What's new

Gonna try AN instead of floranova bloom

Like the title says. Ive been using GH floranova bloom with liquid karma and hygrozyme to good results. Quality is bar none, but yield could be improved. SO, now im gonna try the advanced nutrient line. A and B two part bloom with the overboost goody since Im halfway through bloom, 1/8 a cup of a and b for 13 gallons made 1800 ppm or so... ppms like that withe the floranova never burned anything.. We will SEE... how things pan out..

Simple non recirculating DWC..

badda bing badda booooooooom

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Keep in mind the increased yields AN claims says you have to use all their products in conjunction, seriously. Personally i don't think you'll see a difference.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
id like to hear your results..

i think the an real differences would be there gro more for less feeding program. only uses a few of there aditives..

but at least your supporting a company that supports your grow.. and doesnt hide behind shrowed..

I'm interested to see your results. I saw a video on Youtube (Nutrient Challenge), they grew weed with 6 diff kinds of nutes, Supernatural, GH, Grotek, Advanced, Canna and Dutch master. They measured yield and THC content, the weed grown with Advanced did the best, 2 lbs per light (I assume 1000watters), and 20-something percent THC. I'd like to give Advanced a try :D

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Here's my personal experience with it. I had been using GH when AN busted on the scene with all their claims about increased yields yadda, yadda, yadda. I think that's called hype if i'm not mistaken. Anyway many growers including myself got sucked in and then the grow reports starting hitting. most of them were "it wasn't any better than GH" or whatever nute they were using. THEN AN comes along, well you have to use all our products in conjunction, or most of them. Whatever. AN are the marketing whores let me tell ya.

If anyone here had a significant yield with AN please post!

G

damn, i use novabloom and AN big bud, voodooo, scorpion juice, piranha, organic-b, carb load, VHO turantula, bud blood, barracade and overdrive. ALOT of results. in comparison to my old regimin of GH (nova gro/bloom koolbloom, rare earth and diamond nectar) still use the nectar though. i think AN is great stuff. with VHO and the rest i preped a seed for flower in 3 weeks.
still love GH and cant seam to ditch the nova bloom. i run at like 1800ppm -2000ppm also during flower and never burned anything.
i use water for my flush last week, but was thinking of using AN 'final stage' instead.

simba

Sleeping Dragon
heres my take the the marketing..all manufactures are full of it.. however some do have some truth behind it..

i personaly thing the 2+ kinda throws me off in the fact that its more than 1 plant..
it should be xlb per plant.. but again strains can make a high yield or a low yeilder..

heres the deal on all there additves..
if you look at other Mfrs. out there.. few of them make a complete line of every thing you could posibly use without sourcing from another Mfr..

AN makes any thing you could posibly want from nutes..
ya its extensive but not expensive like others say..
you need to see how much you need to use mathed to how much you get for how many $..

AN has the pirahna wich is a bactiria.. well a few of them..
ie a bio bucket just no lava rock..

the triantula is a fungis well a few of them.. that helps in root growth..

humic acid is just that.. for GH you would need allot of there nector to be the same as AN humic (now wich is cheaper) LOL

fulvic again same as above..

there 3 part is cheaper than GH 3 part and from my first look it uses less.. even if it uses the same then you are still saving money with AN..

set aside the base nutes..
AN aditives some i dont know about but some of them promote larger roots wich in turn gives yeild..

some of the other aditives help with thc production.. i cant explain it but its there..

and prob some are just hype or close to it..

i cant beleave everyone rips on AN>. they are cheaper they support the Grower.. what other company can say that. NONE>>

each plant in the wolrld likes specifics..and they look only at the cannabis plant..to see what it needs and doesnt..

bottom line even if AN was exactly the same as GH or another i support AN cause there cheaper and have the guts to be very specific as to what there nute is for...

Chiefsmokingbud said:
Keep in mind the increased yields AN claims says you have to use all their products in conjunction, seriously. Personally i don't think you'll see a difference.

When do think is the good time to add the overdrive? Or ripening formulas? Im thinking halfway?

G

Heres an idea... why don't you go to the AN forum and ask questions? You will probably get better information, without all the "AN sucks" bullshit...