What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vanity Light Wattage question.

NuggyBuds

Hey all, I have a small electrical question.

I want to start a new closet grow and I'm looking at the vanity fixtures. I want to use a 3 light vanity fixture, and the twin splitters so I can have 6 CFL's total.
Now the vanity light I'm looking at says 60W Max.
My question is do I have to add the wattage of the bulbs together in one socket, or can I put say two 45’s in each. In other words, is the max, per bulb, or per socket.
Thanks.
:joint:

I believe it's 60W bulbs max, meaning you could do what you want. Two 45's would be 90, so you couldn't do that. Either use 2 vanity lights with 3-45's in them, or use 1 with 2-23-30's in each socket with a splitter. Check to see how much it'll cost total, sounds like you'd be better off with 2 or 3 4' flourescent fixures costwise.

Xtbudda

Mine say the same thing and I have 4 x 23w on each one.
Been running like it for years.
I think it is 60w per socket and it would seem the socket itself is the threat, with it overheating and/or cracking. Really aint much more to the vanity light aside from that.

This also a good photo, for you folks to see a comparison between old bulbs and new bulbs.
Xtbudda...

Latest posts

Latest posts