What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Durban x Auto Duck F1 - Bx To Duck

NeDank

I'm a little worried the lonely male may be too early. The females are barely starting to flower and auto duck is the same. Oh well if this run is sensi I still have 1 auto duck seed left and have plenty of other seeds to grow next round.

NeDank

So I chopped the small male yesterday. It just wouldn't have been a good match since I'm aiming for bigger size plants for this strain.

NeDank

Everything is well with the plants. One thing is Auto Duck seems to grow much slower than the cross. It also is later flowering like the last one I grew. Hopefully it will have enough pistols to pollinate for a few seeds when the male is ready. Lucked out with the later male to be honest. If it had been female I wouldn't have been able to continue the line this round.

Enough rambling on to the pics

Auto Duck

g5qsJv2.jpg

Auto Durban x Auto Duck

BuluScy.jpg

yOILtXl.jpg

Chosen Male to the right
ppCsub5.jpg

Oriabyx.jpg

NeDank

So I figured it's time for an update to where this cross is going. First is the bx which is happening this grow. Should be fun to see if I get webbed leaves or not from the resulting bx seeds. If we get any that is. As stated previously Auto Duck is about 2 weeks later than the Auto Durban x Auto Duck. Hopefully there will be enough pistols to get a few seeds in the weeks to come.

I've purchased a 3 pack of Auto Red Poison for the next round to add a bit of purple to the buds. Not sure if Auto Red Poison has any durban poison in it but if it does it'll be even better. And so that is as far as I've considered for this cross. I may send some seeds to seedbay once the project is done for the server fund. Not interested in becoming a vendor.

NeDank

So I couldn't stand looking at the hard water stains on the tent floor. Which means today was cleaning day. Check out the nice clean tent!

HEdxzsC.jpg

j1bcEQU.jpg

NeDank

I've been smoking a lot of Auto Durban from my last grow and man I gotta say it is really enjoyable. At first I didn't find any seeds but now so far I've found 5 or 6. So happy because 420guy has reworked the line.

As a grow update the little Auto Duck is finally starting to stretch and show pistols all over the place. You'll have to wait until next weeks update to see.

NeDank

Today is day 41

All of the plants are doing well! More than well actually they are doing great. The male is starting to drop pollen. I think Auto Duck will be ready for pollination next week.

On to the pics - First Auto Durban x Auto Duck

fetch?photoid=17798199.jpg

fetch?photoid=17798198.jpg

The happy male and his girl

fetch?photoid=17798197.jpg

fetch?photoid=17798196.jpg

fetch?photoid=17798195.jpg

NeDank

So I figured it's time for an update to where this cross is going. First is the bx which is happening this grow. Should be fun to see if I get webbed leaves or not from the resulting bx seeds. If we get any that is. As stated previously Auto Duck is about 2 weeks later than the Auto Durban x Auto Duck. Hopefully there will be enough pistols to get a few seeds in the weeks to come.

I've purchased a 3 pack of Auto Red Poison for the next round to add a bit of purple to the buds. Not sure if Auto Red Poison has any durban poison in it but if it does it'll be even better. And so that is as far as I've considered for this cross. I may send some seeds to seedbay once the project is done for the server fund. Not interested in becoming a vendor.

Here is what I've decided to do. First pollination has begun for Auto Durban x Auto Duck and Auto Duck. I will then grow pure Auto Durban and Auto Red Poison from Sweet Seeds. Those two will be crossed and purple trait stabilized by in breeding. Then finally the two lines will be grown and breed to create Auto Purple Durban Duck. If anyone wants to come up with a better name I'd love to read your suggestions.

This is a long term project so I don't expect results for a couple years.

NeDank

I ordered Red Poison Auto from Attitude Seed Bank and chose the stealth shipping option. Guess what arrived. Pink bunny ears. They actually hid the seeds inside the bunny ear with the stuffing. To say the least I was baffled.

NeDank

Today is day 48

All the plants are doing well. Not sure if I mentioned or not but they are receiving full strength bloom nutrients 2 tsp MaxiBloom and 1/2 tbsp epsom salt. All but one are showing positive results the other may have a potassium deficiency. Enough babble on to the pics

100_0810.JPG
100_0811.JPG
100_0812.JPG
100_0813.JPG
100_0814.JPG
100_0815.JPG
100_0816.JPG

NeDank

I'm running into deficiency in 2 of the plants so far. Duck and cross. The leaves are turning a bit colored and clawing tips pointing up. Not sure what this means but what I did was flush the pots with 2 gallons of water. Hopefully this will help.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.