What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moroccan Beldia Kif

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
:bow:
20230317_160617-01.jpeg

It's in the soil now... ✌️

xtsho

I started some of the Moroccan. The seeds popped extremely fast in less than 48 hours. I let them go a couple weeks in the veg tent. They got a little leggy but after a week under the 600 watt HPS they have grown significantly. I put them in the flower tent on April 15th. They were between 2-3 weeks old at that time. I forgot to make note of the exact day I planted them. These three are one male and two females. They are already showing sex. The taller one is the male.

This is my first go with this strain so I'm doing a seed run and will also use some pollen on some other things which I haven't decided upon just yet.

You can't see from the pictures, I didn't take closeups but the male is definitely male and the other 2 are definitely female. I'll get some closeups in a couple days. They sure flower fast.

They're just in about 1.7 liters of recycled soil with a small amount of organic dry fertilizer mixed in. They've just been getting plain water so far but don't seem to be lacking anything. It is somewhat cold when the lights are off as they're in an unheated garage that gets down into the 50's Fahrenheit at lights out. They seem to be doing okay and I'm not going to bother adding a heater. It's warming up so it's not going to be getting any colder and they'll be fine.

April 15th

moroccan04152023.jpg

April 22nd

moroccan04222023.jpg

Belgianfarmer

Knappe jongens Belgische boer :) hoe gaat het met de bestoven vrouwtjes ? Houd ons op de hoogte als je de kans hebt!

Dat was snel @Theorganicguy! Geen geweldige opbrengst, maar blij om te weten dat het ook in augustus op jouw breedtegraad is geëindigd.(y)
Hallo Dubi, bedankt voor je reactie. en mijn excuses voor het late antwoord. Ik heb al een hele tijd inlog problemen. over de Beldia Kiff, ik had alle twaalf zaden ontkiemd en alle planten hebben het overleefd. 6 vrouwen en 6 mannen. twee vrouwtjes zijn halverwege de bloei hermafrodiet geworden. het was niet gemakkelijk voor de planten. Ik had de 12 planten verdeeld over vier potten van 25 liter. en weinig water gegeven voor periodes dat het hier in België behoorlijk warm was. :) maar ik kon alle vier de overgebleven vrouwen in september oogsten. zal later foto's plaatsen, ze zien er allemaal gezond uit. groeten

Belgianfarmer

hallo Mexcurandero420, zeer interessante informatie over Beldia. in 2021 was ik in Utrecht om examens af te leggen. na mijn examens ging ik naar een coffeeshop waar ze beldia-hasj verkopen. datzelfde jaar kocht ik Beldia Kiff-zaden van Ace Seeds. lekker om overdag te roken. maar de testrapporten die je hebt gepost. 32% thc! is dit hasj of een concentraat?

goingrey

hallo Mexcurandero420, zeer interessante informatie over Beldia. in 2021 was ik in Utrecht om examens af te leggen. na mijn examens ging ik naar een coffeeshop waar ze beldia-hasj verkopen. datzelfde jaar kocht ik Beldia Kiff-zaden van Ace Seeds. lekker om overdag te roken. maar de testrapporten die je hebt gepost. 32% thc! is dit hasj of een concentraat?
It is hash, there is a photo of the sample in the top left corner. 61% total cannabinoids is pretty good, yes.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Dat is hashish idd, misschien gemixt met wat hash olie.Vroeger heette dat blonde Maroc, maar dat was nooit zo sterk, wel een heerlijke geur.

Belgianfarmer

hallo allemaal, zoals ik al zei. het is lang geleden dat ik deze zaden heb gecontroleerd. en ik was verrast hoe groot het verschil is van plant tot plant. Ik heb spijt dat ik niet meer foto's heb gemaakt van deze planten. de grootste partij zaden komt van een vrouw die als eerste bloeide en ook de meeste bloemen ontwikkelde. het was een mooie vrouw en ze werd bestoven door meerdere mannen, van wie er één qua uiterlijk een match was voor die vrouw. gelijke hoogte (+/- 180 cm) robuust en een mooie topontwikkeling. die twee zijn mij het meest bijgebleven en hebben ook de meeste aandacht gekregen. maar omdat we nu ruim 6 maanden verder zijn begint het allemaal te vervagen. zal hierna foto's van gekiemde zaden plaatsen.
IMG_20230426_183102858.jpg
IMG_20230426_183121603.jpg
IMG_20230426_183204696.jpg
IMG_20230426_183134001.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see you growing some Beldia @xtsho :) All the best for the flowering stage and for your pollination projects.

