What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the likelihood of being mugged in the weed business?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
If one approaches this industry with the idea of "not IF...but WHEN", then constant awareness will go far. Be aware of who you do biz with....be aware of the "exits"...be aware that not everyone is "honest" or "will do the right thing"...beware of the fool that asks too many questions...beware of the person that "all of a sudden becomes your best friend"...just beware.

In my prior life...let's just say carrying iron was part of the game; everyone carried--and were not afraid to use em. But we are not in the 70s now...this is a completely different era--but the same fools play the game (nothing but the date has changed--imho).

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Don't brag like the dumbass did from Norcal, in Oaktown, outside the dispo, about the 30 p's in the car. Then be sure not to look as you are followed 4 hours back home. To be tortured in awful ways I will not detail - in front of your family, ultimately giving up that huge pile of hundys in the backyard. As well as some body parts. Just one of many Rural legends / facts / rumours that occur in kookoolandia norCal.

JointOperation

really depends on how big of an operation you run.. how much your dealing with.. and who u deal with..

my circles small . and i keep it that way.. i have like 10 medical patients that are regulars.. and 5 non medicals that are close friends from the past 10-15 years. so its like no1 wants to fuck up a good thing.. if i was charging them crazy prices.. i could see them getting pissed.. but iuno about getting robbed or killed lol...

maybe if your a craigslist dealer.. or just saying yes to every single person who calls or something.

JointOperation

If one approaches this industry with the idea of "not IF...but WHEN", then constant awareness will go far. Be aware of who you do biz with....be aware of the "exits"...be aware that not everyone is "honest" or "will do the right thing"...beware of the fool that asks too many questions...beware of the person that "all of a sudden becomes your best friend"...just beware.

said perfectly lol. it will happen if you let it.. prettty much.. if you keep your shit underwraps.. and your always having to go (REUP) LOL.. and all that. no1 wants to rob someone who they dont know if he has or not. but if your like yo i got 10 pounds to get rid of any takers? lol ull get a gun stuffed in ur face.. and maybe killed for sure lol..

gotta be able to read people.. and shit. i dont bring anything with me to a new person meeting. lol never. and usually i dont even meet people unless a customer i trust.. has been grabbin for a friend.. and that friend wants to not deal with a middleman anymore.. then maybe.. lol

S

sourpuss

Gotta use your common sense. Prob will never happen the first time you deliver to a customer. Think like the mugger. They will scope you. They will question you. They will act like your best friend.. ^^.... u gotta feel the guy out. Scope his place. Hows he livin? Is it krft dinner and baloney? Or steak and caviar? Is he hard up for 50 bucks? Slit his mommas throat for a dollar type guy...

Alway be wary of a big increase in volume. From an oz a week and now he wants a pound. What gives? Your about to get jacked....

I've always been a personal grower. I've been robbed at gunpoint by close friends and robbed on the street by strangers, both in connection with this industry.

Getting robbed is going to happen. Getting arrested is going to happen. Getting beaten, shot, or stabbed along with it is also most likely to happen. There are no good ways around it besides staying out of the industry. Like momma always said, if you play in the dirt you get dirty.

If you're paranoid as FUCK then you can usually do what you do for a lot longer than the people who are careless. With a few exceptions, of course. One of my friends from a past life had sold everything since he moved out at 13 and was touched by Lady Luck, I swear. He'd stand out front of the local gas station hollering "GETCHER SCHOOMS HERE!" And didn't get caught. Least, not till he shot up a bunch of H and attacked a random stranger with a shovel... Like I said, past life...

stasis

Veteran
Ah, the Cannabis industry. Just a bunch of Well-Meaning happy Hippies, with long-haired girls singing and trimming solid buds topless, dancing in the sun at break time, and servicing the Grower at His discretion. Money falling from the trees, just plant it and come back 3 months later.

Then We All Woke Up.

stasis

Veteran
I always assume I'm being watched, and act accordingly. So no worries. Sure do enjoy vacations though, when I know no one knows me. haha. Toughest Job/hobby You'll ever love. Put out, put out, Money, time, opportunity cost, foregoing a social life to a certain extent, when One could be doing something else. Risk, no shows, you name it.

