What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khalifa Genetics strains

vinrusso

Hello Vinrusso! It is going to take many months still but we'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the kind words :huggg:.

Hi Yessum. This Cambo is very cerebral and slightly trippy. The high is strong because it just keeps getting higher every time you take a puff.

Good morning Slim Pickens.

First of all, if you ordered from us then we guaranty successful delivery of all orders. If ever you haven't received your package please contact us and we'll ship another one right away!

The Beldia is somewhat similar to the Lebanese landrace tho it is a bit taller and stretchier. The short phenos should end up measuring about 1.10m while the tall ones should reach 1.60 if the conditions are optimal. It's not a very pungent strain (Low to medium odor).

Hey Teide. Glad you enjoyed the Cambo. Your description of the effects is very accurate! We've noticed pretty much the same things. It's a no-ceiling kind of weed. I hope you liked the taste too. :smokeit:

I agree, it doesn't look as NLD-like as most pure sativas though our Laotian Highland collected in Muang sing by Bodhi displays even broader leaflets.
I'm curious about the Maharaja Haze that Khalifa is coming out with. Kullu x Amnesia Haze. I assume it will be Soma's Amnesia Haze? That should be an interesting cross.

Bebopman

Can anyone tell me if the wich is best for pheno hunt some frosty indicas??? i've been interested in the balkh but i saw also de aladdin skunk... but i prefer to go with landraces.

NearDef

Has anyone here tried the Laos Muang Sing yet?

Can't find any pictures of it flowering besides the ones on the Khalifa site but I've already bought a pack so I'm super curious. Mine probably need to stay on ice until I get some more space sorted unfortunately.

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hello kro-magnon The Aladdin's skunk doesn't have a pungent smell at the beginning of its flowering phase but towards the end it becomes much more pungent! It's milky/creamy/funky ;-)

Hey vinrusso Our Maharaja haze is indeed a cross between soma's Amnesia and the Indian Kullu valley landrace. It is quite potent and very sativa-like. The smell is extremely hazy. The latest version that we have developed "only" requires 12 weeks of 12/12 to be ripe. It is therefore much faster than the Kullu.

Hi Bebopman Some Balkh phenos can be frosty but my personal favorite for making tasty hash is the Sheberghan. (sweet aftertaste and smooth smoke).

​​​​​​​Hello NearDef island_organics has posted many beautiful pictures of the Laos Muang Sing on his instagram wall ;-)

Cheers,
​​​​​​​Al

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hello landrace lovers!

The Khalifa team has done a seed run/reproduction run over the summer with the Moroccan Beldia in a dry/Mediterranean climate.
Thanks to their semi-autoflowering trait, all the plants were harvested at the very end of July.

I hope you'll enjoy the pictures (All plants were fully seeded)

Best,
Al

Attachments

• photo2062533.jpg
    photo2062533.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 211
  • photo2062534.jpg
    photo2062534.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 175
  • photo2062535.jpg
    photo2062535.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 202

kro-magnon

Veteran
This is a little review of my Aladin's Skunk, I've deleted the pics by mistake sorry about that. I've flowered the same female 2 times but decided to not keep a mother plant. It was much faster to flower than expected, I've harvested the buds between day 52 and 58 of 12/12 at each flowering, the stretch was minimal on the female I had ,gaining about 1/3 of its height between day 1 and day 21 of 12/12, the flower were spear shaped with small calyxes and very few leaves. The smell was very loud but not my taste, it was very sugary smell but not fruity, more florale sweet, some people loved it a lot. The yield was on the low side not at all what I was used to get with the different skunk varieties I've grown in the past. The high was pleasant, an uplifting one putting a smile on your face, it was a nice smoke for day time, not overpowering but enough to feel good.
I can't tell what you'll find in your seeds as I've only flowered one female so I can' judge the strain but the female I've done was nice but not great, not a keeper for sure and very far from what I know as Skunk. Her good point was the fast flowering and powerful smell (even if very different from usual Skunk) but the yield was too low to make her a mother plant.
I've made a few seeds with her and a Agent Orange male(JTR leaning), I hope to get some fun plants coming fro this cross.

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hello kro-magnon and thanks for this useful feedback,

Yes indeed, the Aladdin's Skunk flowers extremely fast despite its "Sativa" appearance.
Since it is an IBL, the plants all have a similar structure and smell. However it is not as uniform as clones can be and some phenotypes can produce more than others.
The smell is always very sugary and creamy though some phenos can be more floral and others are rather fruity.

Unike the RKS (Road Kill Skunk), the Skunk#1 is a sweet Skunk. It is Funky/creamy/sweet and can smell a bit like baby poop but it does not smell like a dead skunk.
I personally believe that the RKS is not a skunk#1 but a completely different strain. Ed Rosenthal also talked about the fact that the Original Skunk#1 has always been sweet.
If you guys have more info about the RKS, it'd be great to hear/read what you guys know.

Have a great weekend,
Al

kro-magnon

Veteran
I didn't expect a road-kil smell, I've grown a lot of skunk in 90's and early 2000's so I know what type of smell to expect from this type of flower. I'm not interested in a plant smelling like a decomposing corpse and I think a lot of stories are exaggerated as memories can be tricky with time. Anyway this skunk I've grown from your seeds was not a common smell compared to what I've grown in the past, it's the first time I have such a floral smell from a skunk and such a small yield but I've had only one female so I don't know what else can be in those seeds.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Filipino Kibungan, new landrace sativa from Khalifa Genetics available on ACE Seeds website! :yes:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/khalifa-genetics/filipinokibunganseeds.html

Highland tropical sativa with a unique fruity aromatic profile. Originating from a remote and mountainous area of northern Philippines, the Filipino Kibungan is easy to grow and extremely mold resistant.

Vigorous and easy to grow, this rare Filipino cultivar comes from a remote and sparsely populated mountain area. Local farmers typically grow small guerrilla patches in secluded locations up in the mountains. Most plants produce a delicious fruity fragrance reminiscent of a sweet and creamy tropical fruit. However some phenotypes tend to also be hazy and woody.

Many plants produce greasy stems with a distinct fruity smell. As they start flowering, the buds have a sweet perfume at first which slowly becomes more complex. It then turns into a rich blend of sweet tropical fruit and spices. The taste is often more woody and spicy though the fruitiness is still present on the exhale.

The Filipino Kibungan is without a doubt an uplifting strain. This fast hitter encourages creativity with its clean and joyful high. However, if harvested late, the effect can be more balanced thus producing a relaxing sensation.

Because of the abundant rainfalls almost throughout the year, this cultivar has developed the ability to withstand extreme humidity. In addition to that, it is also quite cold resistant for a tropical Sativa.

In the Philippines, cannabis cultivation is still punishable by life imprisonment which causes local farmers to be extremely cautious. Therefore, sourcing seeds from that region is very difficult. The war on cannabis along with the introduction of foreign genetics have already made many Filipino landraces disappear. For these reasons, a local Filipino grower offered Khalifa Genetics these heirloom seeds for their reproduction and preservation. It allowed the Khalifa team to preserve this invaluable cultivar before the relentless eradication campaigns and pollen contamination caused it to go extinct.

This unique Filipino landrace is recommended to collectors, preservationists and breeders looking for an easy-to-grow Sativa with outstanding mold resistance and fruity terpenes.

Flowering indoors: 14-17 weeks.
Flowering outdoors: End of November to Mid December.

Structure: This Kibungan cultivar grows insanely fast. It shows a lot of lateral branching. Once the plants really start blooming however, they focus their energy on the tops and can produce some long Sativa spears. Its airy buds let the air flow through them and almost never mold. Although the buds can be wispy, some plants produce big long and heavy colas.

Growing Tips: As is the case with most tropical sativas, the Filipino Kibungan can thrive in a poor soil. However, unlike most Sativas, it can also tolerate richer soils.

This cultivar is therefore more forgiving and more beginner friendly than most tropical varieties.

However, during the flowering stretch the plants grow very tall, very quickly. For that reason, it is recommended to train the plants during the first 7 weeks of flowering and to use a grow light high in blue spectrum until the end of the stretch.

