What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LUI

jayd

i put 6 lui seeds (direct from breeder steve 15 years ago) in wet paper towels on a heat mat. after 36 hrs 1 popped and 24hrs later 3 more have popped. i planted all 4 in plagron light mix. 48 hrs later (today) 2 are up 1 is just coming up and 1 yet to come up so far. the other 2 are still in the tub on heat mat. the seeds were tiny little dark things. have just put them under a 125watt cfl grow light in a small tent

Attachments

• 20190212_154046.jpg
    20190212_154046.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190212_154054.jpg
    20190212_154054.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 30

jayd

well the other 2 didnt pop, 4 out of 6 for old seeds im happy with. 1 took a few more days to pop up . 2 will be 3 weeks old tuesday, 1 a day behind and 1 a few more days behind. have repotted into airpots what i think are 9 ltr but could be 6 ltr. they are just under a 125 watt grow cfl along with a few other seedlings. have repotted into bio bizz all mix with 2 small bio tabs in the pot. il post so pics later on. so far 3 have nice big leafs and the youngest 1 was a bit twisted.

jayd

pics from today . they are now under a 600w led but ive only got the veg switch on. still learning with led so going be few days to find the right height. plants got a foiler spray of plant magic evolution yesterday thats what the residue narks are on them. hopefully i get at least 1 female. the smaller was the one with twisted growth.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While heavy BLDs are not my style... Those LUI would be well worth the wait.
I hope you reproduce the variety and keep it around.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Was here showing my support from jump... :biggrin:

Looks to be a few seats left in the front row - I’ll claim mine now. Thanks.

:lurk:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Subbed, great germ rate for 15 years old seeds. I loved LUI too, good line despite a little hermie prone if stressed. I had mine via Red from Legend.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
I found a cpl of hermi prone plants out of my lui about 10 yrs ago also.
Hope you find some real nice plants out of them mate.

jayd

i just keep my seeds in a container in a fridge. i popped some other seeds a couple of weeks ago what i made 11 years ago and got 100% germ rate

jayd

i flipped to 12/12 4 days ago. can just make out pre flowers. looks like 2 males and 2 females. 1 of the females stands out as shes vegged better and has good branching. the other female and 2 males havent branched out much at all . would of liked to of given another 2 or 3 weeks veg but plans changed. going take a couple clones from 1 female and maybe the other if she branches out a bit more. ive got a few bubba o kush f4 on the go as well about 25 days in veg. ones bigger and faster than the others and ive got a feeling it will be a male so if it is il hopefully cross it to the LUI. 1s really slow but all have big fat dark leafs. the f4s are what i made about 11/12 years ago from f3s .
il post pics tomorrow

jayd

heres a few pics. wish i vegged them a couple more weeks but space is a issue. 1 of them ive had my eye on for a while and i think shes female. sharting to bush out at the bottom. 1 male is trying to bush out a little and the other 2 not much growth below at all. i think its the sweet tooth phenos what dont bush out much

Skunkenstein

I ran Lui for 15yrs Straight..my one bit of advice is keep giving her Nitrogen...some Nitrogen, for the first 2weeks of Flowering..this plant will 'Yellow out' fast during bud, which i believe affects the overall yield and potential...she is a hungry girl for sure!! Properly dialed in, few plants can beat her for yield...nice Pics Btw...!!