What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help cloning church cookies

Mattbho

I have this awsome pheno of church cookies truly a better yielding fcgsc problem is i
It is a bitch to clone. The only clones i have got were huge branch like clones in dwc 2+weeks and 8 inch clones set up in promix using a cut water bottle promix hp in bottom and top used as a dome. Seems like it has to be a more woody solid stem to get it to clone.

Ive tried various sizes dwc most turn to mush after a few days. Grodan same, peat pellets , purlite/vermiculite mix same result. I tried swapping to half strenght bloom 1 week before cutting that didnt seem to help. Also ive tried colder and warmer temps they seem to lsst longer with cold water but always rot away before roots.
Ive never really tried air layering but im tempted once these 2 clones get bigger.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated as i would like to keep her around for a while and this 1 in 20 success is uber frustrating.
20190219_222342.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have this awsome pheno of church cookies truly a better yielding fcgsc problem is i
It is a bitch to clone. The only clones i have got were huge branch like clones in dwc 2+weeks and 8 inch clones set up in promix using a cut water bottle promix hp in bottom and top used as a dome. Seems like it has to be a more woody solid stem to get it to clone.

Ive tried various sizes dwc most turn to mush after a few days. Grodan same, peat pellets , purlite/vermiculite mix same result. I tried swapping to half strenght bloom 1 week before cutting that didnt seem to help. Also ive tried colder and warmer temps they seem to lsst longer with cold water but always rot away before roots.
Ive never really tried air layering but im tempted once these 2 clones get bigger.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated as i would like to keep her around for a while and this 1 in 20 success is uber frustrating.
View attachment 494543

Hope you get her to root she looks a beauty to keep around :tiphat:

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Buy or build yourself an aero cloner.

With mine I managed to root the tiniest clones that would have died with any other method.

Also Aero Cloners are the best for revegging. I never lost a strain since.

Mattbho

Aero that much better than dwc cloners ? I have got her to root just have to use 1/4 inch branches and takes FOREVER . Was hoping theres a cookie trick im missing or something

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Yes aero imo is the better and safer choice.

The bad thing is you cut down every smaller branches. On one point thats the right way. Meanwhile I let 1-2 smaller branches stay at the bottom in Case I want to reveg.

Your only chance is to take the branch with the smallest bud and put it in the cloner. With that much bud it will take a long time thats for shure. When they show new sprouts its the best time to cut down the bud material and older leafs but be careful to leave the new sprouts.

Some people reveg the hole plant but that didn't work for me. Maybe hit the search engine with the terms: revegging. There are a lot threads about that topic.

Mattbho

Ive already secured 2 clones as stated couple times thanks tho this plant went 12 weeks there was no revegging

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear you had trouble cloning them.
The Church can take an extra few days to root and doesnt want it to humid or they die off from mold.

At least you got 2 cuts as defo looks like a keeper.

Peace

Mattbho

Yes she will be around !!its time to flower the 2 cuts i took and im running into same problem . Ive even tried air layering? The 2 bottom stems while still attched are buried beside the plant with only the tops outta mix.

Thanks for chiming in at least i know its not just me . I guess ill have to stick with giant branch like clones and lots of patients

Latest posts

Latest posts