What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube

Koondense

Veteran
Super nice outdoor beauties, as always :)

Is the og kush a plant from seed or clone? Which seedbank, if from seed?

I'm tempted to grow it since i tried to smoke some og in california and had surprisingly up effect with not much couch lock. Overall pretty good stuff.

Best of luck with the rest of flowering, i hope the pests die off with this cool weather.

Cheers

yoss33

Veteran
The big fluffy buds of the Purple Mexican have very fresh flowery indica smell. I remember that the Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (OJD cut) that was growing at the same spot a few years ago had a very similar smell to this one. It's not pure flowers, as if there's an acetone solvent mixed with them and giving some "sharpness" to the sweet smell.
The high from the early samples is a more "usual" stone than the OG Kush, more smooth and relaxed, still kind of clear and clean. It seems to enhance perception but is slightly lazy, not motivating.
Big flowers, pistils and trichomes.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Holly shhhh! For a second I thought this big Pine tree in the background was one of your plants. You grow such beauties my eye were tricked

Heh, that size and structure is the goal of the Zam crosses that I'm playing with :)
Now that I have enough Zam2Ace and Zam x Jarilla seeds, I'll be able to make a good selection of a plant with thin leaves that can grow big, and so try to grow a big tree perhaps next year. Or maybe not next year, as I still have more than enough Zam #3 stash.

yoss33

Veteran
The OG Kush seeds (3 of them) were given to me by a friend in return to the few Queen Mother seeds that I gave him last year. As far as I know they are from Royal Queen Seeds.

p.s. By the way, I have smoked buds from the same seeds grown by this friend, and it was an OK smoke, flavor and high-wise, generic "kush". But this friend somehow manages to always grow weed that is not very impressing, I think he has problems stemming from the many bottles of artificial ferts and "boosters" he uses.

yoss33

Veteran
A week or two ago, I declared the Jarilla resistant to the stem borers we have because it wasn't attacked up to then, unlike the OG and the Purple Mexican. But now half of the tops of the Jarilla are infected with a stem borer that will surely stunt these tops.
Here's a shot of one of the native protectors agains stem borers - a small spider that is eating (sucking) a stem borer:
picture.php

picture.php

And another photo from the micro-world on the Jarilla, capturing a green sap-sucking bug, a pack of ants licking aphid juices and a single russet mite (the tiny yellow elliptical thing on a leaf tip bellow the ants). It's a wild world in there :)
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I find trip in life. The things we notice when we take the time. LOL. I posted a close-up picture of bud off the Baglung Nepali plant I grew, then started noticing it was crawling with critters. Life is a battle and a trip. There are probably thrips there somewhere.

yoss33

Veteran
I like how every pest has its predators outdoors, and so damage from pests is somewhat limited while being enough to stimulate the plants' defences. The indicas suffer more in our environment because they flower early, in the hot weather, when there are more bugs, especially the bugs that dwell on the wild hemp in the area.
Yesterday I harvested the OG Kush and the Purple Mexican. It's an early harvest, with most pistils still white, in the peak of smells, before the smells start to go more earthy. I would let these 2 plants mature some more, but a neighbor started to cut down some trees very close to the grow site gathering wood for the winter. This neighbor has seen my plants in previous seasons without reactions, though I think he knows what this is (not hemp). I don't want to risk, the plants smell so strongly, they can suffocate you with their smell some 10 meters away, he can get impressed by how these smell and share with other people...
Both plants have nice highs at this moment, harvest is not too early as both effects are not speedy/edgy at all. Potency is very good, maybe because there were only a day or 2 cloudy days during the whole flowering, with less than an hour of showers. Very dry weather.
Yield looks fine, taking into account that no fertilizers were used during the whole season (and these are hungry hybrids), watering was moderate and no measures were taken against leaves dying early due to all the pests.
picture.php

OG Kush:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And the last photo:
picture.php

The rest of the plants are going well, the weather forecasts are good - warm sunny weather in the next week. I hope the Zam & Jarilla plants look hempy enough not to spark interest in my neighbor, as he'll surely see at least the ZamAce spot.

yoss33

Veteran
The neighbor cutted a few big trees that casted a few hours of shadow on both the Jarilla and ZamAces spots, so the sativas will have some extra sunlight, right in time for the flowering.

ZamAces & Zam2Aces:
picture.php

ZamAce #1:
picture.php

picture.php

ZamAce #2, which is building a big fluffy cola that reminds of Orient Express:
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Zam2Ace #1, which had its top eaten by a stem borer, is getting bushy:
picture.php

The other Zam2Aces:
picture.php

And some photos of the Jarilla mother:
picture.php

picture.php

G

Beautiful images of nature and plants,check.Beautiful descriptions ,check.Great growing skills ,check.Love your grow logs Yoss,good luck with the finish!:tiphat:

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, Syd!
I'm not sure there are growing skills displayed - I have cleaned some shrubs, put compost from cow manure in the soil before planting and top dressed once, and just water with tap water twice a week. That's all I do. No battles with pests, no fertilizing schemes, no playing with support. It doesn't get much easier... I wish my tomatoes required as much attention.

yoss33

Veteran
A couple of photos of the just-dried Purple Mexican... Not the biggest colas, since the batteries of my camera died after a few shots with the flash light, and so only the first branches from the bag got on photos:
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
I tried early samples of ZamAce #1 and #2, and I'm very impressed but in the same time the effect is not what I' looking for - to reproduce the same (or similar) energetic wild high as the Zamaldelica mother. Both ZamAces have a similar very dopey high with strong pleasant tingling body and very clean and chill/calm mind with a feeling of a vast surrounding space. Both have extremely penetrating skunky smell (#1 is more creamy, #2 is more spoiled lemon) and a smoking pleasure that is the best I've had in many years, putting to shame OG Kush and Purple Mexican, which are both very tasty on their own. Smooth inhale without the Zamaldelica mother's expansion in the lungs, very flavorful hashy, spicy and skunky exhale and superb long-lasting creamy aftertaste. I wouldn't say Zamaldelica is flavorful bud (compared to the best indicas), so I didn't expect it to be a mother of so so tasty children. The smell is similar to that of OG Kush in that as if it (or tiny amounts of it) sticks to your nose/mouth/hands/pocket (or mind) for hours, a few hours after smoking you sense a whiff of the smell and you can't understand where it comes from.

We are having nice weather, still very dry (only a day of showers several days ago) and I have to water regularly, finding the smaller plants with small roots droopy from thirst every time. Nine days of only sun in the 10-days weather forecast.

ZamAce #1:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Of the Jarilla seedlings, 2 two remain, 1 was male and was removed.
picture.php

picture.php

And the Zam x Jarilla seedlings, which as the Jarilla ones are just beginning to show sex, but are smaller than them sitting in the shade of the big Jarilla, and so will hardly make any "bud" for testing:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts