What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflowering questions

I recently discovered that one of my bonsai moms I was experimenting with is autoflowering, and I know nothing about autoflowering. Ive been reading other posts about it, but have a few questions. I have it under 24hr cfls right now, so if I want to finish this plant, do I need to go to 12/12 with a HPS?? What size of pot do most use for autoflowering. I have a picture here of where it is today....any advice would be helpful. thanks.

MrBlatent

i would not change the lighting schedule, keep it around 20/4 or 24/0 to see how far she will go.

Can i ask what strain? if you have had her for a while it could be an unknown gene at play.

Have there been any environmental changes that could account for this?

Some plants can be semi-auto, flowering by age or a change in light 24/0 to 18/6 for example.
Hope you keep her going, maybe its time to pollinate one bud with an auto males pollen ;)

MrB

Last edited:
Its a strain called Fucking Incredible....and ive had some weird luck with it. The first seed I germinated was looking great up untill the 2nd week of 12/12, had nice little buds and then it started growing seeds. I have one going now at 40 days 12/12 and it looks fine, and this is my 3rd try. I was trying to do a bonsai thing, but it just started to flower under 24hr light....Not my favorite strain, but to name it fucking incredible, i expected it to be great. I might give her a try just for the experience and seeing what happens

F<in incrdeble

F<in incrdeble

i grew f ing incredable crossed with burmese outside one year it was the best next not so good gets mold easy.in a autof;ower its perfect i would think make some seeds.it had a real skunky flavor .:smokeit:

I don't really have a place to make seeds yet, b/c i dont want to jepordize my beauiful ladies below. this may be a stupid question, but is there anyway to get seeds with this autoflower plant without a male?? If I left it a long time, would it eventually seed?? I know ive found seeds in bags i've bought before....what causes this?? Sorry for all the questions.....i just like to learn.

H

hisser

If you turn her into a hermie you will get seeds from self-pollination, though the seeds might turn into hermies too... if u use the pollen from a hermie on other plants you will get feminized seeds as far as I know, and you can stay on using CFL's u dont have to switch to HPS, about pots, use the biggest ones u can, the taller it is the better for the roots, best of luck!

Yeah, i heard that same thing about the hermi's......maybe i will give that a try, and try to make some feminised seeds..ill just have to put them in a different room...thanks for the input hisser

H

hisser

easiest way is to spray colloidal silver on a female to turn her into a hermie, search the forum about it there's a great guide about making your own.

Cheers.