Attachments

• Filipino Kibungan F101.jpg
    Filipino Kibungan F101.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Filipino Kibungan F101 3.jpg
    Filipino Kibungan F101 3.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Filipino Kibungan.jpg
    Filipino Kibungan.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 100

squatty

Hello dubi.
Is the Kibungan for sale the same line you received from Chongkee?
I've just started reading the Kibungan thread started in 2007 and I'm guessing what is available from Khalifa now is another line from the same area?
Thank you.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi squatty, hope you and yours are doing fine and healthy!

The PI sativa i posted many years ago on the thread you comment came from Kalinga.
The Kibungan PI released by Khalifa last year is different, hopefully Aladdin.Khalifa can share more info about its origins.

Happy Xmas!

squatty

Thank you for the well wishes dubi. I am doing well and I hope you are also.

Thank you for the clarification on the strains. Looking on a map, I'm amazed how close the three regions of Kibungan, Sagada and Kalinga are.

Last edited:

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hello squatty and happy new year to you all!

Our Filipino Kibungan Cultivar and Ace's are 2 different strains.

The original Kibungan seeds were gifted to us, along with other Filipino seeds by a local strain hunter/grower from the Northern Philippines back in 2020.
We had over 50 Kibunghan seeds and we used them all for the indoor reproduction run.
Out of 27 females, only 3 hermed and were culled out.
Therefore the Kibungan still has a good amount of genetic diversity.

We haven't grown the Kalinga yet but I heard that many Kalinga plants turn purple. All of the Kibungan plant remained green till the end and most had some Fruity aromas.

Cheers,
Al

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you for clarifying that point Aladdin.Khalifa :yes:

We have available the new Afghan Lemon: a highly refined and stabilized lemony Afghani Balkhi from Khalifa Genetics:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/k...feminized.html

Afghan Lemon Feminized AN EXCEPTIONALLY FLAVORFUL HASH PLANT

The best phenotype of one of the best hash plants of all time. The Afghan Lemon is a highly refined and stabilized phenotype of Balkh Hashplant.
This legendary Afghan Landrace has been used for hundreds of years for making some exquisite hashish.

In 2019, While doing a preservation run with the Balkhi, the Khalifa team found an outstanding lemony phenotype. That stand-out plant was frostier than most and had an incredible flavor profile.

Khalifa Genetics has then stabilized that unique phenotype for over 2 years to turn it into a true breeding strain. Therefore, the Afghan lemon consistently produces flavorful lemon-scented plants.
It will delight growers with robust, easy-to-grow plants with resinous buds. When touching the flowers, the resin on your fingers leaves a strong lemony/hashy smell that lingers for several minutes.

The taste is also a delicious blend of Lemon and old school Hash. Unlike most lemony hybrids, the Afghan Lemon’s smell is fresh and natural. It is very different from that candy/chemical lemon scent that many California strains have. Its super smooth smoke quickly brings about a strong body stone effect. Although it is potent and long-lasting, the effect isn’t overwhelming but rather pleasant and relaxing.

The Balkh province is home to some of the best sieved hashish in the world such as the famous “Milk of Mazar” and the “Old Golden One”. The Afghan Lemon is therefore the cream of the crop. It is one of the best expressions of one of the best hash plants in the world!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Afghan Lemon IBL square.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.0 KB ID:	18054746

Click image for larger version  Name:	Afghan Lemon IBL (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	18054747

Click image for larger version  Name:	Afghan Lemon IBL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	18054748
Click image for larger version  Name:	Afghan Lemon Fully Seeded (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.7 KB ID:	18054749

SonicNurse92

Hi,

Had 18 seeds of Sheberghan

Only 8 sprouted and all are males, truly sad as I use to get 100% germination ratio on my own feminized crosses

https://www.instagram.com/hampimbabura/

¿Do you accept PayPal? I'd like to get some Landraces

ACE Seeds is no longer sending seeds to my country Ecuador although all the previous 5 stealth shipping orders I payed above 100€ arrived successfully since 2017

I have a good friend in Spain, he can be an alternative address

Thank you for your help amigos

Best regards

-Hampi-

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SonicNurse92, we changed our shipping policy and since 2020 we strictly only ship to EU, UK and Canada from our website.
If you have a friend in EU then maybe he/she can help you with the shipping address.

All the best with your Balkhi Indika :)