What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEED help legal TX(south) of the border

Agentofchoas

I'm looking for information on organizations that help with drug possession charges I'm looking at misdemeanor charge either A-B first time dealing with the law specially Texas law is very harsh. funny thing is i'm originally from michigan where weed is legal usually it just a fine. easily taken care of but i choose to move to texas (south) now the law is trying to ream me "no pun intended" does anyone have any tips,clues,opinions,conclusions. any choices, options, legally points .i have medical marjuanna card in michigan i'm average joe i'm skitzo i smoke to live a normal life " what i call normal any ways " when i smoke i can talk, laugh, and show emotion. i have no charges on my record i have never committed a crime but here in Texas "south" I'm looking at jail time it crazy like me lol. i don't have money for a lawyer i don't understand all these legal proceeding. is there any legal loop holes for mentally sick people trying live normal life the best way they can. any court secrets i can use. legal proceeding i can use to end this possibly a slap on wrist. hell i let my momma spank me if that fixs my legal problems LOL:thank you:

shithawk420

Veteran
There's no way to give good advice without details.how much did you get busted with.what are the charges? Did they charge you with possession with intent or simple possession? If it's just simple possession probably just put you on court supervision or probation.go to the court house and talk to a public defender.if your not in jail trust me your gonna be all right.

troutman

Seed Whore
Even though you're not in Michigan. Still bring up the fact that you're medically approved in Michigan to your lawyer,
prosecutor and Judge and tell him it's not like your medical situation changed because you crossed a border. It could
lessen any penalties you get and it doesn't hurt to use anything to your advantage.

Like a diabetic in Alaska is still a diabetic in Mexico. ;)

midwestkid

Veteran
Just try to stay calm. The stress you impose on yourself right now will be worse than any sentence they hit you with.

rolandomota

4 ounces to 5 pound charge? Jury nullification don't plead guilty they might mess up the evidence and won't go to trial that's what happened to me 3 years of them saying plead guilty to 4 years probation and me saying screw you police trespassed to serve your warrant you let my dogs out of my front yard to knock and serve the warrant fucking idiots thats trespassing so no charges

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
I grew ten plants in my bedroom closet in a shared rented house in 2007 as a student at UC Davis. Outdoor here in El Sobrante in '99 too. Instead of a license for legal recreational cultivation, I have a resume with volunteering, missing identification cards, and a case of identity theft from years ago.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking for information on organizations that help with drug possession charges I'm looking at misdemeanor charge either A-B first time dealing with the law specially Texas law is very harsh. funny thing is i'm originally from michigan where weed is legal usually it just a fine. easily taken care of but i choose to move to texas (south) now the law is trying to ream me "no pun intended" does anyone have any tips,clues,opinions,conclusions. any choices, options, legally points .i have medical marjuanna card in michigan i'm average joe i'm skitzo i smoke to live a normal life " what i call normal any ways " when i smoke i can talk, laugh, and show emotion. i have no charges on my record i have never committed a crime but here in Texas "south" I'm looking at jail time it crazy like me lol. i don't have money for a lawyer i don't understand all these legal proceeding. is there any legal loop holes for mentally sick people trying live normal life the best way they can. any court secrets i can use. legal proceeding i can use to end this possibly a slap on wrist. hell i let my momma spank me if that fixs my legal problems LOL:thank you:

Just plead insanity , and if they want to hook ya up to a polygraph , you'll show no deception.Crazy as it sounds , it may work. :blowbubbles:

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
It's still a misdemeanor. You'll most likely get hit with 6-12 months probation, and that's it. Not that serious. I'm assuming you're just a casual smoker, and got caught up with something small.

OP

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Stigma is only what you make it. If we are afraid or do not want the "mark" on our "records" that is just that. If you are proud of ganja use and have no plan to show anyone an arrest record as though it is some sort of problem then no problem. Fines and fees and hassle are just that. Hopefully no jail time and there isn't anything they can do other than try to make your life difficult. Best wishes.

shithawk420

Veteran
Just plead insanity , and if they want to hook ya up to a polygraph , you'll show no deception.Crazy as it sounds , it may work. :blowbubbles:

Lol I know your probably not serious but that's the last thing you want to do.you do that and you'll have to see a court appointed psychologist which could takes months.and they will find you competent more than likely.actually the good thing about doing this means you'd be taking it to trial and they won't want to take a misdimeanor pot case to trial so maybe this wouldn't be such a crazy idea since your not in jail.if you WERE in jail you'd be spending 4 months minimum to take it to trial.that would suck.

So yeah,if it's a misdimeanor pot charge you could just fuck with them and take it to trial.they might not wanna deal with it and spend $15000 on a trial and just drop the charges after dealing with a stupid case for 8 months or that might just piss them off and wanna give you the max.

Personally id just take the probation.unless you've got terminal cancer or something they aren't gonna drop the charges based on medical reasons.the judicial system very rarely has compassion.they want that fine money.your gonna pay every month in probation fees.your probably not gonna get it dropped.just get probation over with or take a few months in jail.those are your realistic options.ive been to jail enough to know how it works

Latest posts

Latest posts