What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 in North Dakota

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello America!
Legalization is back on the ballot. Our medical program is still a joke 4 years later. No doctors will give a prescription. The one doctor that will. Has to be your main medical provider and can't accept Blue Cross, Blue Shield insurance. You have to pay all your bills in cash. He was dropped by North Dakota insurance companies. The cannabis being sold in the dispensaries costs more than the already outrageous Bakken oil gouging prices.

Our growers are out of State lobbyists. The dispensaries are all the same company. Also owned by out of State interests. The State is only getting taxes from one sale. There is no doubt cash is being moved around under the table to a few legislators.

Our medical patients are having to build their own internet connections for cannabis products. God bless the kind people sending quality cannabis to North Dakota medical patients. Certainly the recreational users are forging ahead as our greedy politicians emasculate themselves.

North Dakota, mom and pop grow operations are how the State will have the best quality and highest tax returns from this industry. Please get over your prideful control and greed. Enforce that anyone not growing organically is dealt with an iron fist. Sales at our senior centers can be easily supervised. All our communities have senior centers that need the extra business. Our State has thousands of senior citizens that know more about growing plants than anyone in the country.
Peace. Farmerlion :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Ok, not that it pertains to our passion here. North Dakota has made some decent progress in the hemp farming program. If the percentages for THC were raised slightly. Home growers could legally grow CBD cannabis. 1% THC would really open up the world for medical patients. It's nothing that kids or recreational users are going to be interested in. The benefits for patients would be huge. While the best medical strains have a little higher THC than 1%. It would be a great start for home growers.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello, for anyone who stumbles into this State thread. Please keep your social distance and be kind, loving ,patient and forgiving.
Peace farmerlion

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Hello, for anyone who stumbles into this State thread. Please keep your social distance and be kind, loving ,patient and forgiving.
Peace farmerlion

:tiphat: You too.

Due to Covid-19 the legalization movement here is stunted yet again because we can't go door to door to collect the number of signatures needed to get on the ballot.

That and the only dispensary in Fargo is currently shut down.

Great job politicians! /s

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Catman, we should be able to vote regardless on the measure. In a way it's a blessing. This Measure is so poorly written. It would take a decade or more to fix it.
The spineless fools that wrote out home growing are doing the people of this State a great injustice. Our dispensaries are charging over $8,000 a pound just for flowers. This has to be stopped.

Their CBD strains aren't as good as what I have available. With a legal grow Operation, I could cover all expenses and make money at $4,000 a pound. Medical patients don't need to be gouged like this for low quality high quantity products.

The recreational community will fair no better. Without private growers there isn't the checks and balances needed for a free and open market. Without a free market there will never be competitive pricing based on quality.

Peace brother, farmerlion

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
hopefully this is a step in the right direction and you guys can iron out the wrinkles and get a quality / affordable med scene going
/whats it like in n.dakota as far as popular sentiment? are people there pro weed?
medicinal use is always the first step towards full legalization so in the end it does help out the rec users as well so everyone should be voting on this

best of luck brother and stay safe

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
pop rocks, thanks for stopping by. Yes there is very good support for legalization. There's just much deeper pockets from pharmaceutical companies to keep it illegal. The cannabis industry has a great undertow of monopolizing everything.
Cutting out the mom and pop business models. Building up local economies and tax bases is touted by all politicians. Now when they have the opportunity through cannabis. It quickly turns into greed and let's prosecute our competition.

Peace brother. farmerlion

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
there seems to be this evolution from med to full on rec; at least now you could say its medicine if caught
(just wondering, what do the cops do if they catch you with a joint in n.dakota)
you are right about the monopoly the gov creates; between overhead and permits its hard for a small business/ m&p to get off the ground
were all in this together brother and hope you are doing well

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
My daughter and her boyfriend at the time were both arrested for a single joint in the ashtray. She was later released when he claimed that the joint was his.

Thanks for stopping in poprocks.
Peace

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
good on her boyfriend for stepping up and taking the heat, but that sucks about them getting busted
we should be past the age when you go to jail over a joint

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Covid19 derailed the legalization campaign. That's not a bad thing. The group putting it together did a terrible job. There's no provision for home growers at all. They went from one extreme to the other. Like they were seeking approval from the State. Did we emasculate it enough?
I like the initiative they have,but use your heads. I feel getting the credit for legalization is more important to them than a good working system.

Prison sex is sex, but is it really what you want???

Take a deep breath people. Don't bend over and grab your ankles now.
Peace farmerlion

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
sometimes its better to get it right the first time than settle for second best
once a system is in place, it can be really hard to change things
/especially once the money makers start cashing in, they will fight any change
being able to grow your own is essential to any real legalization
maybe you cant legally sell your own home grown, but you should be able to provide for yourself
keep fight the good fight brother!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Good morning North Dakota

Good morning North Dakota

I hope you are all doing well. Here is a few pictures of what's growing.

This is a Grape phenotype of Highland Nepalese.

Two Blood Rose plants sharing a 45 gallon bag.

A beautiful Purple Satellite.

Here is a peek in the door. As usual everything gets donated to cancer and chronic pain sufferers.
Peace farmerlion

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
very nice plants brother and love the purple stems
those blood rose plants look especially nice, when you cut the stem do the have a red sap?

keep up the good work my friend!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Pop rocks, I'm pretty sure they don't. One of the parental donors is Heath Robinson's Black Rose. They wanted to keep part of the name. They will make your eyes red. lol
Peace brother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Today was cooler but not by much. 100 to 120 with a lot of air movement. About 15 gallons of water a day right now. These bags are really helping. Down about 10 gallons of water per day.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

Did you get grow bags, and the plastic came with them? Or did you wrap them later? Are the bottoms open to drain?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Nannymouse, the bottoms are open. The self pruning bags lose so much moisture on their own. I was trying different things to improve my environment. Now I can have a lighter soil with water retention.
Peace farmerlion