What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concrete vibrator water hash?

brown_thumb

I'm going to try the following procedure except I'll be freezing buds first, then grinding while hard frozen and keeping them hard frozen throughout the process. I won't be using a hash bag but will opt for a funnel and fine mesh for filtering. I'll use a different still setup to reclaim the Everclear... low temp and vacuum assisted.

"Cannabis extract using dry ice"

Last edited:

hash head

Can an ultrasonic cleaner work? If so How? Should it be used with a screen? Water? Ethanol? Limonene? Dry I've? Just dry? Harbor freight tools offers a cheap ultrasonic cleaner

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Can an ultrasonic cleaner work? If so How? Should it be used with a screen? Water? Ethanol? Limonene? Dry I've? Just dry? Harbor freight tools offers a cheap ultrasonic cleaner

If it works in a professional machine used by the pharmaceutical industry, then there is clearly scope for some adaptation and investigation of the tech

If you read their site, it says water can be used, no need for ice... "warm water extraction"

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
So you use a screen with the warm water? Thc isn't very water soluble..

I have not had the chance to look at their machine closely, but basically it is going to use screens, not try to dissolve it in water

I am imagining it to be like ice o lator, but using ultrasonics to separate resin from leaf, not iced water + agitation

It may well be that iced water also helps, I cannot see it hindering as it is a physical action, not a chemical reaction.

hash head

I have not had the chance to look at their machine closely, but basically it is going to use screens, not try to dissolve it in water

I am imagining it to be like ice o lator, but using ultrasonics to separate resin from leaf, not iced water + agitation

It may well be that iced water also helps, I cannot see it hindering as it is a physical action, not a chemical reaction.
The industrial one basically is a metal piston that you can put a container/beaker beneath... it vibrates ultrasonically.. vibrating anything in the beaker... this was the one German one for industrial cannabis processing... not sure how well it works.. probably could help somehow with solvents at low temperatures extracting completely.. the other type ultrasonic cleaner I was interested in is basically a metal pan that vibrates... so its the container itself that's shaking..

mobin

anyone ever hear of water curing....fresh wet goes into mineral free water and ionization takes place until equilibrium, drain repeat until water remains clear then air dry.

i remember this being a great way to produce a smooth and potent flower that had the flavor of herbal tea and smelled like paper burning.

ultrasonic w/ di to remove positive charged bullshit (ie chlorphyll, mineral deposits, salts)

ultrasonic water cured flowers in solvent, filter, and prosper.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Bought one of these:

picture.php

Useable 700ml solution. I have stainless mesh of 74 microns,
will run some process variations and take notes.

Main goal to get water hashish without the blender chop step.

Go from frozen trim to the machine, 30 minutes +/- process
time, then strain for product.

We'll see.

hash head

Bought one of these:

View Image

Useable 700ml solution. I have stainless mesh of 74 microns,
will run some process variations and take notes.

Main goal to get water hashish without the blender chop step.

Go from frozen trim to the machine, 30 minutes +/- process
time, then strain for product.

We'll see.
how you going to attach the screen?

Dropped Cat

Veteran
how you going to attach the screen?

The trial run will be just water and trim/buds
for fifteen minutes, then a cold rinse through
the 200 micron screen at my bench.

Final rinse over the 74 micron screen, then transferred
to the parchment paper to dry. Basically just using the devise
to separate the trichs from the plant material.

That's the low tech approach.

I believe running the ultrasonic with screens will be tricky,
but I will do a run with the two screens stacked inside the unit,
perhaps a 20mm space between the 200 and 74, like a sandwich.

Trichomes are heavier than water, I wonder.

The screens will be cut to size and fastened to a self fabricated
10mm wide 16 ga aluminum frame.

Think of each mesh sift layer as a miniature silkscreen frame.

I like to keep process simple, but it's not easy, lol

I'll post pics in one of my threads and link to this thread.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
just drop some bubble bag type screen bags in there with the trim in the 220 and a 73 bag on top of that, then dunk the whole thing in the running unit with the screen facing down, pull bags after how ever long and no filtering needed, the hash will already be collected in the 73. you just need screen bags not canvas bags with screen only at the bottom. then it should work great. you will be wasting all the smaller trich head s though unless you also use a 45 screen at some stage, with some weed the 45 is awesome, so best use both.

Dropped Cat

Veteran
just drop some bubble bag type screen bags in there with the trim in the 220 and a 73 bag on top of that, then dunk the whole thing in the running unit with the screen facing down, pull bags after how ever long and no filtering needed, the hash will already be collected in the 73. you just need screen bags not canvas bags with screen only at the bottom. then it should work great. you will be wasting all the smaller trich head s though unless you also use a 45 screen at some stage, with some weed the 45 is awesome, so best use both.

That's brilliant.

I have some small filter bags from when I brewed
tea for my organic grows, they 250 micron. I guess
I could get some silkscreen mesh for the 45 micron and
I'll be a happy camper.

So simple and elegant, just saved me some time,
which seems in such short supply these days.

Thank you very much.

PDX Dopesmoker

Has anyone seeking out vibration without agitation tried using club soda in lieu of water yet? Soda water can be chilled substantially below freezing.
Does Alka Seltzer tek exist yet?

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Has anyone seeking out vibration without agitation tried using club soda in lieu of water yet? Soda water can be chilled substantially below freezing.
Does Alka Seltzer tek exist yet?

I was thinking about this the other day, re salt water, or other things you can put in water to change it's properties around freezing temp...

Also enviously eying up Slush Puppy machines...