouts many seeds directly in canna coco through years. Never loose a single one if seedling sprout. This run from 10 seeds 2 doesn't sprout. 1 is this above. Another 7 is healthy and grow. In my experience you can't overwater coco and you can't overwater seedlings. I like to experiment and find you can water every day to run off from sprout with no issues. Plants grow just like with wet dry cycle. I not doing this anymore actually I grow without run off whole grow. Plants always come spectacular.:tiphat: