~Anything Outdoors 2021~World Wide~

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
47E62723-F0B0-4463-8321-D8ECEF5891A4.jpeg
I found a wild cannabis plant growing out of the burn heap ...it must’ve overwintered

numide

Veteran
Hi Star Crash,
The first pics of your clandestin spot is georgous:bow:
I wish you a sunny summer
Best vibes:tiphat:

Montuno

...como el Son...
...En el Hemisferio Sur están "en todo lo suyo", en esta época...
Un poco de sativeo charrúa de altos vuelos:

​...In the Southern Hemisphere they are "in their element" at this time of year...
A bit of high-flying Charrúa sativa:​​​​​​

Un gustazo!! Son fotos actuales si, me quedan estas 2 OTH, unas Super Malawi Haze y NL5/Haze, ya cosechamos otras cositas estas semanas anteriores.. un abrazo!!

3 SMH, 2 OTH
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​Otras cositas

therevverend

Veteran
I had a disastrous start, lost 98% of the seeds I planted to dampening off. Yesterday I opened a bag of the 'Whitney Farms Organic Potting Soil' I mixed with my other amendments to make the death mix that killed my seedlings. Pissed me off all over again. The label says '50-60% Georgia tree bark' along with kelp meal and 'poultry beddings'. Well, maybe a rooster pissed on the sawdust or maybe he didn't. That's pretty much what the rest of the potting soil was. Here's a picture of what it looks like up close.

Okay. Now I'm fucking pissed off. I want to post pictures from my album, like I always have. Copy and paste the shit from my album. But that doesn't work. Instead a screen pops up with all this bullshit.
URL
Retrieve remote file and reference locally
Title (Tooltip)
Description (Alt)
Style
Size
Icon Thumbnail Small Medium Large Full Size Custom
WidthHeight

Fuck if I know what the answers are and fuck if I care. Invalid file is the answer I get. I've posted my pictures and grows in this site for years now, I'm not the most tech savvy person but I figured out how to do it. What a fucking nightmare. Maybe I'll be back, but considering the mess they've made out of my albums and this bullshit I don't know..

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m having site issues as well ....definitely:shucks: ... busy cloning & I have a bunch of mother plants ready to donate more cuts , Also starting a bunch of seeds having a little bit of a frustrating time with some of my stock which was only four years old

St. Phatty

Sunrise Sunset is currently 14 hours 22 minutes.

So that's about 15 hours of light (for photoperiod control).

Got some seedlings in 3 gallon pots to put outside.

Just don't want to have them go into premature flowering.

What's the right day-length for moving plant outside, in general ?

I know it's different for different plants.

Sub24ox7

I just put out four 5 foot mothers to gain room in mother room. Hoping they don’t start flowering and then go into a semi veg and then back into flowering lol.
I usually plant closer to the the summer equinox

Great outdoors

Sunrise Sunset is currently 14 hours 22 minutes.

So that's about 15 hours of light (for photoperiod control).

Got some seedlings in 3 gallon pots to put outside.

Just don't want to have them go into premature flowering.

What's the right day-length for moving plant outside, in general ?

I know it's different for different plants.

Typically if you wait until end of May, beginning of June you are good with clones.
But with seedlings it is part of the natural cycle and not a worry.

St. Phatty

Typically if you wait until end of May, beginning of June you are good with clones.
But with seedlings it is part of the natural cycle and not a worry.

Maybe I'll start some more seeds & that will push some of the older plants out of the indoor Veg. Room.

We're down to very limited frost, e.g. ice on the windshield but not frozen.

Great outdoors

Maybe I'll start some more seeds & that will push some of the older plants out of the indoor Veg. Room.

We're down to very limited frost, e.g. ice on the windshield but not frozen.

I did see in another post you had that the seedlings are 2 months old?
At 2 months typically the plant is mature enough age wise to go into flower so my previous post on seedlings could be mute at this point.
If that's the case it could go either way. Are they on 18hrs of light or??
If you can put some light on them at any time through the night it will stop the flowering

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
They should do ok around 16hrs indoor and let them get sturdy a few wks or so and take them out around May is how I used to do. Let them get a good root system and healthy. L

therevverend

Veteran
Okay let's see if I can outsmart the new site. I'll try posting a Kandahar Black and an Ancient OG F2 x Ancient OG F5, one of Shcrews' creations. The Ancient OGs are unlike the ones in the original pack I got from Bodhi, haven't seen the purple stem before. Nice vigor.

