What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

clones in soil here we go!

mischievous

hey guys if i got several moms ready to be cut for clones whats the best way to prepare them for soil? jeffy pucks? any good cloner systems? the e-z clone system doesent look that good looks like when i will try to put in a soil mix it will hurt the lil roots, help how do you prepare clones for soil pics plz!

G

I dont post pics,but I use a humidity dome and 1 inch rockwoll cubes to root my clones.After the roots poke through the cubes you plant it in the soil cube and all.The most important thing about getting clones to root is humidity,for the first week you want to mist the inside of the dome a few times a day,get it as close to 100% relative humidity as you possibly can.Then on day 8 9 and 10 I'm removing the dome just a few minutes at a time to "harden themn off",this is when most of the rooting takes place i've found.You dont need strong light to root clones,a shoplight or any flourescent just about will do fine.There are many ways to root clones,thats just one of them

G

Aero cloners usually has a better sucess ratio but i have like a 75% success rate with the water bottle method The way i do it is i clip my clone dip straight into the rooting solution mixed with water soak in cup for 24 hrs then plant in a bottle like so and wait a week or soo and hope for the best

G

From what I've heard and read,the simple bubble cloner seems to be probably the easiest and most effective,I came up using rw cubes and a dome and its hard to teach and old old dog new tricks for sure ha ha.I'm probably making a mistake never bothering to make a simple bubble cloner lol.

Dan42nepa

i may try an old aquarium at some point.. with a cover and light.. and sit the rw cubes inside keeping them moist with a little water.

G

Heres to the bottle cloners!

And no it dosent have to be light proof! 100%( although I got about 100% when I used rockwool too...but this is much easier)

I have a rubermaid cloner for large batches...it is in the attic!

cutting 5 days No misting noting( set it and forget it)!

Willie! :sasmokin:

I've had 100% success with the aero cloner. I used to use Rapid Rooters, the aero cloner is easier, less messier, nothing to degrade into the hydro system like with the rooters. It's just a matter of finding what works the best for you. :joint: