What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger x Panama feminized limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for pointed it out @Old Fogey @Garmonbozia (y)
I don't know why the english version of Golden Tiger x Panama strain description was not updated, sorry for that, you can find it updated: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/limited-editions/goldentigerxpanamafem.html

@Boss Cocky is correct. Current Golden Tiger x Panama fem version is the new version using Thai dominant GT mothers instead of the rotten smelling GT mother of the first version. In fact, the release contains both: seeds from Koh Chang dominant and Meao Thai dominant GT mothers, pollinated by Panama Goddess (reversed).
Current version is way more potent and trippy than the first version.

Thanks for pointed it out @Old Fogey @Garmonbozia (y)
I don't know why the english version of Golden Tiger x Panama strain description was not updated, sorry for that, you can find it updated: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/limited-editions/goldentigerxpanamafem.html

@Boss Cocky is correct. Current Golden Tiger x Panama fem version is the new version using Thai dominant GT mothers instead of the rotten smelling GT mother of the first version. In fact, the release contains both: seeds from Koh Chang dominant and Meao Thai dominant GT mothers, pollinated by Panama Goddess (reversed).
Current version is way more potent and trippy than the first version.
Hello Dubi, it is cool to have you here to help with selections etc. So the newest new version of the Panama crossed with Golden Tiger, is that going to be available for a t least a few months?
I assume that every time you release a new version of an older one it is an upgrade otherwise you would leave the old one in place is that a legit assumption?

Old Fogey

Hello Dubi, it is cool to have you here to help with selections etc. So the newest new version of the Panama crossed with Golden Tiger, is that going to be available for a t least a few months?
I assume that every time you release a new version of an older one it is an upgrade otherwise you would leave the old one in place is that a legit assumption?
As at the time of this post there were 17 packs left on the Ace site. Good luck with scoring some, it looks a treat.

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
As at the time of this post there were 17 packs left on the Ace site. Good luck with scoring some, it looks a treat.

Just placed an order for these and some other goodies as well. This update version sounds fantastic

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@SeriousGrower420 it depends. In the case of Golden Tiger x Panama this new version using more Thai dominant Golden Tiger mothers replaces the previous first version, this new second one is even better.

In other cases, the goals of producing a different version could be target on very rare phenotypes within a family, specific effects, certain colors, terpene profiles, or offer offspring siding more towards a parental line of the hybrid family than the main release of the strain.

For example, with Golden Tiger i still consider the GT 2.0 main releases available in both regular and feminized for the past years as the best Golden Tiger version. Golden Tiger 3rd version is more Thai Dominant, something that some of our customers requested, hence we worked on it, so in Golden Tiger case, the 3rd version is not necessarily 'better' than the second one, such statement (one better
than the other) is also quite subjective and personal.

Thanks for your support @OZZ_ friend ;)

Keif Cake

Veteran
A pair of GT x Panama

The tall one is smelling very Panama
The shorter im not picking up much on the nose yet, other than a faint panama smell, I'm guessing this one is leaning towards GT.

I put them in flower, waiting on them to get a little over waist high and then topped them, I'm liking the results and structure

20230125_205558.jpg
20230125_205210.jpg
20230125_205625.jpg
20230125_205636.jpg
20230125_205611.jpg
20230125_205418.jpg
20230125_205340.jpg

OZZ_

Veteran
A pair of GT x Panama

The tall one is smelling very Panama
The shorter im not picking up much on the nose yet, other than a faint panama smell, I'm guessing this one is leaning towards GT.

I put them in flower, waiting on them to get a little over waist high and then topped them, I'm liking the results and structure

View attachment 18805243 View attachment 18805244 View attachment 18805245 View attachment 18805246 View attachment 18805247 View attachment 18805248 View attachment 18805249

Awesome!! I’ve been wanting to see how these do. How many weeks in are you?Also, which one is the short one and which one is the tall one though? They both look the same height in that middle pic? 🤣🤣🤣

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to meet your 2 GT x Panama gals @Keif Cake :dance013:Great looking colas passing mid flowering!
Both have the upright branching of Panama Goddess, one taller, the other more compact. The taller truly looks more Panama dominant :yes:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Awesome!! I’ve been wanting to see how these do. How many weeks in are you?Also, which one is the short one and which one is the tall one though? They both look the same height in that middle pic?🤣🤣🤣
Lol, i see what you mean, there is a little aluminum bench under the one on the right, its about 18" shorter.

A pleasure to meet your 2 GT x Panama gals @Keif Cake :dance013:Great looking colas passing mid flowering!
Both have the upright branching of Panama Goddess, one taller, the other more compact. The taller truly looks more Panama dominant :yes:

I will soon grow Panama to find out how it is alone, but there is a strong scent i pick in all of the Panama crosses so far, the taller one has that scent and a lot of it. Im starting to see why Panama has a historically huge following

OZZ_

Veteran
Lol, i see what you mean, there is a little aluminum bench under the one on the right, its about 18" shorter.

I will soon grow Panama to find out how it is alone, but there is a strong scent i pick in all of the Panama crosses so far, the taller one has that scent and a lot of it. Im starting to see why Panama has a historically huge following

HA! I see it now, not sure how I missed that 👍👍👍

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mamma mia @Garmonbozia :tiphat: Love the way how you grow your sativas indoors and how those colas look. The ACE strains you chose are not the easiest to grow indoors, yet you brought them close to their best potential in what i think is your first try with them, isn't ? Truly impressive, eager to know your insights about the 3 GT x Panamas you have and how would you compare them with the other ACE sativas you are finishing side by side.

Garmonbozia

Thanks again dubi,
yes it's the first time i grow GT x Panama but my last session was one malawi, one zamaldelica, one Panama Haze (green pheno) and one Purple Haze x Malawi (Purple haze pheno).
Some strains have a big stretching and my tent is only 1.80m height so it's always a battle to avoid burning the colas but fortunately my leds system is very cold.
For the 3 GT x Panamas (2 in 7l and 1 in 11l pot), one is lemony incensey terps another one is more panama tropical terps (the bigger one) and the last is a little weird (creamy hashy terps).
The bigger one is easily the best yield i get from this session (4 big colas) and it's more like GT3 foxtailing than Panama morphology.
Here pics from the 2 GT x Panamas in 7l Pot i harvest at F+85 so it wasn't visible on the previous pics.
On the front left and on the front right of the last picture.

Attachments

• PXL_20230113_062555058.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062555058.PORTRAIT.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 216
  • PXL_20230113_062429842.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062429842.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 222
  • PXL_20230113_062423117.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062423117.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 187
  • PXL_20230113_062405873.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062405873.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 194
  • PXL_20230113_062359432.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062359432.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 186
  • PXL_20230113_062352847.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062352847.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 184
  • PXL_20230113_062343654.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062343654.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
  • PXL_20230113_062206178.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062206178.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 178
  • PXL_20230113_062158513.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230113_062158513.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Mamma mia @Garmonbozia :tiphat: Love the way how you grow your sativas indoors and how those colas look. The ACE strains you chose are not the easiest to grow indoors, yet you brought them close to their best potential in what i think is your first try with them, isn't ? Truly impressive, eager to know your insights about the 3 GT x Panamas you have and how would you compare them with the other ACE sativas you are finishing side by side.
I haven't gotten my two GtP harvested yet, and ready for what the smoke test says, but growth wise, appearance, and smell i think this is one of the best selections for a pure sativa, and certainly better than the straight golden tiger i have experience with. The of these is much stronger, where the GTs i had all needed some support, up to needing a considerable amount of support.
Mine smell like a mixture of Gt and Panama, and exactly what that smell i can't describe it.