What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Wow that is gorgeous Foggy! Indoors or outside? I'm betting the red comes from the Panama side, but maybe not.

Foggy420

Outside

Yea I noticed the picture in the Ace Panama description and it looks just like this. Sweet!
70's throwback weed, stoked!
1662929464822.jpeg

Kiefcake

This is certainly one of the most interesting plants, loud sweet smell, and EXTRA resinous which is hard to capture in an image. Buds have medium to light density.

Stoneroller

The girls are now 15 days from seed, i transplanted them to the final container at day 13. According to the breeder information when growing indoors, i should now flip them to 11/13. I have never flipped plants at this early stage and feel a bit hesitant. I am pondering if i should veg them a bit more and maybe top them before flipping to flower. Any advice on the matter? I have around one meter effective growing space, area being 0,6x1,2 meters.
IMG_20220921_121314.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag and to ACE Seeds room @Stoneroller and thank you so much for supporting our work.

I wouldn't recommend you to grow Honduras x Panama and Zamaldelica x Kali China in the same tent. HxP is a super vigorous pure sativa F1 hybrid of quite tropical profile, while Zx KC is very tamed and balanced sativa/indica hybrid, the first one will outgrow the second in late growing stage and the during whole flowering, it would be more convenient and effective to grow each strain separately.

Regarding final size of pot for indoor sativas grown in tents. As we have discussed several times in this room, i prefer to advise to restrict size of the pot when growing pure sativa in small indoor spaces, then after early flowering (once stretching is mostly over) transplant the sativa to her final pot with all the new nutrients. Otherwise, usually the pure sativa eats all the big pot during the growth and gets too big, for later not having nutrients and space for the roots during the long flowering period and indoor sativas typically get too big for another transplant.
I see you finally did start them in big pots, the 15 days to switch to flower recommendation on the strain description is stated for clones. You are starting from seed, so better give them more time of growth. I like to force indoor plant from seed to flower not before they have naturally reached their sexual maturity (at least showing clear preflowers).

Honduras x Panama is a pure sativa hybrid that reacts very well to pruning, toppping, SCROGing, etc .... responding fast and vigorously with new growth, producing great, strong yet flexible branching that later can produce huge sized buds.

If you need a short reply, consider Honduras x Panama will easily triple their size since the switch, when is flowered for the first time from seed. Please, keep us updated and we will try to help on the way.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Damn RobFromTX hehehehe i'm salivating over the keyboard with such good looking sativa flowers :tongue:
Resins, leaves, colors all look very much like Panama Goddess although more airy since it is a direct Honduran cross. I bet the effects are divine!

@Foggy420 :love: That's the famous red/pinkish pistil easily found in our Panama, its hybrids and in legendary tropical sativa landraces such as Panama Red and Colombian Punto Rojo.

What a nice bush HCMPA :D I bet she is a monster now in early flowering, unless you decided to prune before flowering started.
Kindly keep us updated, looks very promising outdoor grow.

Looking great there too @Kiefcake Yours look Honduran shaped, look of the flowers too.
Always put a smile on the face to see buds growing from the main leaves :)

So happy to hear you have new fem seedling going TexasTea ;)

Attachments

• 1663764896980.gif
    1663764896980.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 50

Kiefcake

Thanks @dubi, I'm ready to try this one. I'm very interested in seeing what else I can find in Honduras x Panama, and Panama Haze so far. Maybe around the 1st of the year, I'll start more of both, but I have some Chocolate Thai Germinating, with Panama x Pck to sort through first.

I'm thinking my next order if available will be Panama

RobFromTX

Damn RobFromTX hehehehe i'm salivating over the keyboard with such good looking sativa flowers :tongue:
Resins, leaves, colors all look very much like Panama Goddess although more airy since it is a direct Honduran cross. I bet the effects are divine!

@Foggy420 :love: That's the famous red/pinkish pistil easily found in our Panama, its hybrids and in legendary tropical sativa landraces such as Panama Red and Colombian Punto Rojo.

What a nice bush HCMPA :D I bet she is a monster now in early flowering, unless you decided to prune before flowering started.
Kindly keep us updated, looks very promising outdoor grow.

Looking great there too @Kiefcake Yours look Honduran shaped, look of the flowers too.
Always put a smile on the face to see buds growing from the main leaves :)

So happy to hear you have new fem seedling going TexasTea ;)
Thanks Dubi. The curing process really brings out the magic in this strain. Smells like lemons and its a great caffeine replacement (y)

xet

The girls are now 15 days from seed, i transplanted them to the final container at day 13. According to the breeder information when growing indoors, i should now flip them to 11/13. I have never flipped plants at this early stage and feel a bit hesitant. I am pondering if i should veg them a bit more and maybe top them before flipping to flower. Any advice on the matter? I have around one meter effective growing space, area being 0,6x1,2 meters. View attachment 18759326
Excellent style stoner

Stoneroller

Welcome to ICMag and to ACE Seeds room @Stoneroller and thank you so much for supporting our work.

