What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not another B&B Journal

ocanabis

Not another B&B Journal

Howdy Peoples

I'm here to start my B&B journal.The brief run down is a 6 bucket system.I'll be using GH Nutes.My G room is 7'x7'x7' for which I use a 4'x7' area.I'm using a 1000 w/hps on a light rail with a cool tube and the heat is drawn out using a 360 canfan exuast.The strain is called Danny Boy.Here 's the run down on it:
This combination of Killer Queen, Ortega, and Cindy99 is a Cherry hash favorite and established favorite. Amazing cherry flavor is this strains claim to fame and large amount of resin make this a TGA legend for making Bubblehash. Performing well both indoors and out it’s rapid maturity makes her a keeper in many gardens long before a grower gets to taste the amazing over powering Cherry smell.
This'll be my 3rd time growin' it.I've done it once in soil and once in an Aero tub.This should be interesting in the B & B system.It's quite potent and makes exellent hash.In fact the best hash I've smoked to date.I'm still looking for the Cherry flavor though.
Ok,so the pics you r abought to see r 2 weeks old from clones .The tallest 1 is 14 inches.I'll be flippin to 12/12 in about a week +/-.Oh ya,I should also mention that I'm not using any cloning media.My clones r cloned in a wick/ tub of perlite and once they rooted I just put them in the pails.Doesn't get any simpler than that.I'll be also doin a scrog grow cause height is an isue.

So my girls are at:
PPM's @700
PH @ 6.3
Day Room temp 79-80 df
Night temp 74-76 df
Nute temp 72-75 df

D.Boy(girl) from the top

D.Boy/girl @ 12"

D.Girl @ 14"

Close up

and of course the group

7" basket

9 day old rooted clone placed in the Lava Rock

9 day old D.Girl clone

Dannny Boy(girl) nicly tucked

Group shot

So folks,come join me on this journy.
Later
Ocanabis :wave:

G

Nice work! How did you go about placing the bare roots in the LR? Also I see you had to do a little work on the net pots. I had to as well. Are you happy with the light rail?

Very nice setup. It sounds very similar to mine. I have a 7x5x9 growing area. I also have a 1000 watt light on a light rail, and six buckets. I am growing GN03 Cindy 99. They are quite a bit younger than yours.

I am going to watch this one every step of the way. It will give me something to look forward to. :lurk:

I just hope I can get my plants to look as nice as yours :D

ocanabis

Hi peoples
I want to thank all of you for stopin by

So I thought I'd share the cloning method in here.It's a wick and perlite cloning tub.I got the Idea from another grower on another forum.
So what you need for parts r:

4 Tiki Wicks
3 tubs
1 sml bag perlite
so u take 1 of the tubs and cut the top off at about 2" or so.This is for a spacer.You take a 2nd tub and drill (8) 1/4" holes then insert your wicks.The 3rd tray is for water
Spacer

Tub with wicks

water tray

Tray with perlit & 8 wicks

So basicaly all you do is take the bottom tray and put a couple inches of water in the bottom.You can use water straight from the tap.The chlorine will sterilize the cuttings etc.Next you put in your spacer & the tub of perlite.
You leave this to sit over night and the wicks will draw moisture into the perlite.The next day take your cuttings,poke a hole in the perlite say with your fingr insert the cuttings,pack the perlite around the cuttings and thats it.After7-9 days you will get this

I used a rooting powder on my last run but it's really not nesessary,but I thought it would help.After they've rooted you can put them in your fav. system etc.
Later

ocanabis

Hi all

It's been awhile since I last posted.The reason for that is I lost my crop to root rot.I deduced that I didn't have enough DO in my res so I pulled the res out and went to a smaller tub.I have also added a 1/4 hp Chiller.
As I sit here I can tell you that I have placed 6 new Danny Boys in the system as of yesterdayThey r 2 weeks old now and lookin good.I'm gonna try using Pure Blend Grow & Bloom nutes along with Liquid Karma
So The specs are:
Nutes: 300 ppm's
PH @ 6.0
L.K.:1/10 th the recomended dosage
Room temp:80 df(day) & 74 df(night)
RH:Day 40%- Night 60%
Res temp:68 df
Light:400 watt MH to start

