What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I bought this tent...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a pretty nice tent. Shiny on the inside, black on the outside.

I though it was so nice I bought a light to go with it. And then I bought a grow bed and filled it with dirt. And there it sat sad and lonely.
picture.php

Until today.
picture.php

:woohoo:

HLG 600W QB288 V2 R Spec kit, 5x5 Gorilla Grow Tent, Hyperfan 8" stealth fan pulling through a no name carbon filter, Grassroots 4'x4'x18" deep bed with my own soil mix. Lights running wide open, power supply mounted outside of tent, temperature rises ~13*F over ambient basement temps (82.6* held steady for 48 hours with fan at 35% of power)

Left and right rows are BOGs Blue Moon Rocks clones, 2 different phenos. Center row is AnnaC's Mind Boggle x NYCD. All plants are from clones taken from mothers ~ 3 weeks ago. The cuttings spent 14 days in the cloner until they were transplanted to 3" paper pots. That was 7 days ago. This pic was taken right before planting into the bed.
picture.php

Let's see what happens.:dance013:

G

Im intrigued by the grow bed in a tent. I suppose this is just like a fabric pot only larger. How do you deal with the wet floor?

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im intrigued by the grow bed in a tent. I suppose this is just like a fabric pot only larger. How do you deal with the wet floor?
Don't have one. The tent has a floor and a "waterproof" floor liner. The fabric pot is actually vinyl mesh, so it won't rot. It can remain damp under there and not hurt a thing. There's also a liner of some sort that is an add on for the LOS beds.

As long as I don't ridiculously over water it, the soil should hold the water just fine.

I do know that if water escapes fabric pots, and there isn't any place for it to go to escape, the pot will quickly soak it up unless the soil is saturated.

Zomboy

Veteran
Nice set up, im running something similar minus the bed. Was thinking about giving the bed a try next run tho. Looking at the honor the plant bed, this one looks like a nice option too.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you all for tuning in.

I can only hope this ends better than Game of Thrones did.:beat-dead

I'M NOT BITTER!!!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow, loving the selection..

annaC.. I used to have looong conversations with this fine gentleman. Was a very kind soul indeed.

Latest posts

Latest posts