What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor Auto flowering Feedback

-~Wind Walker~-

Auto Flower gang,

I recently purchased some Green House Seeds, Green-o-matic from the Boo and would like some feedback on growing Auto Flowers.
Green-o-matic is supposed to be done in 42 days. I will be growing indoors in a small cab, I was thinking about the lighting schedule.

Lighting schedule #1:
24 hrs for 10 days
22/2 for 10 days
20/4 for 20 days
18/6 for finish

Lighting schedule #2:
24 hrs for 10 days
22/2 for 10 days
20/4 for 15 days
18/6 for 5 days and finish

Thoughts or feedback on this please?

Soil container size:
I have read where many have used 3 gallon containers for the second stage of growing. Due to space limitations (see my cab pictures) I was considering using 1 gallon containers instead.

Are there any issues about doing this specific to Auto Flowers?

Finally, transplanting

Germ the seeds, put them in a seedling container in either a verm / perlite hydro mix or seedling mix, transplant when ready to small pots and finally transplanting to either 1 gallon or 3 gallon pots.

Would this be too much for the Auto Flower to handle?

Thanks,
-~WW~-

9486100_0850.jpg

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never tried a staggered lighting schedule for AF, to that degree anyway. I don't see any problems with trying it though.

I have ran 24/0 for the first month then knocked it down to 20/4 for flowering.
And I have run 20/4 and 18/6 start to finish.

18/6 start to finish definetly shortens the seed to harvest cycle time - but results in smaller plants - Not really a problem and probably beneficial for a SOG grow,

You don't mention how many you are planning to run in there?

Personally I would skip the germing in a seedling container, just germ your beans using the paper towel method then plant in a decent sized first pot. OR soak the beans for 24 hours and plant direct to soil.

Seen as you're using feminised beans, you could skip the transplant and put germed beans direct into final pots.

It may be wise to employ some LST if you think height may be an issue.

I have no experience with the Greenhouse AF(s)? So just making sensible guesses here.

cheers

-~Wind Walker~-

Good info.

Good info.

I have never tried a staggered lighting schedule for AF, to that degree anyway. I don't see any problems with trying it though.

I have ran 24/0 for the first month then knocked it down to 20/4 for flowering.

Hmm, 24/0 for the first month, 20/4 for flower , and maybe a few days or a week of 18/6 for the finish.

TY

You don't mention how many you are planning to run in there?

I am thinking of LST'ing two to start with.

Just germ your beans using the paper towel method then plant in a decent sized first pot.

I will try this first time around.

I saw in one of your threads that you finished in 6 liter square pots for a grow. That is about 1 3/4's gallon or 2 gallon container.

Hmm, I will need to check my inventory to see if I have sumtin that size, buy sumtin that size. Or, use a three gallon pot for two plants.

Mitch thank you,

-~WW~-

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are running only 2, find some large square pots and I'd definetly LST from a young age to get an even/full canopy.

There will be a limit to how much soil the plants will actually use. 1 litre to start upped to 6 litre at sex worked for me in my SOG with 600w. But obviously they were strains well suited to a SOG and I didn't want them to get too tall or branchy and start shading each other out etc.

But I assume only having a few plants you want them to get as big as possible.

You don't mention the size of your space, but I'd definetly try finding square pots to use, Common sizes here are 4.5L, 6L and 11L - 11 L are about 25x25 cm each

smokefrogg

Veteran
Why not just straight 24/0 or 20/4 since they are autoflower anyways?

I would lst early on but no supercropping or topping. Transplant early, most autos send tap roots down quick, the further it initially grows down without obstruction, the bigger the auto will be

This site sucks to type into from an iPod touch

ronbo51

Veteran
Hey walker, throw away that 42 day schedule. Ain't no auto gonna do that. More like 60-70 days.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Auto Flower gang,

I recently purchased some Green House Seeds, Green-o-matic from the Boo and would like some feedback on growing Auto Flowers.
Green-o-matic is supposed to be done in 42 days. I will be growing indoors in a small cab, I was thinking about the lighting schedule.

Lighting schedule #1:
24 hrs for 10 days
22/2 for 10 days
20/4 for 20 days
18/6 for finish

Lighting schedule #2:
24 hrs for 10 days
22/2 for 10 days
20/4 for 15 days
18/6 for 5 days and finish

Thoughts or feedback on this please?