Attachments

• 20210430_152047.jpg
    20210430_152047.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210506_180509.jpg
    20210506_180509.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 14

therevverend

Veteran
Aw that's nice I outsmarted whatever version this is. What's weird is that I was able to post pictures before, the same way I did on the old version. Then they changed something, came up with all those options and all my answers seem to be wrong. I don't like the 'attached files' method but it's better then nothing.

Back to my point about shitty dirt, this is what a bag of organic potting soil looks like in 2021, up close. (look at the 1st picture in the attachment) This is how you lose 98% of the seeds seedlings you plant. I don't think there's any peat moss or perlite, just tree bark and sawdust. I've got two plants that survived from my first run, both Sweet Diesel x Bubblegum. They're finally coming out of their rotten root funk, it's taken 7 weeks!

I picked up some C99 x GG#4 seeds I was excited about and I had nothing but grief trying to get them going. First I blew through quite a few through my dampening off woes. So I started out some more in my second (successful) planting and every one was a weirdo mutant. It was very strange. (check out the 2nd attachment to see what they looked like) Stranger is that all of them have survived, barely, and they're finally sending out new growth. I've got one that's catching up to my other plants, they other 3 are hopelessly slow in regenerating. I've never had mutants that managed to send out new shoots, normally they aren't able to produce more leaves and die.

The last attachment is a Love Triangle, they're doing great this spring. Surprised by how fat and Afghan the leaves are.

Attachments

• IMG 20180406 230832
    IMG 20180406 230832
    110.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210421_172801.jpg
    20210421_172801.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210504_144712.jpg
    20210504_144712.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 13

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
100% agree. Check out my 2nd run start diary. Big issues with the seeds sprouting. My next start will be in dixie cups of the finest sifted stuff I can make. Key word - MAKE. Won't have any killer mites in it this time either, in case they were the problem. I think coarse soil was an issue.

I am starting a compost operation based on shredded hardwood tops and nitrogen fert. Worm bins with peat as the base media.

Great outdoors

Aw that's nice I outsmarted whatever version this is. What's weird is that I was able to post pictures before, the same way I did on the old version. Then they changed something, came up with all those options and all my answers seem to be wrong. I don't like the 'attached files' method but it's better then nothing.

Back to my point about shitty dirt, this is what a bag of organic potting soil looks like in 2021, up close. (look at the 1st picture in the attachment) This is how you lose 98% of the seeds seedlings you plant. I don't think there's any peat moss or perlite, just tree bark and sawdust. I've got two plants that survived from my first run, both Sweet Diesel x Bubblegum. They're finally coming out of their rotten root funk, it's taken 7 weeks!

I picked up some C99 x GG#4 seeds I was excited about and I had nothing but grief trying to get them going. First I blew through quite a few through my dampening off woes. So I started out some more in my second (successful) planting and every one was a weirdo mutant. It was very strange. (check out the 2nd attachment to see what they looked like) Stranger is that all of them have survived, barely, and they're finally sending out new growth. I've got one that's catching up to my other plants, they other 3 are hopelessly slow in regenerating. I've never had mutants that managed to send out new shoots, normally they aren't able to produce more leaves and die.

The last attachment is a Love Triangle, they're doing great this spring. Surprised by how fat and Afghan the leaves are.

That really does look like some bunk soil.
For years now I have made my own soil. Mostly because I am cheap, but also I can easily make rich loam, rather than just some peat moss variation.
I live in a volcanic glacial river valley so ingredients are easily found for free, but this obviously doesn't work for everyone.
I use 25% course sand, 25% fine silt and 50% compost. Then I crush up my own lava rock and pumice that I add for aeration. Some years I will throw some peat in there, others not, depends on my mood. But never over 10%.
Only cost if I don't use peat is my compost which I get locally at $30 a yard.
IMO it isn't really soil unless it is based on mineral elements. All these peat based mixtures people cook up are just a hangover from hydro.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hey rev I struck out completely trying to get the gg99’s going ... they cracked and stalled...sorry about that:shucks: please PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.