I wouldn't recommend you to grow Honduras x Panama and Zamaldelica x Kali China in the same tent. HxP is a super vigorous pure sativa F1 hybrid of quite tropical profile, while Zx KC is very tamed and balanced sativa/indica hybrid, the first one will outgrow the second in late growing stage and the during whole flowering, it would be more convenient and effective to grow each strain separately.

Regarding final size of pot for indoor sativas grown in tents. As we have discussed several times in this room, i prefer to advise to restrict size of the pot when growing pure sativa in small indoor spaces, then after early flowering (once stretching is mostly over) transplant the sativa to her final pot with all the new nutrients. Otherwise, usually the pure sativa eats all the big pot during the growth and gets too big, for later not having nutrients and space for the roots during the long flowering period and indoor sativas typically get too big for another transplant.
I see you finally did start them in big pots, the 15 days to switch to flower recommendation on the strain description is stated for clones. You are starting from seed, so better give them more time of growth. I like to force indoor plant from seed to flower not before they have naturally reached their sexual maturity (at least showing clear preflowers).

Honduras x Panama is a pure sativa hybrid that reacts very well to pruning, toppping, SCROGing, etc .... responding fast and vigorously with new growth, producing great, strong yet flexible branching that later can produce huge sized buds.

If you need a short reply, consider Honduras x Panama will easily triple their size since the switch, when is flowered for the first time from seed. Please, keep us updated and we will try to help on the way.
Thank you for the quick reply, dubi!

Yeah i figured i'll run ZxKC separately after this run. Atleast it will probably feel like vacation after this Hon x Pan grow, if i read correctly between the lines... 😉

Based on your advice, I will try to get them as close to maturity as possible before the flipping to flower, while keeping the space restriction on mind. I now have them under 14/10 lights. Topping should slow them a bit, and then i will try to go as lateral as possible with the girls (pun was not intended) with some serious bondage. I am both scared and excited how this is going to unfold!

Cactus Squatter

Thank you for the quick reply, dubi!

Yeah i figured i'll run ZxKC separately after this run. Atleast it will probably feel like vacation after this Hon x Pan grow, if i read correctly between the lines... 😉

Based on your advice, I will try to get them as close to maturity as possible before the flipping to flower, while keeping the space restriction on mind. I now have them under 14/10 lights. Topping should slow them a bit, and then i will try to go as lateral as possible with the girls (pun was not intended) with some serious bondage. I am both scared and excited how this is going to unfold!
You’re gonna love running the HonPan. They’re amazing plants when it comes to vigor and effect. You won’t need to veg long at all indoors and you’ll still end up with a huge plant. Mine continued to stretch a while after flipping to 13/11.

johnnylawrence

Hi Dubi, I saw your discussion of low odor sativa strains in the Ethiopian Sativa thread. I started two Hon x Pan fem. One of them had a quite strong odor, and it had to be culled by two or three weeks of age. The other has always been low odor. I am looking to find other low odor phenos. Can you give an estimate (or guess) about the proportion of low odor individuals in the Hon x Pan cross, and also the parent lines - Panama and Honduras individually, as I am interested in exploring those also. I suspect the "stinky" odor in my culled Hon x Pan fem probably came from the Honduras side and the two stinky males used for breeding, but I am not sure. Thanks for any info. I will post a picture or two before harvest.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag johnnylawrence :) and thanks for supporting our work. Glad you are running 2 Honduras x Panama at the moment.
The strong smells come most probably from the Panama side. Panama can be quite smelly during the whole grow since it is a line that has been strongly selected for many years and generations to produce a high content of loud, appealing terpenes. On the other hand, Honduras is not so smelly Pure Honduras produces during flowering a veggie-geranium-foie grass type of smell in the room, not your typical indoor weed smell, although not so discreet for smells like pure Ethiopian or Oldtimer's Haze are.

johnnylawrence

Welcome to ICMag johnnylawrence :) and thanks for supporting our work. Glad you are running 2 Honduras x Panama at the moment.
The strong smells come most probably from the Panama side. Panama can be quite smelly during the whole grow since it is a line that has been strongly selected for many years and generations to produce a high content of loud, appealing terpenes. On the other hand, Honduras is not so smelly Pure Honduras produces during flowering a veggie-geranium-foie grass type of smell in the room, not your typical indoor weed smell, although not so discreet for smells like pure Ethiopian or Oldtimer's Haze are.
Thank you! I have read most of the Panama thread, and I came to the conclusion that there are plants of the green type and red type, and the green type of Panama probably doesn't smell as much. I actually just started two regular Panama seeds, so we'll see if I end up culling them or what happens. I don't mind a lemon scent. The other Hon x Pan I had smelled very skunky, which was the problem. If anyone else who has grown lots of Panama wants to chime in about the chances of finding lower-odor phenos, that would be appreciated, too. As an American, I'm not really familiar with the smell of foie grass. I did look it up. I'd say the Hon x Pan I have now smells like a garden center at a big store (Home Depot or Lowe's) after a rain on a warm, sunny afternoon. A mixture of organic, slightly-earthy smells from the different soils and floral/plant smells. But it is only halfway through flowering. I did detect a strong note of lemon about four or five days ago.

johnnylawrence

Here are a few pictures of my plant - fem Hon x Pan started on July 15, switched to 11/13 photoperiod on August 1, first pistils seen on August 20. I had some heat issues in the middle part of the screen related to an older LED fixture that contained some blue LEDs, but I have since defoliated some leaves to improve airflow and switched to a white-type LED fixture. The two bare bulbs are 70 watt CMH (3K). I may switch back to 4K color temperature (more blue) bulbs for the last couple of weeks. The screen is slightly under 3 feet by slightly under 2 feet (about 4.6 or 4.7 square feet total).

If Dubi or anyone can tell me what pheno they think I have, I'm hoping the plant is mature enough at this point to make that determination. It seems to me that it leans toward Honduras/Mexican characteristics, which is what I was hoping for, but I am no expert. It has purple stripes on many of the stems.

I am not stressing over it by any means, but since Dubi will likely see this, do you think I should give less or more nutrients?? The soil is FFOF in a 5 gallon nursery pot. I've been using some Jack's Classic veg and blossom booster (light doses) and am trying Fox Farm Big Bloom for the first time, also at moderate doses and on different days from the Jack's. Also lightly using Cal-Mag. I measure and adjust the pH of the mixture, but I'm not looking to get into EC measurements since I am in soil. I give plain pH adjusted water about every third watering. It is difficult to flush with this type of cabinet setup. I'm guessing I might want to give only Big Bloom from now on and alternate with plain water. I have to say I am really impressed with the plant. The pictures speak for themselves, taken yesterday at about 34 days since the first pistil or white hair was spotted. Smoking the dried leaves gives an energetic, uplifting effect that lasts a long time.
063.JPG

064.JPG

066.JPG

067.JPG
072.JPG
077.JPG

kaboom777

Veteran
Here are a few pictures of my plant - fem Hon x Pan started on July 15, switched to 11/13 photoperiod on August 1, first pistils seen on August 20. I had some heat issues in the middle part of the screen related to an older LED fixture that contained some blue LEDs, but I have since defoliated some leaves to improve airflow and switched to a white-type LED fixture. The two bare bulbs are 70 watt CMH (3K). I may switch back to 4K color temperature (more blue) bulbs for the last couple of weeks. The screen is slightly under 3 feet by slightly under 2 feet (about 4.6 or 4.7 square feet total).

If Dubi or anyone can tell me what pheno they think I have, I'm hoping the plant is mature enough at this point to make that determination. It seems to me that it leans toward Honduras/Mexican characteristics, which is what I was hoping for, but I am no expert. It has purple stripes on many of the stems.

I am not stressing over it by any means, but since Dubi will likely see this, do you think I should give less or more nutrients?? The soil is FFOF in a 5 gallon nursery pot. I've been using some Jack's Classic veg and blossom booster (light doses) and am trying Fox Farm Big Bloom for the first time, also at moderate doses and on different days from the Jack's. Also lightly using Cal-Mag. I measure and adjust the pH of the mixture, but I'm not looking to get into EC measurements since I am in soil. I give plain pH adjusted water about every third watering. It is difficult to flush with this type of cabinet setup. I'm guessing I might want to give only Big Bloom from now on and alternate with plain water. I have to say I am really impressed with the plant. The pictures speak for themselves, taken yesterday at about 34 days since the first pistil or white hair was spotted. Smoking the dried leaves gives an energetic, uplifting effect that lasts a long time.
View attachment 18761056
View attachment 18761057
View attachment 18761062
View attachment 18761063 View attachment 18761064 View attachment 18761065
I think she is hungry, half way in flower? Perfect time to push the bloom nutrients. But I don't know nothing so let's wait for the experts 😁

kaboom777

Veteran

View attachment 18761056
View attachment 18761057
View attachment 18761062
View attachment 18761063 View attachment 18761064 View attachment 18761065
Maybe If you move the light away a bit it can also help, I see that the farthest branches, the side branches seem to be fine.

johnnylawrence

Maybe If you move the light away a bit it can also help, I see that the farthest branches, the side branches seem to be fine.
I started out using a ~2018-model LED panel that has some solid blue LEDs in combination with 60 degree reflectors (outdated tech), and I'm pretty sure those are what did most of the damage, especially after the tops starting growing taller toward the light and more leaves blocked the airflow. I hadn't used that particular light in a few years and sort of forgot about its leaf-burning problem (I won't be bothering with it again). I switched the old LED panel for a new one that is 3K, 5K, 660nm, and a bit of infrared (no blue). The leaves toward the middle have been looking better since the switch. It's only about 100 watts so I'm not too concerned about keeping it far away from the tops, although I did start out with it a little higher and gradually lowered it. It's still at least 12 inches higher than most of the tops in the middle.