What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Sounds like the leak is either down the outside of the pvc pipe from the glue bond between pipe and table, or it is leaking down the inside of the pvc pipe at the silicone bond between pipe and bulkhead fitting. If you can watch the leak closely you should be able to tell if the water is coming down the outside of the pipe or down the inside. Sometimes when you can't see a leak, you can touch your finger to a surface to tell if water is flowing down it. If the leak is around the outside of the pvc pipe then wrapping your fingers around it will tell you immediately.

For a major fix, you can take a hole saw and drill out your holes clear through, to a size larger than the plastic nuts. An extra long center drill bit in the hole saw can reach through the original hole and bite into your waste back-up board to align and stabilize the hole saw while starting the cut. Now cut a piece of half inch plywood to glue and screw underneath the new enlarged hole. Before installing this plywood, drill into it the proper size hole for the ebb and flow fitting, making it large enough to accommodate the several coatings of paint which will make the hole smaller. With the fitting down in this new bottom hole, it will drain better than before also.

But to do this fix you have to shut down the grow and take the table apart. The heck with that. The best and easiest first try is to let the table and fittings dry out, then apply the sealant up top around the fittings since that's where the water is going in. If that doesn't work and the water is coming out the inside of the bottom pipe, then squooging silicone up the drain pipe using a matchstick to get it up around between the drain tubing and pvc might do the trick.

Or place a bucket on the floor under the leak for the next two months.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Awesome to see some plants in there, Anti! I've been lurking from the start and watched things progress. Great thread & I'll be watching the grow.

Grow_engineer

Per aspera ad astra
Veteran
420giveaway
Huh fuck, this is so great, I can´t stop thinking about this great Idea!
Would it be okay to steal the principals and show a system like this in the german Sub?

this could be a nice Version vor Homebox-Users!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Huh fuck, this is so great, I can´t stop thinking about this great Idea!
Would it be okay to steal the principals and show a system like this in the german Sub?

this could be a nice Version vor Homebox-Users!

I have no problem if you put this up in the german sub. Please throw up a link to this thread and send me a link to the Deutsch thread when you do!

Vielen Dank!

311devon

Hey anti, Ass kickin system and build once again,my man. Love the disco ball! If ya do the crush vid ya gotta have a big ass afro and a leisure suit on!

Onto more serious topics.....If ya wanna use the bulkhead fittings as intended just get a big hole saw and bore you a big hole. Big enough you can get to the nut easily. 2 1/2" maybe 3" then buy a small piece of plexiglass or other hard sheet plastic, abs maybe. Cut a plate big enough to countersink screws around the perimeter. Then get some brush on pipe sealant, and apply it around the perimeter and screw it down covering the bottom of the hole. Now you have a mounting plate you can bore the appropriate size hole for your fitting. As DHF would say, Babyshit. Rock on,bro. Watchin this one for sure. :tiphat: :respect:

Edit: just realized this is gonna expose end grain which is very hard to seal.....soooooo, make sure you bore the hole big enough to fit the O.D. of some pvc pipe whose I.D. is big enough to get to the nut easily. cut a section the thickness of your bottom and seal it in place before you mount your plate. hope this helps.

311devon

Sounds like the leak is either down the outside of the pvc pipe from the glue bond between pipe and table, or it is leaking down the inside of the pvc pipe at the silicone bond between pipe and bulkhead fitting. If you can watch the leak closely you should be able to tell if the water is coming down the outside of the pipe or down the inside. Sometimes when you can't see a leak, you can touch your finger to a surface to tell if water is flowing down it. If the leak is around the outside of the pvc pipe then wrapping your fingers around it will tell you immediately.

For a major fix, you can take a hole saw and drill out your holes clear through, to a size larger than the plastic nuts. An extra long center drill bit in the hole saw can reach through the original hole and bite into your waste back-up board to align and stabilize the hole saw while starting the cut. Now cut a piece of half inch plywood to glue and screw underneath the new enlarged hole. Before installing this plywood, drill into it the proper size hole for the ebb and flow fitting, making it large enough to accommodate the several coatings of paint which will make the hole smaller. With the fitting down in this new bottom hole, it will drain better than before also.

