What's new

HGO's Vert Donut Grow

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi guys, I'm switching my entire setup to horizontal SOG. I've had a hell of a lot of fun with vert but I haven't had a horizontal grow in the past 10 years LOL. I will be doing 7 trays of 25 plants per tray, all under the vertizontal hoods which are freaking awesome fwiw. I'm hoping to bring my yields up from 15-20oz per tray to 25-30oz with a 600w lamp....we shall see.

Anyhow here's what I got growing at the minute...

Amnesia Haze - Coffee shop cut
KarmaTrain
Chem DD - Everlast Cut
White Dawg - WD40 Kromes Cut
Star Dawg - Illuminati Cut
The White
Critical Mass - Bilbo Cut
Casey Jones - Joe Schmoe Cut
Pynamite
Cheese - Original Brightside Exodus Cut

I'm currently at 27 days flower and things are looking pretty good, the Critical Mass is bulking up like crazy lol this strain is such a quick grower, she packs on bud from day 15 onwards.

Tray #1
Day 27 Flower

picture.php

Tray #2
Day 27 Flower

picture.php

Tray #3 (Chem DD Tray)
Day 27 Flower

picture.php

Chem DD Bud
Day 27 Flower

picture.php

Tray #4 (Critical Mass - Bilbo cut Tray)
Day 27 Flower

picture.php

More To Follow...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Some more shots ...

Critical Mass
27 Days Flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The White
Day 27 Flower

picture.php

That's all for now.

Peace,
HGO

Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Thanks bro, the yield will be going up. I'm currently hitting 15-20oz per tray/600w and with the horizontal SOG it will be more like 25-30oz. I know of people hitting 3-3.5Lbs per kw with this way of growing. The key is to train the plants right at the beginning so they have several tops instead of the typical lollipop SOG grow.

Peace,
HGO

Is it correct for me to assume you now believe this new method is superior to vert in terms of yield? If so you got any links so I can look into it a bit more? Always looking to bump up the weight hehe.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi Funk, I don't think it's superior to vert. Any kind of SOG grow, be it vert SOG or horizontal SOG will produce big but for me horizontal SOG is going to be easier to build and maintain.... check out doneit his albums speak volumes.

Peace,
HGO

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I always seem to miss your threads HGO but I've caught this one in time!

Good luck with your new setup mate, I'm sure you'll smack it. :tiphat:

Peace

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
As a fellow donut ringer and sour circle enthusiast, given the opportunity I'd place some indicas under a reflective hood. The rigid afghan stems don't let the fan leaves turn toward the bulb as well as the floppies. But I do lurv side lighting the diesels, couldn't imagine doin it another way!!

With your superior cultivating skills, I'm sure you'll really make em shine homie! Remain very peaceful and have a nice stout now too, ya hear ?!

d3cryption

Veteran
Hi Funk, I don't think it's superior to vert. Any kind of SOG grow, be it vert SOG or horizontal SOG will produce big but for me horizontal SOG is going to be easier to build and maintain.... check out doneit his albums speak volumes.

Peace,
HGO

His albums got me thinking about some type of sog also

doneit

Veteran
SOG is the only way to fly if you aint scurred! lol

Looking good HGO, by the way, its 7" not 9", stop dreamen! haha

Peace fellas!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey guys just an update on how things are looking. The Bilbo are as usual growing fat and developing very quickly, everything else is playing catch up. I'm currently at day 37 flower. here's how it's looking.

Tray #1 - WD40 Tray
Day 37 Flower

picture.php

Tray #2 - Mix Tray
Day 37 Flower

picture.php

Tray #4 - Critical Mass Bilbo Cut Tray
Day 37 Flower

picture.php

As you know this will be my last vert grow...for this year anyhow. I will be switching everything over to SOG, 7 trays with 25 plants per tray. I have no mother plants because I usually just take the next run cuts from the plants just going into flower so I've had to get some moms ready and because I need 100-200 cuts from each strain in like 5 weeks I've taken 4 plants of each strain to be moms LOL. I also have them under the vertizontal hoods which I LOVE, the light distribution is excellent and they fit perfectly above a 4x4' tray. Anyhow on with the pics, oh and they were very hungry when I took them pics, I've since bumped up their feed...

Moms to be
Vertizontal hood

picture.php

picture.php

Some bud shots to follow...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Here's the last few pics fellas....

Mixed Bud Shots
Day 37 Flower

The White
picture.php

WD40
picture.php

Chem DD - Everlast Cut
picture.php

Casey Jones - Joe Schmoe Cut
picture.php

KarmaTrain
picture.php

That's all for now, any questions fire away.

Peace,
HGO

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts