What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
Could be, but if it's getring worse for sure it isn't. Also, spots would be one thing, but you also have tissue necrosis. There is something that bothers them for sure. Water with just phed water and see what happens.

I need to wait for the soil to dry a bit..what u recomend?bottled or tap?i can manage the ph of the tap water with apple cider vinegar..
I notice if i turn down the light intensity to 3 sils, it doesnt get worse, or slower i mean, if i get the 4th light that i always had, i gets worse and faster.
The foliar could be to strong on nutes?well, maybe i will never know what went wrong to be better in the next grow.
Thank you explosiv and the others :friends:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Im working on the next low budget cab since the economicals are not good
Sizes 180cm height
55cm depth
45cm length
Yeah i know the size is preety skinny but i guess we work out with what we have..
It has a shelve i can put that i can put wherever i want for the pot or the lights or even to separate grows..the same old design you know..
Already drilled the exhaust hole..tomorrow im gonna drill the intake holes to repurpose the pipes of my micro grow..
Now im thinking how to protect the wood from the humidity..when i was young, i always wrap up my notebooks and books with that transparent sticky film, you know?that shit was hard as hell..would it work to stick on the walls?and then some refletive surface like panda film lookalike?or just paint it wait without anything else and then silicone?
I need to open a thread on growrooms and designs
See ya later

Last edited:

PCBuds

You could paint it with flat white kitchen and bathroom paint.

It's waterproof and you won't need the Panda Film.

Sampas92

Just newbin
You could paint it with flat white kitchen and bathroom paint.

It's waterproof and you won't need the Panda Film.

I thinked about that too..i think its the best way to go also..its really not wood, its compressed wood with a type o vinyl om top that its coming off kkkkk

PCBuds

I thinked about that too..i think its the best way to go also..its really not wood, its compressed wood with a type o vinyl om top that its coming off kkkkk

If it were me, I'd just peel off the loose stuff and paint it. If anything more comes loose after you paint it, the paint might crack and let moisture in.

Sampas92

Just newbin
If it were me, I'd just peel off the loose stuff and paint it. If anything more comes loose after you paint it, the paint might crack and let moisture in.

I dont mean to have thr cab forever, itd wood so humidity will always be problem, i just want it to last one grow minimum..maybe just fhe paint and get on with it kkkkk

PCBuds

I dont mean to have thr cab forever, itd wood so humidity will always be problem, i just want it to last one grow minimum..maybe just fhe paint and get on with it kkkkk

Yes!!!

But, the particle board sucks up water like a sponge, then expands and crumbles into sawdust.

Seal it good. Maybe 3 coats of paint, then you can spill water on it, just like in a bathroom.

Prep everything so that the paint sticks.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Yes!!!

But, the particle board sucks up water like a sponge, then expands and crumbles into sawdust.

Seal it good. Maybe 3 coats of paint, then you can spill water on it, just like in a bathroom.

Prep everything so that the paint sticks.
I need to engener it hard kkk

Sampas92

Just newbin
95% of a good paint job is what you do before you apply the paint.

I know, there is a good thread about it here on icmaghttps://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=197980, well i think its good, is on the stand by list, but the beggining looks promising..my micro cab is an old bathroom cabinet, so its prepared for humid environments..
What do you mean by typo?yes its a normal cabinet to put clothes with 3 doors, im gonna utilize one of them since i can isolate it from the rest of the cabinet
I need to analyse my options..a pvc cab would be nice too,but thats money i dont have..i need to start looking at dumpsters to see the gold in others garbage..lof of good furniture laying around for the less unfortunates, cultural thing here, maybe im the next lucky one

Sampas92

Just newbin
So the day report
Im gonna start by Jane today, why?it jumped from yesterday to today.
Todsy i didnt check on them on the morning, just in the afternoon and to my suprise she jumped quite a lot, the first pair is longer, new growth is developing, appears she is getting by what ever i may have do wrong.
Good colour, the paliness didnt get worse, i think she is better than before doin its thing
I did some calmag foliar with the bottled water regardless but i have tap water evaporating, ph was 6.8 to 7
picture.php

picture.php

Mary is worse..the point of the first pair is extremmely damaged, the colour is grey with some light amber, thats the colours i get under the lights, tomorrow ill see under natural light
Plus i noticed the tips burn and then curl the tip up, all of them are doing it, inputs?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also the new growth on top seems to have staled.
Still recovering.
Di foliar too..
Did not water today, the soil is humid, but i notice the pot is dryer around each plant, in a diameter of 15cm +/- and in the middle of the pot the soil is more moist, can this indicate root development and being noticeable because of the low profile pot?
Just rambling

Sampas92

Just newbin
picture.php

They are 11 days appart, and the older one was staled for the first 3 days of life.
The younger one stunted for one, yesterday.
The temp and rh reading om the hygro in the picture are off, door open.
I want to fastfoward eleven days :shucks:
See ya later guys and thank for the help and wisdom
Peace

PCBuds

What do you mean by typo?yes its a normal cabinet to put clothes with 3 doors, im gonna utilize one of them since i can isolate it from the rest of the cabinet.

A typo is a mistake with typing.

1.80 cm is 3/4"
180 cm is 6' tall.

6' is awesome!!

She can grow as big as she wants.

I thought you were stuffing a plant into a tiny little shelf.

PCBuds

If you start a new seed in an un-nuted substrate, you can compare it to the others for reference.

PCBuds

I need to analyse my options..a pvc cab would be nice too,but thats money i dont have..i need to start looking at dumpsters to see the gold in others garbage..lof of good furniture laying around for the less unfortunates, cultural thing here, maybe im the next lucky one

What I like about Autoflowers, is that the cabinet doesn't need to be light proof.
I tried to light proof my closet and it was a PITA.
My closet doesn't have a door and I use the backside of the door to the room as the door to my closet and it doesn't fit square.

I grew two photoperiod plants in there and they both hermed on me.

I don't have to light proof my air intake and output so the closet can ventilate by convection. I don't have to depend on a blower for ventilation so it's a lot more failsafe and simple.

I can have an equipment or power failure and it doesn't matter.
My timer just recently screwed up and the lights were on for days, but it didn't matter.

I know that Autoflowers are for beginners and are unreliable but I don't care.
They are just so easy to grow.

PCBuds

Im working on the next low budget cab since the economicals are not good
Sizes 1.80cm height
55cm depth
45cm length
Yeah i know the size is preety skinny but i guess we work out with what we have..

My closet is 53cm X 53cm and it is working fine for me.

It didn't work too well when I put SILs on the walls though because the bulbs were too big and I had to leave the globes on.

That's why I ended up buying LED strips. They are really thin and don't get in the way.

I would have stayed with the SILs otherwise.
SILs are cheaper and easier and it's so convenient to swap bulbs to try different colors or replace them with newer technology.

There are SILs now with 160 lm/Watt.

My strips are only 120 lm/Watt.
Oh well, they are working great and should be good enough for at least a few years.

PCBuds

I think it was you that said that you don't have a TDS/PPM meter. (but I can't find the post.)

This is what I've got.
It's a cheapie and isn't 100% accurate but it does read 0 in distilled water.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Yes it was me, thanks for the sugestion on the ppm meter, iv been looking in aliexpress and they are cheap also a lot of variety..
Thanks for telling me about the typo thing, yes is 180cm tall, i already corrected it, thanks..
I want my cab to be lightproof, in the future i want to grow photoperiods.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Im thinking on getting some pvc pipes, make a closed tent with panda film copy and put it inside the cab.. i think that way the cab isolate the grow in some way if i leave an air gap between the panda film and the walls of the cab, and the grow isolates the cab from the humidity that otherwise would destroy it..
Need to research about it.
See ya later guys