What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

jd4083

Veteran
I would say that it's like talking to a brick wall but that might be denigrating to the more ambitious brick walls out there.

shithawk420

Veteran
If people are gonna boycott aluminum grinders they better stop drinking out of aluminum cans cuase I guarantee you there's a better health risk from that than any grinder can produce.unless its made of lead.lol

Apache Kush

Scissors work great too all. You can chop flowers to a fine fluffy consistency, put them in a small cup and chop away, I use a fancy crystal candle holder from the china cabinet because it looks cool and does the job

You can control how big or small better, if your not trying to gobble bud all at once
you can also really pulverizes buds to kiefy tiny pieces or mediums pieces, depends on how dry my two cents...

The only feature that grinders have that I need is the Keif Collector parts on the bottom
but I have seen do it yourself keif collectors and need to make one for a rainy day keif session hehe

I am going to be more cautious now around others AL' grinders
and cheap bad plastics ones that off gas.. yuck
everyone chill and try and stay on topic up in hurr'

ay it ain't so. lol

Their are many factors at play in the environment. A build up in the system. Aluminum metal is found is many things. Nothing to worry about really. This is all just interesting.

Drinking from soda cans plus having it in food or drinking water in tiny amounts does add up over time when exposed. Cannabis has found to fight alzheimers or at least decline it's growth in the brain by being used daily over time all your life. Scientist could isolate the compound that fights this and make a strain just for this, enhanced.

I know there is minimal aluminum that ends up in the ground bud, its easy to tell through observation that the grinders do not lose much material, if any at all. Aluminum is soft and cannabis is even softer.

My main concerns are grinders that have been anodized. Anodized coatings are not safe to be on, in or around the food you eat or worse, the weed you smoke.

I have zero doubt that most commercial grinders are not safe. Id rather cut my herb up with some scissors anyway.

bobblehead

Veteran
Thank you Dan the man.

But the science has been held back and covered up concerning the cannabis plant.

Are you sure all smoke is carcinogenic? I am not so sure about that concerning the cannabis plant. We burn the buds, not the stems and seeds and leaves. Though we do burn the leaves to a degree but it contains oils in it also.

Sure you are burning all those elements you listed. When you clip off a un dried chlorophyll bud dried in a dehydrator. When cannabis is done properly these elements evaporate and convert into other organic compounds. The only reason you have all that in your buds is because of the fertilizer you been using. Organic chicken shit with farm raised soil in an organic controlled environment does not do this.

It's not THC but THCA or whatever it's called. Anti fungal compound that shrinks tumors. Honey Oil as we all know. The oil can be vaped also.

Their is a lot of compounds, SeaF0ur knows.

Pseudoscience: Huh? I am spouting hypothesis based on science. I don't deal with placebo's. How do you think science started, on theories. The earth is flat, tomato plants will kill you, the earth is 6,000 years old. haha

Your claims are not factual and your spelling is atrocious.

The difference between tobacco smoke and cannabis smoke are the hydrocarbons. All smoke is carcinogenic.

Whether or not smoking cannabis can lead to cancer, smoking cannabis can lead to COPD which can build up to a long excruciating death.

You're clearly not a health professional or any sort of scientist.

JRace

For cripes sake ALUMINUM DOES NOT CAUSE ALZHEIMERS

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=102
Aluminium – Very low levels of many metals are present in the brain. Aluminium is a toxic metal that is common in our everyday environment. Small amounts of it are found in water and food. Although initial studies linked aluminium toxicity with Alzheimer's disease, the link has not been proven despite continuing investigation. Importantly, there is no evidence to suggest that aluminium exposure increases your risk of dementia.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/guide/controversial-claims-risk-factors
One of the most publicized and controversial theories concerns aluminum, which became a suspect in Alzheimer's disease when researchers found traces of this metal in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. Many studies since then have either not been able to confirm this finding or have had questionable results.

http://m.alz.org/myths.asp
Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer's disease.

Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer's. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer's. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.

Shall i go on?

Been using a sweetleaf for 7 years, 1 week.

...so nobody has any experience with the 420 diamond grinder....!?

I think the guy in the second post was referring to diamond grind (brand??) I had a really really tiny one years ago. I bought as a joke to be a hipster. It was really soft aluminum that is not good. If it is a a spin off of that company, I would say stay away. It doesn't look like a bad grinder to me personally.

I personally cant wait till someone machines one out of bullet resistant plastic. It would be fitting and all with the make my day law....:shooty: News flash.... CO man life get saved by grinder in home invasion.

haakoid

I think the guy in the second post was referring to diamond grind (brand??) I had a really really tiny one years ago. I bought as a joke to be a hipster. It was really soft aluminum that is not good. If it is a a spin off of that company, I would say stay away. It doesn't look like a bad grinder to me personally.

I personally cant wait till someone machines one out of bullet resistant plastic. It would be fitting and all with the make my day law....:shooty: News flash.... CO man life get saved by grinder in home invasion.
:laughing: Excellent!

Latest posts

Latest posts