What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can i use this in a carbon scrubber

G

I'm building my own scrubber since after going to the hydro store several times and looking on ebay and seeing what they cost, then seeing multiple DIY links off google, seems like its somthing simple to construct. is this a viable carbon to use in my scrubber? someone said to look into petstores since they have this kinda stuff... thanks in advance. sooner i build this the sooner i start my next grow.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...=24&Ntt=carbon&In=All&previousText=carbon&N=2

:woohoo:

You can, but at that price it'll cost you a bit. Try looking on Ebay, you can get activated carbon in bulk dirt cheap there.

keeko

hey natoffski, i bought some of that same activated carbon from petsmart to make myself a carbon filter, havent gotten around to it though, but i do have the materials....so i guess that counts, when you end up making it you should post it up

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Yeah that carbon will do the job nicely- it will cost you big bucks to fill a filter depending on size.

www.carbonactivated.com

Get the 4X6 mesh of virgin coco activated carbon- 55 pounds delivered to my door ups was 80bux. Its been 8 months on this filters first load and no sign of letting up.

minds_I

nat built 2 with good success, used activated carbon from ebay 5 gallon bucket like 30 pounds for like 30 dollars. hope this helps
later SI