What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Samson's Medical Outdoor 18x200 Smarties

talktosamson

Veteran
Whats up IC land. I have been a big fan of the outdoor growers forum over the years so I wanted to contribute a little thread to the outside season this year. This is our second year in the new house, last year was a lot of hit and miss and mistakes. But this year, our motto was "Better Spots, Bigger Pots"

The Spot: Our Backyard, 2200 Feet elevation, south/east facing hill with almost full sun exposure. A big tree shades the patch for an hour around noon, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

The Dirt: A special custom made blend at a local shop.
- Contains Vital Earth's® Organic Compost OMRI
- Contains Vital Earth's® Coconut Pith (low saline)
- Contains Sphagnum Peat Moss
- Contains In-House Earthworm Castings
- Contains Earthworm Bedding
- Contains Vital Earth's® Pumice Stone
- Contains Vital Earth's® 5-9-4 Rose&Flower
- Contains Vital Earth's® 9-3-1 Bat Guano
- Contains Vital Earth's® Powdered Glacial Rock
- Contains Vital Earth's® Mycorrhizal
-Also had them add a few extra secret ingredients and local manures.

The Strains
(3) Plush Berry Regular Seeds sexed and females
(2) Pure Strawberry Feminised Seeds
(1) Headband 707 Cut
(1) Strawberry Diesel (Rez circa 2007)
(2) Chem x Sour Diesel Clones (Rez)
(1) Sweet Tooth Clone
(1) CVKxSBxChemdawg
(2) C99 Clone (pineapple Pheno)
(2) Grandoggy Purps (CSG Female Seeds)
(3) Undecided

The Pots 200 Gallon Smarties

picture.php

picture.php

Red Dog Holding Down the Fort

picture.php

The Mikado

This should be good. Plenty of root room to grow monsters there. You don't have a problem with nosy neighbours or thieving kids?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
lookin good man! cant wait to see all the outdoor grows this year...everyone is stepping their game up season by season..

talktosamson

Veteran
This should be good. Plenty of root room to grow monsters there. You don't have a problem with nosy neighbours or thieving kids?

Naww we live way out, 15 acres or so between us and the closest neighbors and they are old so they don't bother us and vice versa. Lots of security measures to keep thieving randoms out, but that's to be expected!

lookin good man! cant wait to see all the outdoor grows this year...everyone is stepping their game up season by season..
I did only a few plants down in the lower yard last year and had one go over 2+ pounds a DJ Blueberry. This was in roots 707 dirt and very little feedings. Like you said, time to step up and kill it this year.

G

guest8905

right on bro, thanks for setting up a thread. Vital earth products are great, i love them!

ur gonna do really well i can tell already.

happy growing

OrganicBuds

Veteran
This is going to be a very nice grow. I have some of those genetics growing this year as well. Have you grown the plushberry before? Good luck and I am tagged.

Edit: What is the spacing on your pot centers? They look a little close for how big those mosters are going to get. Maybe it just looks small because of the size of the pots......let me know.

McDank8O5

looks great bro! definitely wish i could run 200s. some of those only look to be 2 ft apart at most. gonna run into some BIG spacing problems brotha!

M

mr.shiva

Nice, sounds like you are off to a good start. That vital earth stuff should help a lot ... I'm a fan of their baseline liquid compost.

talktosamson

Veteran
This is going to be a very nice grow. I have some of those genetics growing this year as well. Have you grown the plushberry before? Good luck and I am tagged.

Edit: What is the spacing on your pot centers? They look a little close for how big those mosters are going to get. Maybe it just looks small because of the size of the pots......let me know.

I have run the plush berry before, in a way...I took clones off all these plants that I popped as seeds in February. I pretty much just flowered the whole clone tray for sexing and turned out having some nice buds. I know I have a shorter pink/purple pheno leaning towards the black cherry soda and two monstrous phenos that should give me the yield I want.

looks great bro! definitely wish i could run 200s. some of those only look to be 2 ft apart at most. gonna run into some BIG spacing problems brotha!

Some pots are kind of close, but most have between 4-5 feet in between them. This is the best spot on the property so I had to mash as many pots into that space as I could. I train my plants by putting long pieces of thick bamboo between the sides of the pots and the dirt and then zip tie another large piece of bamboo to them, in a way making a tomato cage. These were very cost and space effective ways to do it, as I said I had several 2 1/2 + ponderers in the lower yard last year and spacing is never really an issue. I make them grow up instead of growing out. Pretty much just need room to walk between them and for the dogs to pas by with minimal damage and minimal nibbles...lol

Nice, sounds like you are off to a good start. That vital earth stuff should help a lot ... I'm a fan of their baseline liquid compost.

Glad to hear someone has good reviews. I just hated my bagged dirt last year and wanted to go for something completely different. This is supposed to be some of the best dirt in my area and ive let it sit for a few weeks, watering it with liquid karma/seaweed

Thanks everyone for stopping by. I'm thinking maybe one week and Im going to be plugging them in :) The old timers say mothers day, but Im going to let them stay in the shed for another week and get strong.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah the 707 needs a LOT of amendment.....I'm running the Greenfields this year.....I'm expecting good things with it but I'm only doing 45's and 15 gallon smarties in my backyard....good luck man this looks great!

talktosamson

Veteran
Couple pictures of the ladies chilling in the sun getting hardened off for their planting in the next week or so,.

picture.php

picture.php

A little friend I found out in my patch...Didn't know these were out here. I tired to offer him/her some doobie and it declined...

picture.php

G

guest845704

Good looking garden you have there :) So relief I havn't such crazy creatures in my latt. All best man! sbd

talktosamson

Veteran
Mostly just jack rabbits and grey fox out here, the occasional bear. Big big bull snake scared the hell out of me last summer and now this little wood scorpion.

just last week i found a little scorpion when i was working with some soil. caught me off guard to see one. they have been known to kill infants down in mexico rural areas.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yikes that scorpions pretty fuckin scary lol...i saw a rattlesnake in our grow last year...

but i echo what mcdank said...i think you should space them out just a bit more...it looks like you got about 5-6 feet of space to the left in those pictures..

talktosamson

Veteran
yikes that scorpions pretty fuckin scary lol...i saw a rattlesnake in our grow last year...

but i echo what mcdank said...i think you should space them out just a bit more...it looks like you got about 5-6 feet of space to the left in those pictures..

I have heard there are timber rattlers deep in the woods around me, but never seen one. I have a .22 at the back door for snake murders if necessary. So last year we did 30 200 gallon smarties in the yard, its shapped like a horse shoe and the entire right side which you can see is empty in the pictures gets a lot of shade during the later fall months. We retained only the pots which produced 2+ pounds which were these 14. I fudged them a little maybe a foot more than they were before, but my goal was a full sun grow and this strip is as close as my property gets.

HorseMouth

Hey fellow OR. OD gardener. Love the site, love the new property. Also have all the wildlife you talked about over here. I'm at 3300, and running Two (2) Blackboxes this year.

+Rep, +Smoke.

Noticed you were at 18 plants. OMMP compliant? Cuz it looks that way.

Peace and all the Best this year. I am shocked how much a better growing season this year already is. Last year was terrible up here in the Elevation in Or.

Latest posts

Latest posts