But to do this fix you have to shut down the grow and take the table apart. The heck with that. The best and easiest first try is to let the table and fittings dry out, then apply the sealant up top around the fittings since that's where the water is going in. If that doesn't work and the water is coming out the inside of the bottom pipe, then squooging silicone up the drain pipe using a matchstick to get it up around between the drain tubing and pvc might do the trick.

Or place a bucket on the floor under the leak for the next two months.

Just read this post......now i feel like a dumb ass... :wallbash: lol.......is there an echo in here? I would line the hole with a section of pvc pipe though.

Grow_engineer

Per aspera ad astra
Veteran
420giveaway
picture.php

This is what i designed for my 80x80cm Growroom...

HCI works finde for the first three to four weeks in flower, then the Plants are put to second stage where they finish unter 400W.
The system is designed to be a rotating system - maybe 5 Plants harvest and new each Week..

anti, impressive as usual. it's interesting that you decided to go for such a large grow now after doing such a great micro box. are you just going to retire the microbox until it's needed, or do mothers and clones in there? that box is awesome.

i wish you the same (or better!) quality of buds on this grow as the last.

edit: would you be willing to talk a little micro with me?

Mister_D

Veteran
Looking good anti. I'd probably just silcone that leak if I were in your postion. Got my bucket and popcorn all ready for the show. Lets see what you can do with this. Reminds me of a micro grow extrodinaire on steriods, love it.

mrcreosote

Veteran
You dreamed it, you drew it, and you done it.

And a disco ball for panache'.

Well done sir, well done. The Sinatra 'My Way' grow.

Looking forward to updates.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
UPDATE WITH PICS! (the only updates that matter!)

UPDATE WITH PICS! (the only updates that matter!)

Ok. Real life has a way of being very stressful surprisingly often.

Good news:

I gots new pics for you.

Better news for me: I harvested one of my plants from my microcab a few nights ago and I will have something to smoke for the rest of this cycle. That will make my posts require more editing and my stress level a lot lower.

I will be harvesting the other 7 plants tomorrow and I'll take some pics to give those of you who never saw my microcab in operation a preview (i hope) of what is to come in this thread.

I had nowhere to put my moms now that the main chamber is ready to go. I will be putting the moms into the microcab to veg for a month before I take cuts for round two.

I tried a few experiments with hand watering only as much as my containers could hold without runoff and after about a week with no real growth, I switched to my familiar method of submersing the entire pot in the nute bath. So that's how I've been watering for about a week (every other day) and the plants have taken off. Tomorrow they begin 12/12 because I'm a bit afraid that they might overgrow the chamber as is.

Anyway. Enough Speak. Speak Too Much Already. Capitalize Needlessly!

picture.php

Overview Looking In

picture.php

Close-up, Left Side, Looking In

picture.php

Close-Up, Center, Looking In
picture.php

Left Side, Looking In and Left

picture.php

Right Side, Looking Out and Left​

All of my AK have had the stem purpling issues for the last two years. If anyone thinks I should be worried about it, let me know. I'm always down to learn and improve.

prowler

They're seriously digging that ball. Rockin' round the clock.

Purple stems usually tells you to up the p - in other words up the nutes a bit and see what happens. You should be a bit worried bout the curling leaves though. Maybe these two symptoms are connected - double check the pH maybe?

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Wow, an update with pics! :jump:

Looks like you're in for a wild ride. There's going to be a heck of a lot of bud packed around that disco ball. It may be a good thing that you didn't commit yourself to a permanent spacing system between tree pots. Will be interesting to see how those plants grow all lined up together like that.

I harvested one of my plants from my microcab a few nights ago and I will have something to smoke for the rest of this cycle. That will make my posts require more editing and my stress level a lot lower.

Smoke another bowl, relax, and don't worry too much about the editing. We all understand here. :smoke:

This grow is going to be epic.

Latest posts

Latest posts