What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace's Killer A5

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks Darksider. They seem to be doing well. I had to put in a dehumidifier at night to keep it low inside the tent cus they are getting so big to fast lol. Happy growing all.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looks like the spider Farmer led is doing good for you?? What's your thoughts or comments about the Spider Farmer?? I'm curious as I test LEDs for several other companies. Plants look great so it must do a pretty good job obviously!!!!

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings Bud, I really am liking the SP2000. At first when I hooked it up it was making my 3 x3 tent run at 90-95 degree temps. However I found a way to get it down to 78-80 without AC. The videos I watched were saying to either lower the watts because the newer ones have a dimmer switch but mine doesn't but I figured a way around that. Or one could remove the heat panel and put it outside the tent but I didn't have that option. So placing a 6 inch inline fan like one uses to draw air into the tent but flipping it around instead and facing it directly at the SP2000 cooled down the LED light by around 15 to 18 degrees with no AC. Light working perfectly fine now. Happy growing all.

Looks like the spider Farmer led is doing good for you?? What's your thoughts or comments about the Spider Farmer?? I'm curious as I test LEDs for several other companies. Plants look great so it must do a pretty good job obviously!!!!

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings everyone, week 6 of the Killer A5. She sure is bulking up a lot, I just wonder how big she will be at the end lol. Not much to really tell besides I'm having to tie every single branch up basically. Found a handful of them laying over cause they were just to heavy so that's good news. Here's a few pictures from this week, happy growing all :dance:.

1ak418C.jpg

V37jeKa.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Hello all, just a quick update on the Killer A5. She's growing nicely. This week was trying to get a picture of the whole plant to show how much there really was in the tent :trampoline:. Happy growing all.

H4oHy3M.jpg

Joint Lock

Greetings Bud, I really am liking the SP2000. At first when I hooked it up it was making my 3 x3 tent run at 90-95 degree temps. However I found a way to get it down to 78-80 without AC. The videos I watched were saying to either lower the watts because the newer ones have a dimmer switch but mine doesn't but I figured a way around that. Or one could remove the heat panel and put it outside the tent but I didn't have that option. So placing a 6 inch inline fan like one uses to draw air into the tent but flipping it around instead and facing it directly at the SP2000 cooled down the LED light by around 15 to 18 degrees with no AC. Light working perfectly fine now. Happy growing all.

Yours has a dimmer its under the driver

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
Looks Awesome!

Looks Awesome!

Your Killer A5 is looking great. Not suprised you had to do some serious work supporting her branches. She will reward you for that.

A pack of these seeds should come with a free spool of tie, because you will need it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice progress on your Killer A5 Haze Dr King ;) Well done!

Glad to see you keep her under control, won't stretch much after this point.
She is enjoying a lot with your feeding and growing environment :yes:

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks FletchF.Fletch, yeah been teeing these girls up a lot haha. I think the reward will be great as you said :trampoline:.

Thanks Dubi my friend. This plant was a pleasure to grow for sure. These colas are as big as my forearms and that's not even including the lower buds :bigeye:.

Really nice progress on your Killer A5 Haze Dr King ;) Well done!

Glad to see you keep her under control, won't stretch much after this point.
She is enjoying a lot with your feeding and growing environment :yes:

Here's a picture of one of the many main colas. I also switched her to 10.5/13.5. In a week I'll move to 10/14.

NmSFmC2.jpg

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Those are huge for week 7, good job brother they are loving your care. I've had a lot going on so I missed this, just glad I still have time to pull up a chair before the show ends.
Best of luck
Peace
SL

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is fattening up at a very good pace Dr King! ;)

Be careful, because although Killer A5 Haze is a hog and will eat everything you throw to her, the main leaves show burn tips, usually a sing of macro nutrient overfeeding and probably some ph unbalance at some previous point, new growth looks very healthy and with perfect green color.

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks SolarLogos, giving her my best giving my current situation lol. Thanks for dropping in man ;).

Those are huge for week 7, good job brother they are loving your care. I've had a lot going on so I missed this, just glad I still have time to pull up a chair before the show ends.
Best of luck
Peace
SL

Thanks Dubi, haha a hog I like it. I'm only at about 2/3 strength nutrients right now. I do think it being to close to the light was the problem which was me over vegging it or you know me I'd blast it full strength :yummy:. Would have put it into flower sooner but things happened in life but she is still turning out great I think :groupwave:. Can't wait to see the end results of this beautiful plant. Thanks again everyone at Ace seeds, much love. Happy growing all.

She is fattening up at a very good pace Dr King! ;)

Be careful, because although Killer A5 Haze is a hog and will eat everything you throw to her, the main leaves show burn tips, usually a sing of macro nutrient overfeeding and probably some ph unbalance at some previous point, new growth looks very healthy and with perfect green color.

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, update time. Hope everyone is doing well. This week the Killer A5 is starting week 9 and I put her on 10/14 a few days ago. I flushed her for a week because I thought she was burning but I ended up finding out it was just needing more and more cal/mag due to it being to close to the lights. The leafs are really yellowing up right so I'm giving her lots cal/mag to make sure she is good for the last for weeks.

I took a sample bottom bud at week 7 to show how a Sativa bud with a week cure on it would appear. Hope that helps a lot of people :).

Week 7 One week cure

G1j4pgt.jpg

lgnG0nI.jpg

eqpVG6p.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings everyone, took a picture of one of the many top buds that I could actually get to :dance:. Happy growing all.

kNab0ZA.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That's a very good looking early harvested bud Dr King :) Eager to follow the complete ripening of the plant.

Dr.King

Veteran
Thanks Dubi my friend for the kind words :tiphat:. Here's a update at around 9 and a half weeks into flowering. This bud was sitting at base level of where my screen would have been. Happy growing all.

That's a very good looking early harvested bud Dr King :) Eager to follow the complete ripening of the plant.

Update, 2 days after dry cure.

39ZHWdO.jpg

WbdMaeR.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings, hope everyone is doing well today. Unfortunately I was hurt the last 2 weeks or so before harvest time so I couldn't really take care of her like she needed so my spouse was just giving her tap water most of the time. With that said I think she still turned out pretty good myself. Got a dry bud we about to try tonight and will post a update later on. Happy growing all.

PMRuvpQ.jpg

5ZK8fIF.jpg

ZFbeMeN.jpg

wjg9HyD.jpg