What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other Sour Orange Diesel grow

6 weeks :watchplant: at least 2 weeks left...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks guys! I noticed this morning that 2 big buds have bud rot, where the fan does not go, i have to cut them down. But they are almost finished i guess.

7 weeks of 12/12 : Harvest day... First because of bud rot on most of the top buds, and also because they were ready.
Very easy to trim, it's a rewarding strain. The buds are compact, full of trichomes, mostly the buds that were beneath the canopy. Almost no pop corn buds, every thing is worth the trimming.

picture.php

picture.php

Harvest report : it's almost dry! Almost 2 weeks to dry the weed in my house, i had to put 2 fans, an exhaust and a dehumidifier in the room.

SEEEEEEDS!!! When i was trimming, i saw 2 dry male flowers, no banana, male flowers. But only two. But it was enough to get many seeds.
That's maybe why it was done before the schedule. Seeds are very ripe!!! Almost black. lol!

So if you want seeds...:biggrin:

Feminized...:yay:

:D

Any smoke report ?

Yes sure. The taste is great, very fruity, like the smell. About potency, it's not very strong, maybe because of the seeds, it's not sinsemilla.
I keep it for the daytime.
My favorite so far in RGS catalog is Killer Orange, this one is for when you don't have to think.

Late update : after almost 3 months of curing, the SOD is way stronger and becomes a nice weed.
As for the seeds, i've just found out that my homebrew NFT system must be guilty. The second grow with it gave me a lot of seeds also, and now i'm doing the third grow with it, and i found a couple of male flowers on the main stem of one plant, Same symptoms. I don't know why it sucks, but it sucks. So next grows will be with the good old bubbler method.
And water pumps are not as reliable as air pumps. They get clogged by roots, and need a constant control of the water level.
So adios NFT and PVC pipes...:thank you:

bs0

Late update : after almost 3 months of curing, the SOD is way stronger and becomes a nice weed.
As for the seeds, i've just found out that my homebrew NFT system must be guilty. The second grow with it gave me a lot of seeds also, and now i'm doing the third grow with it, and i found a couple of male flowers on the main stem of one plant, Same symptoms. I don't know why it sucks, but it sucks. So next grows will be with the good old bubbler method.
And water pumps are not as reliable as air pumps. They get clogged by roots, and need a constant control of the water level.
So adios NFT and PVC pipes...:thank you:

Check for light leaks and temp extremes. A thermometer with hi/lo recording is useful - I have a WiFi one that imports to my phone so I can see temp at any point in the day. It was like $40 so not too expensive.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've grew these a couple times outdoors, I got one I'm gonna put out soon. The RG4, DFG, Dos, The Kore, Lemon Dizzle plus whatever I'm not remembering do great outdoors!!! Honestly think the Fast Diesel is the only thing I had problems with but I accidentally let them get flooded outdoors as seedlings....so that's on me. I'd vouch for all the RGS strains I've ran.