So now we shall see what happens.I don't anticipate any more problems with the changes I have made.
Later

G

Sorry to hear of the setback. This round should prove better for YA. May I ask how You have setup your vented light with the mover ? How far does the mover travel? Also that chiller is sweet. It will make dealing with heat issues much easier!

ocanabis

Hi Cracker

May I ask how You have setup your vented light with the mover ?

Well.I have the CanFan mounted to the ceiling at the mid point.The Cool tube is hung with chain.I use the silver flex hose attached to the cool tube at one end and the other is attached to the canfan exaust in.The Light only moves 3' back and forth.I have the motor on the rail set for a 30 second delay.The other end of the cool tube is open and allows me to pull excess heat from the room as well as my other exaust which is a big ass bathroom exhaust.If I remember corectly I think its rated for 350 cfm's.Thats about it.If you need I can post some pics for you.Let me know.
Later
Ocanabis :D

ocanabis

Hi all

I'm back with a further update.Theirs not much to see yet,but my babies r starten to take off.They were a little slow in taking off.I think it's cause I had the nutes to low.I had started them out @ 330 ppm but now I've upped to 680 ppm's a couple of days ago.This appears to have set the stage..So here's a couple of pics.
Specs:
Nutes:660 ppm
PH@5.5
Room Temp:79 df(Day) 74 df(night)
Nute temp 68 df
Humidity 40%(day)60%(night)
Later

ocanabis

Hi all

So,as of today the girls are at 2 weeks in the system.They appear to be doin ok but,
I'm a little concerned with the Ph dropping.4 days ago it was at 5.5.Today its at 5.1.I'm getting magnesium lock out because of the dropping ph.For proper mag. up take the ph should be 5.8-6.0.Now,I read this some place(see text image below):I can't remember if it was Big Toke or Daltron,but according to it I'm basicaly on track.Although, I can't help but feel I should be raising the ph or some thing.
I was wandering if I should try misting the girls with a light solution of Epson Salts when the lights go out.Any thoughts any one ?
So here's a couple pics for yas
Later
Ocanabis

Last edited:
Looking good there ocanabis!!! I'm also using PBP in my bio setup. My recommendation would be to add some Cal Mag Plus to your feeding regiment. Are you using tap or RO water?? If you're using RO water Cal Mag is a must with Pure Blend Pro. Id say start with about 2 ml per gallon and continue to add 1 ml per gallon every few days until the deficiency corrects itself (I wouldn't exceed 6 ml per gal). If your ph is a bit low.....5.5 isn't too bad imho.....I would buy a silicon additive, its good stuff, strengthens stems, increases stress resistance etc etc.....it will also bump your ph up to the desired range as well....Try Botanicare Silica Blast its designed to work with PBP

Hope this helps!!!

H$T$

ocanabis

Hi Hu$tle Tree$

Thanks for stopin by.I would consider trying the cal mag but I'm not sure about all that other stuff.The whole basis of this system simplicity.The B & B's are supposed to do look after things with out all the addatives.
No,I'm not using RO water either.My tap water is about 110 ppm and a PH of 7.2-7.4.
Later
Ocanabis :joint:

I second Hu$tle's sentiments. I use Silicon Blast as a PH up for any of my nutes, but haven't really needed to use it in the Buckets, PH isn't really an issue for me. Since it is for you, some SB wouldn't hurt. You have pretty soft water, a bit of Cal-Mag wouldn't hurt, maybe 1/4 recommended strength. Two things I have been using with the Buckets is Diamond Nectar (fulvic acid) and Liquid Karma. Both are extremely good for your plants and for the beneficial bacteria colonies. By the looks of things over this way, I think it's working... :D Peace man.... :joint: