What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w Led Flood Light

conlarazon

Veteran
Hi, testing 150w Led Flood Light for vegetative growing.

Humus, TopCrop All Mix and water !!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

Yeah led flood lights do work...only thing is most arnt very efficient compared to the led grow light tech out there right now.....meaning for eg.from a led grow light quantum type panel for say 100 watts you will get one and a half if not double the amount of plant usable light than from a floodlight led. But I suppose floodlights are still a cheeper upfront cost solution for those on a tighter budget.
The plants look good tho..nice and healthy. Well done

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
About 80 lumens per Watt isn't half the current crop leaders. Which are passing 220 lumens per Watt. Lumens tuned to plant growth. Flood lights use a lot of green as it's the colour we can make most efficiently. The red may not be quite so far either.

Works, but only enough to make you see the light

conlarazon

Veteran
Hi Mars,
They respond too well even with the basics in the closet.

The first to appear in 4 days, they are all my own crosses ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Select the male, pollinate, create the seed, germinate, grow, selection, flowers, tasting, new seed ...
and I go again ...

Select the male, pollinate, create the seed, germinate, grow, selection, flowers, tasting, new seed ...
and I go again ...

and I go again ....................

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I used some 50w units to veg plants before moving them under Sodium lamps (I still keep them around for temporary enclosures). The difference in plant shape under more typical plant LED's is really worth the expense. Especially if you are going to flower with them sometimes. You have done a nice job with the tools available. I think you could do a great job with better ones.