What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCo grows Thug Pug - SherbBreath

CoCo_LoCo

Thug Pugs - SherbBreath (Sunset Sherbert x Mendobreath F2)

All 12 seeds germinated in 40 hours.

i9ZOB0Mh.jpg

2 seeds I lost as they stunted and went mushy. Some kind of infection I assume. A third seed was stunted so I extracted it from the coco and found 2 tap roots coming out of one seed. I managed to crack the seed open and separate them. One I was able to plant but is extremely under developed but does seem to be progressing very slowly. If it manages to open its tiny cotyledons and start generating energy it might survive.

The second one had diminutive cotyledons and did not survive.

That leaves 9 healthy seedlings of unknown sex.

5 days later

f29oW0Hh.jpg

WsmBiVDh.jpg

CoCo_LoCo

Early this morning I went to go check on the little runt and its cotyledons had started spreading.

9 hours later and the little fighter has done it. Survival is guaranteed now.

But its way behind :0

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

9 healthy seedlings. (regular) Hope I get lots of females.

fkpUkqlh.jpg

1 little runt, it's progressing everyday. Its a fighter. If runt turns out to be male I will feel betrayed.

91QHGFEh.jpg

CoCo_LoCo

Planted all the seedlings into 1.5l pots of coco with a layer of LECA on top.

LTOO0bBh.jpg

The runt is coming along nicely. Cute little thing.

fUvLdJPh.jpg

eyesdownchronic

tuned in,

was that small vial in the tub of the first pic the container in which you got the seeds?

all thug pug gear was packaged in those small round disc like purple containers.

Bagster

tuned in,

was that small vial in the tub of the first pic the container in which you got the seeds?

all thug pug gear was packaged in those small round disc like purple containers.

If you look at the pic on the right you can see the purple dis. Looking container you speak of

CoCo_LoCo

tuned in,

The small vial was used to make it easy to separate the wet paper towel. Just what I had at hands reach lol.

CoCo_LoCo

Little babies are coming along nicely. Seeing some differences in morphology among the various pheno's. I hope I get alot of females. So exciting.

5L8WXiCh.jpg

Bbfkrxmh.jpg

TNWtB9Gh.jpg

tkIfJo2h.jpg

Little runt doing me proud

cD8CVjth.jpg

CoCo_LoCo

Using a Bernoulli trials table I have determined I have a 66% chance of getting 4 to 6 females if the probability of female is 50% and a 64% chance of getting 5 to 7 females if the probability of female is 65%.

83% chance of getting 4-10 at 50% probability and 89% chance of 5-10 at 65% probability.

GXwvjLoh.png

Calculator here:
https://planetcalc.com/7044/

Why would I care to this degree? My first grow, and the only other time I've used regular seeds, I got 1 female out of 8 plants. The probability of that happening is 3.1% at a 50% probability of female.

Last edited:

CoCo_LoCo

I'm cheering for the runt.

I think that you should cull all the others. Lol

:laughing: lololol

You may be able to sex your seeds.

You look for a divot.

It may only show on feminized seeds though?

I think it makes sense.
Girls have innies and boys have outies. Lol

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8740440&postcount=326

Yeah I don't trust that method. Im going to sex them by taking cuttings and putting them in the flowering tent for 2 weeks.

CoCo_LoCo

I took off all the giant leaves

L9WGmU6h.jpg

Big ol fatty leaves

5KoenIuh.jpg

Here they are all nice and neat, they have all been topped a few days ago.

zOT56O0h.jpg

This one is my favourite. I like the morphology and its got this curly leaf edge trait. Hope its female

XfIMDTgh.jpg

The rest are all pretty low and squat.
uE9RHZfh.jpg