What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Cobra Ferrari Wars

sddefault.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This is the series based on, and follows David Bowie's movie The Man Who Fell To Earth (1976).

In David Bowie's version, Thomas Jerome Newton (Bowie) get addicted to booze and drugs, fails in his mission and returns to his dying planet.

This "new" alien is sent by Newton to finish what he started.
The Man Who Fell To Earth (2022) (Showtime)

This is looking really good. I'm on Episode 3. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ so far.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Movie Scenes are so short these days, it's easy to miss scenes with "significant plot content".

e.g. there's a scene in Breaking Bad where Jesse is cooking meth alone in the RV, in the desert, before his RV comes up on Hank's radar. But it's only about a 3 second scene, with no audio.

Easy to miss.

buzzmobile

Veteran

My wife and I needed Kleenex after this one. Dogs are great.

St. Phatty

Is there a tutorial that fills in the gaps in the chemistry portrayed in Breaking Bad ?

and shows how to manufacture meth professionally, using the materials shown in the show ? match scraping things, aluminum, etc.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
You mean you want the secrets of methamphetamine manufacture? Uncle Fester made a living doing that. You're a few decades late.

They would not have had the LE cooperation they had if they had accurately portrayed anything. Methylamine is easily made in at least 3 different ways. No one makes P2P (AKA BMK) with ThO2 in a tube furnace, and meth made from P2P and reductive amination like with aluminum and methylamine is half in the wrong form and doesn't form crystals because of that. The wrong meth can be removed but now you only have half your meth. Ice is made from ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, and the hypo- or just plain phosphorous acid route is the best.

shithawk420

Veteran
How the hell did you miss Slingblade? Been meaning to watch bone tomahawk.suppossed to be messed up.found this crazy movie called Freaks.its surprisingly really good.messed up sci-fi movie.i really recommend it.also saw Apt Pupil for the first time.another good movie.another good movie I saw but never saw was with honors with Joe pesci and Brendan Frazier.

Eltitoguay

LOL, reminds me of a story my parents tell, and another movie if you haven't seen it.

Almost 50 years ago in Chicago, it was common for my parents to go to an afternoon movie. The day they went to see Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb," it was a particularly rainy afternoon.

The neighborhood was predominately non-english speaking and a great many of them ducked into the matinee to escape the rain. It was very cheap and a warm way to pass an hour or so until the rain quit.

Being non-english speaking and having no sub-titles, the movie was very scary for most of them. My father, gotta love him, was laughing so hard he fell in the aisle and was rolling on the floor. My mother was so embarrassed she tried to cover him with her coat. lol

The non-english speaking people were horrified he was laughing at a movie about doomsday. lol Makes me wonder if any of them ever saw the movie again with sub-titles or after learning English. lol Freaking hilarious movie. :tiphat:

!Very good! In my country it was released dubbed into Spanish, but they changed the title: it was titled and is titled "Teléfono rojo?: Volamos hacia Moscú" ("Red Telephone?: We flew to Moscow").

Eltitoguay

Baby :
("Silent" film, without dialogues)
2020 by Juanma Bajo Ulloa

Cast: Rosie Day, Harriet Sansom Harris, Natalia Tena, Charo López, Mafalda Carbonell, Natalia Ruiz, Carmen San Esteban, Susana Soleto

Screenplay: Juanma Bajo Ulloa

Music: Bingen Mendizabal, Koldo Uriarte

Photography: Josep M. Civit

Editing: Demetrio Elorz
Somewhere in the Basque Country, a young pregnant heroin addict gives birth in the middle of one of her withdrawal crises. Unable to take care of the baby, she sells him to a midwife dedicated to child trafficking. Remorseful, the young woman will try to get it back.

Last edited: