What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People do not die from cannabis use!

herbgreen

Veteran
Cannabis reduces bloodpressure as far as I can tell

Its a vaso-dilator opens arties and ...thus the red eyes

Vasodilation refers to the widening of blood vessels. It results from relaxation of smooth muscle cells within the vessel walls, in particular in the large veins (called venodilators), large arteries, and smaller arterioles. The process is the opposite of vasoconstriction, which is the narrowing of blood vessels.

3x more likely....I saw that ad its messed up

If this was true it would be known by now and repeated over and over like it kills your brain and makes you crazy and turns you into a raddish ect

Its over.people are dabbing huge hits ....They did not die....They carry on perfectly

Try that with tobbacco concentrate or booze...These are LEGAL gettem at the gas station LOL

I've been reading a lot of stories lately about people dying cus they smoke weed. This one person says smoke weed once and you're gonna have 3x higher chances of dying from cardiovascular problems or some shit like that. Now let me ask is this all bullshit, like the psa commercials from my childhood? I've been smoking weed for probably 10 years now high blood pressure runs in my family I'm out of shape as fuck but my blood pressure is and has always been in the normal range or good. Today I read this article that said this 20 something guy from new jersey was found dead on his bedroom door. He died of a heart arythmnia and the medical examiner said he could no way associate marijuana with his death, he couldn't say weed killed him. His parents found 2 different medical jars in his room with one saying 28% n the other 24%. They're on the war path saying weed killed him n all but he had family history of arythmnia n idk just babbling like I do. I got this nice purple stuff from my cousin n it really makes me talk n think. I like it a lot haha but let me ask your opinions on it did I think it's all phewy.

Those parents are retards and should be locked up for being so stupid they could harm society.

Its like this with opiates too. A few clowns die so the rest of us get cut off and suffer in pain. A few tards ruin it for the rest.

Weed hasnt hurt anyone. Go ask stoned40yrs if hes dead last time i checked hes been smoking dope since 1965... thats probably twice as long as half the forum members have been alive.

The shit wont hurt ya

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tell me.... what medical cannabis state lists cannabis in order to decrease cardiovascular disease as a classification to get a MMJ card? If any medical cannabis state shows cannabis to be helpful in coronary disease, I'd sure like to know to satisfy my curiosity.

None that I know of; marijuana seems to have a wide range of effects on people and can be quite different for each individual. Many regular smokers report feeling relaxed, high, happy, and peaceful, along with sleepiness and "the munchies' — extreme thirst and hunger.

However, depending on strain/strength/frequency numerous other people report feeling depressed, anxious, and paranoid, along with a number of physical symptoms including tremors and breathing irregularities.

Scientists believe smoking marijuana puts a strain on your heart although are not sure whether it is the active ingredient tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) itself or other substances within the inhaled smoke, such as carbon monoxide and burnt plant particles, that have negative effects on the heart.

Previous studies have shown marijuana causes increased heart rate, fluctuations in blood pressure, and a decreased ability for the blood to carry oxygen. The heart is both working harder and getting less oxygen, a situation that increases heart attack risk.

Marijuana could also trigger a heart attack by disrupting the cholesterol plaques that line the blood vessels of people with artery disease. If pieces of plaque break off they can clog the vessels that carry oxygen to the heart and ultimately cause a heart attack.

While further research is required to definitively determine the impact of marijuana on cardiovascular disease, it is reasonable to recommend against recreational marijuana use, especially in individuals with a history of coronary artery disorders.

Sources:
Harvard Medical
American College of Cardiology
National Institute of Biotechnology
Georgia State university....many scholarly articles out there.

ALL drugs have potential harmful effects. Caffeine...good and bad. Rx drugs not taken properly...the list goes on.

Too, probably same number of studies, maybe more, that show cannabis does dilate vessels, etc. And, too, it depends on the transport mechanism...smoking, dabbing, edibles, tinctures. Too many variables to consider.

I know the states I've lived in that have MMJ....coronary disease is not listed. Curious if certain states do allow cannabis. Going on Medical Marijuana Doctor website....they'll show toe nail fungus (onychomycosis as a " possibility"). Betting it's not a condition Dept. of Health approves cannabis.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/qualifying-conditions-for-medical-marijuana-by-state

Clicked on numerous states...haven't come up with cardiac/coronary for treatable conditions.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I’m pretty sure anything consumed by “smoking” is considered bad in the eyes of the medical community.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I’m pretty sure anything consumed by “smoking” is considered bad in the eyes of the medical community.

only because of the other byproducts in the smoke. DRs will ALL tell you that smoking/vaping is the fastest way to get it into your system.

Betterhaff

Veteran
@ Jellyfish. It was just a comment about smoking anything in general. I’ve seen reports to the contrary, that smoking cannabis may have beneficial effects due to properties of the cannabinoids.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
@ Jellyfish. It was just a comment about smoking anything in general. I’ve seen reports to the contrary, that smoking cannabis may have beneficial effects due to properties of the cannabinoids.

me too. have read reports about research showing that people that smoked both tobacco AND weed having lower rates of lung cancer than cig smokers only. hmmmmm...:thinking:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran

I wasn't disagreeing with YOU, my friend. I was disagreeing with the medical community. They associate cannabis smoking (which they know nothing about usually) with tobacco smoking, and give their opinions as facts.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Over 20 years ago I heard of a customs agent in the UK dying from cannabis.

He was helping to unload a ton of confiscated hashish, and it fell off the forklift onto his head.

So yeah, cannabis can kill.....if a ton of it falls on your head.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
they said the same thing about schizophrenia, that pot smoke caused it

NOW science says that reality is people with latent schizophrenia are more likely to smoke because of the latent disease

so the question becomes how many people who have cardiovascular stress and heart conditions smoke because stress physically pains them?

How many people who smoke pot smoke cigarettes? what part of the population with 3x the amount of disease also led poor lifestyles potentially before they found weed?

Remember weed is a medicine but you need to use it with that intent and then allow the benefit you get from it to address other facets of lifestyle for optimal health

Smoke in and of itself will not heal you from continued bad lifestyle choices

There was an article linking cannabis and hypertension, which is bullshit, because people who are stressed are more likely to have hypertension and more likely to self-medicate with cannabis. Its the exact same bullshit logic from the "gateway drug" argument, falsely equating correlation with causation.

That said the biggest misunderstanding on both sides of the debate is that cannabinoid profiles are so different between one bag and another. I have smoked two different phenos of the same sativa strain line, the effect of one was happy energetic creative get-things-done party-mode, the effect of the other was racing thoughts paranoia and psychosis, two complete polar opposites. So its not always medicine and there are dangers out there, people just don't know that one experience doesn't apply to all.

Galaxy420

I've been reading a lot of stories lately about people dying cus they smoke weed. This one person says smoke weed once and you're gonna have 3x higher chances of dying from cardiovascular problems or some shit like that. Now let me ask is this all bullshit, like the psa commercials from my childhood? I've been smoking weed for probably 10 years now high blood pressure runs in my family I'm out of shape as fuck but my blood pressure is and has always been in the normal range or good. Today I read this article that said this 20 something guy from new jersey was found dead on his bedroom door. He died of a heart arythmnia and the medical examiner said he could no way associate marijuana with his death, he couldn't say weed killed him. His parents found 2 different medical jars in his room with one saying 28% n the other 24%. They're on the war path saying weed killed him n all but he had family history of arythmnia n idk just babbling like I do. I got this nice purple stuff from my cousin n it really makes me talk n think. I like it a lot haha but let me ask your opinions on it did I think it's all phewy.

look into Dr Donald Tashkin... He's the leading authority on smoked cannabis and was funded through national institute of health ( NIH) to research smoked cannabis... he found that smoked cannabis increased pulmonary function! because mainly th ecannabinoids present in smoked cannabis are anti-inflammatory and increase bronco dilation

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
And on the other hand, I just read a report in the media which said Cannabis protects against heart attacks and strokes by relaxing the blood vessels. Smoke em while you got em.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
herb can be gr8 used in the proper way. I see ari's point. smoking does have other chemical reactions so prolyy not on mmj list of conditions treat heart. doc once told me u only reap 15% of endcanns smoking and better to vape or eat or use in alcohol or glyc tinctr for best results 80% endcann or more.

redlaser

Veteran
A guy in Brazil died from crashing into a tree fleeing a roadblock, and the 1,000 lbs of pot in the back of his SUV came forward crushing him. There are pics if you google it, on the daily mail at least.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
A reminder: the thread is about cannabis...

It is not about big pharma, it is not about cigarettes or tobacco.

Off topic posts will be and have been deleted.

St. Phatty

But how many have died from Cannabis Legal Abuse ? (the WoD)

1000's

Cannabis is so safe they kind of have to look for Make-work problems.

Personally, I'm big on dust control in factories.

I hope the new American hemp industry gives all their workers dust-free

but not smoke free :woohoo:

workplaces.