What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bio- BROTHER'S HELP

Hydropimp

Veteran
Can someone help me seal me resivoiur?

I have used the hot glue and silicone but it still leaks.

I bought today at a marine stored a underwater sealent hpefully it works.

G

Hydropimp said:
Can someone help me seal me resivoiur?

I have used the hot glue and silicone but it still leaks.

I bought today at a marine stored a underwater sealent hpefully it works.
What exactly are you trying to seal? What are you useing for fittings? A better discription of what your trying to do would be a big help. If Your useing the 3M 5200 marine adhesive, that stuff will seal just about anything!

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
I use regular aquarium safe sillycone. Hot glue is just to brittle over time to be trusted.

Best option is to install real fittings.

Sauce

Silicone will hold, just scrap everything off, reapply silicone and then make sure to let it cure for the time listed on the tube (usually ~24hours). If you want to use something else go with a caulk or epoxy, there's a bunch of things that will work just read the package.

Hydropimp

Veteran
I have a heavy duty trash can 44gal Brute that hold the nutes I have a 1 in PVC pipe

going in through the can. Also i have a question about adding nutes to the system; do

I add up all the gallons in the system or just in the reservoir?

G

Hydropimp said:
I have a heavy duty trash can 44gal Brute that hold the nutes I have a 1 in PVC pipe

going in through the can. Also i have a question about adding nutes to the system; do

I add up all the gallons in the system or just in the reservoir?
You probably need some sort of 2 piece fitting. The marine supply store will have a 1" bulkhead you might use or something like this One will go inside the brute the other goes on the outside. apply sealant then screw them firmly together not super tight.

use the volume of the entire system when figuring nutes.
BG those uniseals are the shit!

Latest posts

Latest posts