What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
OK, as promised, restricted quad male with 1 litre of milk bottle for size reference
picture.php

Behind him is the quad female that turned tri, also size restricted, but not as much, both next to the main girls
picture.php

Side shot of the girl by the door next to them
picture.php

Here is the black ghash girl at the back
picture.php

And here's the middle girl in between the 2 just shown.
picture.php

Its getting cramped in there

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick male update: the black ghash male, having done his job, had been laid to rest.
The tri bruised nuts fella is about to join him, but thought I'd do a couple of pics:
Main stem:
picture.php

Top pollen sacks,
picture.php

And that's the last anyone will see of him.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Now the more interesting quad chap.
Head and shoulders shot
picture.php

What's really interesting about this guy, are his branches. He has a couple of tri branches, and one I don't know what's going on with. Take a look.
Tri branches
picture.php

picture.php

And one that looks like he's going to become fasciated.
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah all photos in the last post are the same plant. My pride and joy right now. My male quad whose pollen will bare many offspring. I'm also going to take a cut or two from him tomorrow to back cross some of his offspring to. Of course that means rooting and reveging them. So there will be other grows before I get to that one.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick update on the 3 big girls
Front BN back black ghash
picture.php

Back, same black ghash, middle another BN
picture.php

All 3 trying to claim their space
picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yeah all photos in the last post are the same plant. My pride and joy right now. My male quad whose pollen will bare many offspring. I'm also going to take a cut or two from him tomorrow to back cross some of his offspring to. Of course that means rooting and reveging them. So there will be other grows before I get to that one.

Sounds like a good plan. :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm going to need an old account name for that to make sense
Or at least a code phrase ?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
For the record, the black ghash was pollinated with black ghash pollen. I haven't crossed them, just inbred them.

Only my bruised nuts have been hit with bruised nuts pollen

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Still struggling with white balance on most shots, here's what I got just now. Not much change on 4 days ago, but now getting a few hours of 600w a day a few of 450 and a few 300w. I do love the ability to alter the wattge with led. Unthinkable with HPS tech.

Front
picture.php

Back
picture.php

All together now
picture.php

Wish ic had higher resolution images, oh well, you get the gist.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pretty sure the forum albums are 1200x1200 max size,you can sort of cheat that by using cut and paste but it really slows down load time...possibly when the software upgrade happens they will allow higher rez...

and sure you can dim hps...most digital ballast allow that,use something like a gavita controller and you can dim a 1000w bulb down to 600w and i think a bit lower

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh I had no idea you could dim HPS. I've seen switchable, but they needed separate bulbs.
With my LEDs though I can go from 15w to 600w and anywhere in between .
I think that 1200*1200 is for paid up members only isn't it? I'm a cheap skate, I think I'm on the porper's plan. Either way, its hard for me to tell how they will look, post upload, pre upload. Sometimes in happy, sometimes I'm not. I wasn't when I looked at the last post, so I put a disclaimer into it. Shift the blame for the poor quality. I know, a bad workman ......... And all that.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The switchable ballasts do state to swap lamps but on the whole people don't. I have had 6s running on 250 many times. They even striked up at 250 though I wouldn't rely on that happening every day.

This runs the lamp cooler so some spectrum shift is to be expected. I'm not sure I noticed and didn't compare.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh I had no idea you could dim HPS. I've seen switchable, but they needed separate bulbs.
With my LEDs though I can go from 15w to 600w and anywhere in between .
I think that 1200*1200 is for paid up members only isn't it? I'm a cheap skate, I think I'm on the porper's plan. Either way, its hard for me to tell how they will look, post upload, pre upload. Sometimes in happy, sometimes I'm not. I wasn't when I looked at the last post, so I put a disclaimer into it. Shift the blame for the poor quality. I know, a bad workman ......... And all that.

ah yeah,i hadn't remembered that part,i do have a million pic album so i never really think much about it...

and for sure i have clearly embraced led lighting,i'm only using the gavitas because i need the heat for the winter...aside from some 125w cfls the rest of the garden is all led now,and the cfls will get replaced soon enough...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm running my lights 3pm to 3am, central heating comes on at 6 but most nights I just can't wait it out. I'm not going to go back to the old 400hps
I liked the winter warmth, but I'm used to led silence now. I love it. I might get a tube heater for Feb (our coldest month). But I really need a tent before that. I'm using 2 old wardrobes pushed together, and one of them has developed a serious lean. Then there's Xmas, so these things get pushed to the bottom of the list.

picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I'm running my lights 3pm to 3am, central heating comes on at 6 but most nights I just can't wait it out. I'm not going to go back to the old 400hps
I liked the winter warmth, but I'm used to led silence now. I love it. I might get a tube heater for Feb (our coldest month). But I really need a tent before that. I'm using 2 old wardrobes pushed together, and one of them has developed a serious lean. Then there's Xmas, so these things get pushed to the bottom of the list.

View Image

You might need a 2x4ft grow tent for next grow. :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I absolutely do, Xmas is coming though, so some things have to wait, there's an 8 year old to buy for. If only Santa paid for the presents he brings lol.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I do kinda miss the noise of an HID grow starting up. I once wired up sequential contactors, such that one turned on the next. It sounded like finger nails on a wash board. Accompanied by the 'boing' of flexing metal boxes and the groaning that damped down but was always present. The occasional zing of a lamp that just refused to stop rattling about.

LED's are boring. They lack the drama. It's just 'click' and they're on. It's a very cold experience.

I have seen peoples clothes stick to HID lamps. Lamps explode when sprayed. Ballasts smoking. Plugs melting. I have even been woken by a call of a fire in progress. Arriving to thick black smoke coming out the house because the service intake cable was pretending to be a sparkler. Literally getting shorter as it spat and popped. You just don't get that level of excitement with LED's