Soil container size:
I have read where many have used 3 gallon containers for the second stage of growing. Due to space limitations (see my cab pictures) I was considering using 1 gallon containers instead.

Are there any issues about doing this specific to Auto Flowers?

Finally, transplanting

Germ the seeds, put them in a seedling container in either a verm / perlite hydro mix or seedling mix, transplant when ready to small pots and finally transplanting to either 1 gallon or 3 gallon pots.

Would this be too much for the Auto Flower to handle?

Thanks,
-~WW~-
picture.php

For True AFs your lighting reduction schedules are not needed, put them on 24/0 until the start flowering then reduce them to 20/4 until ripe. Or keep them on 24/0 the entire grow, 20/4 just seems to produce more healthy plants as they have a nice break each day for a few hours to do whatever they like to do in the dark.

As for the Green-O-Matic 42 days FLOWERING... its just that FLOWERING. completely misleading, once again another marketing ploy to sell more beans of something we already have. Minus the Veg time of LR#2 it has a Flowering time of 40-45days!!! Look around the web you can find reports of G-O-M going at least 8-9 weeks start to finish, even GreenHouse own description claims at least 55-60 days start to finish.

This pic is complete CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l.jpg

STOP FEEDING US BULLSHIT LIKE THIS!!! Worlds Fastest shit, I THINK FUCKING NOT!

SGS

E

edgey

For True AFs your lighting reduction schedules are not needed, put them on 24/0 until the start flowering then reduce them to 20/4 until ripe. Or keep them on 24/0 the entire grow, 20/4 just seems to produce more healthy plants as they have a nice break each day for a few hours to do whatever they like to do in the dark.

As for the Green-O-Matic 42 days FLOWERING... its just that FLOWERING. completely misleading, once again another marketing ploy to sell more beans of something we already have. Minus the Veg time of LR#2 it has a Flowering time of 40-45days!!! Look around the web you can find reports of G-O-M going at least 8-9 weeks start to finish, even GreenHouse own description claims at least 55-60 days start to finish.

This pic is complete CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l.jpg

STOP FEEDING US BULLSHIT LIKE THIS!!! Worlds Fastest shit, I THINK FUCKING NOT!

SGS

GHS doing what they do best hyping up there own seeds!!

and they wonder why people slate them , imo :D

edgey

*mr.mike*

Expect nine or ten weeks for best quality and yield.

Leave the lights on for 24 hours per day. The only things autos do in the dark is NOT (perform photosynthesis/make stuff to) GROW.

Some people mention "But what about the dark reactions?" I call them "light-independent reactions."

-~Wind Walker~-

And they start with the morning sun

And they start with the morning sun

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Why not just straight 24/0 or 20/4 since they are autoflower anyways?

I would lst early on but no supercropping or topping. Transplant early, most autos send tap roots down quick, the further it initially grows down without obstruction, the bigger the auto will be

Thanks for the info regarding the tap root. I will monitor their progress in the RW starter cube and get them in some starter soil sooner vs later.

Hey walker, throw away that 42 day schedule. Ain't no auto gonna do that. More like 60-70 days.

SGS

Hmm..I wonder if the feminized seeds was a marketing ploy as well. Two reasons I went with G-O-A: the 42 day growth period and the feminized seeds. DRAT!

Expect nine or ten weeks for best quality and yield.

Leave the lights on for 24 hours per day. The only things autos do in the dark is NOT (perform photosynthesis/make stuff to) GROW.

Some people mention "But what about the dark reactions?" I call them "light-independent reactions."

Good info, thank you.

Likewise thanks for everyone else's feedback and comments.

-~WW~-

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
nice start, but you cant leave them in those cubes for long at all
you need to transplant ASAP!

Stunt an AF, and you end up with crap.

SGS

-~Wind Walker~-

nice start, but you cant leave them in those cubes for long at all
you need to transplant ASAP!

Stunt an AF, and you end up with crap.

SGS

Holy shit! These little fuckers are fast.

I popped them Tuesday.

The little one's tap root has bottomed out already. I tipped it on its side for now.

They are lovin this indian summer and the breeze.

Getting the MG seed starter mix NOW!

-~WW~-

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
tap roots are usually as long as the plant above the soil bro, never just try to grow something in a little cube, you need to get them in soil NOW, dont let sunlight directly on the root!! it will sun burn it! keep them upright or transplant now

SGS