No ripoffs in over 12 years. I'm vigilant. Pretty sure I have been followed out of clubs, but I knew it due to the above. Shook em. I know I was being cased out in norcal on the properties. Even had the Landlady's BF show up day before harvest parking down the street and arriving with 4 unknown guys for some stupid reason . Dealt with it all HEAD ON, everytime. The Deer Meat salesman in Late September, who ignored the gate, and no trespassing signs, accusing me of being a vegetarian, for looking at him sideways for crossing the property line.. I Walked right up to them and demanded to know their full name and business. Followed by a calm, direct "Move On Fella, Now." Never let em see ya sweat. Anyone. Then without taking a breath, wave nicely at the old lady down the block who loves when You help he get her runaway pets back, who's elderly husband holds their front door open with a rifle, etc. Be courteous and respectful to LEO, if ever a meeting, even in town, they remember ya - or your car - gestures like that go far.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I never been robbed and I have grown and made people happy in a few diff states...but I am a crazy fucker and don't mind meeting my maker long as I take atleast one with me...but I am very observant and prepared...I can almost sense a bad situation before it happens ..6th sense.. I have walked away from a few deals and outright refused to deal with some folks..don't get greedy

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I got mugged by the gypos once when i was 15 and drunk off my mind, but never in my weed growing years. Kinda wish those gypos would come and try to rob me now, they'd have another thing coming :) :comfort:

stasis

Veteran
Got robbed for a pizza once. SF Sunset district. 4 youths. Took a punch, dealt a punch. Saw a gang running towards me, with one gunman. I Threw the pizza face first on the ground, and said Fuck you. Ran around the block taking the roundabout way home.. What do ya think da Bruthas will do for a p..?

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
One wears MANY hats, as a sole proprietor. Too numerous to list here. The amount of varying tasks endless. Whatever One thinks awaits, workwise, DOUBLE it.

Shit, I will be getting up to the country soon, but for the last year, after a decade+ on 2 acres + in NorCal - Now, in the Metro Area - Another Med State - there's two houses, just a driveway away, and I manage to keep it down-low. Major balancing act. Being a good neighbor, yet keeping 'em ALL at arms length, so no one feel's it's OK to visit whenever they want. Phone calls first, or no answer door.

It takes years of experience and study. read the old-skool growers. Security practices are VERY important. No one gets to know. Very few people even know where I live. It takes a special person to put it all together. I am so careful it's absurd sometimes. But, by doing my protocols, I do not have to worry. After 12 years, I am still just as careful, but confident that if I continue such due diligence, I will 99% be OK. The horror stories in Mendo were amazing. Some were Urban Rural legends, some NOT>. Now, in da Mitten, Metro for now, gotta watch your culo even more. So many weapons, so many Bruthas. But, people are a bit more clueless than the Em Tri, to say the least. A good thing.

Got robbed for a pizza once. SF Sunset district. 4 youths. Took a punch, dealt a punch. Saw a gang running towards me, with one gunman. I Threw the pizza face first on the ground, and said Fuck you. Ran around the block taking the roundabout way home.. What do ya think da Bruthas will do for a p..?
hmmm....

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I think I got more scars from fights over "women" than over a "weed deal"...lol.

I can recall a few times when things got "real tense" while conducting biz with some "bad dudes"....but we all kept our heads (no one bled); the downside--everyone's hardware kept getting bigger with each subsequent transaction/meeting...but we all respected each other.

Some people--if you show a "lack of respect"...it flips their "lets get crazy" switch.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
^^^ Right there is breaking Rule #1. Loose lips sink ships.

Why should ANYONE know you have a house full of ganja? Bragging/showing off your garden will not result in good things....only bad. Find other ways to stroke your ego.

Rule #2. Need to know. If you don't have a need to know...you don't know. IMHO, no one needs to know...except the guy that steps in when I am sick or take vacation (vacation...what's that?).

Simple question LEO asks, "give me something I don't have"....and why be a topic of discussion--if you don't have to be? What LEO does not know...they don't know, unless someone tells them.

Latest posts

Latest posts