What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with dosing for cancer.

DarkKaya

TLDR: The real question is how much bud does she need to produce 20mg of oil a day for one month? or more realistic one batch of oil that will give 20mg a day for one month (1teaspoon = 5ml)
Thx

Hi all a bit of bkground a close friend has a second bout of cancer, he has private health care, else he would have gone 10 yrs ago. This time his consultant has told him the only complimentary therapy he would recommend is cannabis oil, but he (the doc) "can't" prescribe it. So my mates daughter has being all over this and has joined a "underground" treatment group, this is a fine group but basically it's cancer group who have no experience scoring, smoking or growing and comes out of European countries that have legal oil.

Of course I'll help them as much as I can.

The first problem I need dosing advice, we made up some coconut oil with around 5mg thc/cbd per ml. His daughter is very good at research and will lead this. But she is thinking she wants 3oz of ethanol iso oil a month... This sounds like a lot esp when she told me my mate should not be getting high of this dose...? Oh he'll be toasted 24/7 I said, are you sure she said, nearly a zip of high grade oil a week, oh yes he'll be toasted..

But from what we figured out the highest dose is 16mg active compounds per day.

The real question is how much bud does she need to produce 20mg of oil a day for one month?

Any thoughts would be good, but I'm not treading other toes with treatment / care pathways. I just want to help a friend.

Peace all.

S

sourpuss

what is he after getting? thc or cbd? or both? im no doc or even close. there r products like cbd distilate, 100 percent cbd. if you dont wanna be toasted or whomever is taking it. obviously getting it may be hard for you. also how r you going to determine the quality of the product you receive if not from a regulated source?? how many countries is this available in a pharma grade product? i have no idea...

lots of time will go by to grow process and test

I wood

20mgs a day for a month is less than a quarter ounce.

20mgs x 30days = 600 mgs, or .6 grams.
Rso yield from buds is about 15 % in my experience.
About a gram per quarter ounce.

That does seem like a low dose given the situation.
20-30 mgs a day is what I consume for mild pain control.

DarkKaya

Thanks for the replies.

The Rso yield sounds closer to what I expected, thx.

It seems a combo of cbd and thc is called for about 20% thc and 12% CBD

This is based in the groups care protocols but the groups research and peers are solid, I know nothing of the group and I'm not going down the recommendations route, hell if they want 3oz of oil a month I'll help them to achieve that. If they want 3 oz of medical grade oil from a specific strain then they need to start composting ASAP, or start importing themselves! They don't have issues about growing if needed, but knowing the volume of bud to oil is crucial to the path they take regarding supply really.

The situ is fluid regarding the options. Now I thought 15mg a day is a low but the care plan escalates dosage over three months I think. Remember that this is not my side of the deal. I'm coming out of retirement as out where to mentor the famliy on the weed side. I obviously need to dosage before I can narrow down the options for them achieving this, the circle I'm in have volunteered a pot or two to grow out a plant but it'd be irregular.

Anyway thanks for replying I'll get back once I've read a copy of this care plan document.

BudToaster

Veteran
the standard RSO dosage is 1 gm per day for 90 days. It should be THC, not CBD - you know the dosage is effective if you get high. Start with 250mg per day and work up to 1000mg per day. so, yes, he will be buzzed ... definitely helps with the mental thing of dealing with cancer.

there are threads about this on this forum.

i just went through this with my gf in April & May. i was getting about 8% yield from the mids i had access to ... i think 10% to 12% would be possible, but not from my supplier. So you need 90grams of RSO, so 2 lbs with 10% extraction/recovery.

Farm Hero

Perfectly stated BudToaster!

I have been reading some folks are doing double and even triple the amounts of oil to what Rick Simpson recommends. I guess if you have it available and can handle it go for it.