Happy to see you have also produced next generation seed with your Beldias @Belgianfarmer (y)

Good luck with your window Beldia grow Mitsuharu ;)

@Theorganicguy what's your opinion on the finished product you got from last season Beldias ?

Pretty interesting mexcurandero420 thanks for sharing cannabinoid and terpene results of Beldia hashes from Dutch cofee shops. Both show an important blend of THC and CBD, so should be closer to Beldia genetics instead of the THC rich- low CBD Jardala, which is produced using modern hybrid genetics.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
Unfortunately the Beldia Seedling didn't survived @dubi . Sorry. 😅

But i got a lot of other plants/strains growing right now and the Beldia will stay on the list. 🍀

xtsho

Glad to see you growing some Beldia @xtsho :) All the best for the flowering stage and for your pollination projects.

Happy to see you have also produced next generation seed with your Beldias @Belgianfarmer (y)

Good luck with your window Beldia grow Mitsuharu ;)

@Theorganicguy what's your opinion on the finished product you got from last season Beldias ?

Pretty interesting mexcurandero420 thanks for sharing cannabinoid and terpene results of Beldia hashes from Dutch cofee shops. Both show an important blend of THC and CBD, so should be closer to Beldia genetics instead of the THC rich- low CBD Jardala, which is produced using modern hybrid genetics.

Thanks for your support. Nothing I'm doing would be possible without the genetics that you and a few others have made available to growers like myself. Thank you for the seeds that make all this possible. :)

Luiggi

Hi all,

Being that some of you have already tested this genetics and that beldia seems, from what I have readen here, a very resilent strain, few months ago, I decided to order a pack of 5 regulars. I have not sprouted them yet but hope to do it along this week. My idea as I already posted before is to explore the drought resistance of the strain so to be able to try dry farming in the future. This way I am not sure if to select one single male and pollinate some females ( including congo, panama, Jack la mota and of course beldia) or if doing first an open pollinitation with all males and females which I may get. For the first option, there is any trait I can check for selecting a male which is really drough resistant? I heard those with more columnar growing may also show the most resistance against drough but probably some of you may advice better.

In addition, from the strain description I saw it should be planted in medium to big size pots to get a good ratio of females. does it mean the rest are males or do they turn hermies? By mendel laws I would say because of X-Y combination, a seed has already a declared sex since it is a seed but I am not too deep in genetics. What sould be a typical ratio of males/females? which pot size is recomended if sprouting them by june 20 to 30 liters? Should I dig a big hole if planting them directly in soil? I guess it may take up to september to finish flowering by starting them so late.

As stated I am not too experts in genetics so would you look for any other trait for a male?

I am sorry if I did too many questions,

luiggi

goingrey

Hi all,

Being that some of you have already tested this genetics and that beldia seems, from what I have readen here, a very resilent strain, few months ago, I decided to order a pack of 5 regulars. I have not sprouted them yet but hope to do it along this week. My idea as I already posted before is to explore the drought resistance of the strain so to be able to try dry farming in the future. This way I am not sure if to select one single male and pollinate some females ( including congo, panama, Jack la mota and of course beldia) or if doing first an open pollinitation with all males and females which I may get. For the first option, there is any trait I can check for selecting a male which is really drough resistant? I heard those with more columnar growing may also show the most resistance against drough but probably some of you may advice better.

In addition, from the strain description I saw it should be planted in medium to big size pots to get a good ratio of females. does it mean the rest are males or do they turn hermies? By mendel laws I would say because of X-Y combination, a seed has already a declared sex since it is a seed but I am not too deep in genetics. What sould be a typical ratio of males/females? which pot size is recomended if sprouting them by june 20 to 30 liters? Should I dig a big hole if planting them directly in soil? I guess it may take up to september to finish flowering by starting them so late.

As stated I am not too experts in genetics so would you look for any other trait for a male?

I am sorry if I did too many questions,

luiggi
If drought resistance is what you are breeding for, you should select males that do well with little water. An open pollination first would improve your odds of finding some. And also then you won't risk losing the expensive bought seeds (i.e. plants grown from then) to the simulated drought.

goingrey

So I have 5 Beldia in coco that were flipped early, about two weeks ago. Early flip because it's a seed run / experiment to see what the kif (seeded flower) is like. Also hoping to pollinate an Auto Duck from Dutch Passion.

Had to leave them on their own for a week so they were overwatered heavily. Not optimal but a decision I consciously made. Before anyone points that out... :redface:

A couple of them have self-topped. Something I have seen mentioned on the forums but this is the first time seeing it in "the wild". Like this girl:

bldiaf.jpg

bldias.jpg

Should be getting some pollen soon:

bldiam.jpg

Last edited: