What's new

What did I Do Wrong?

3finglid

I live in So California where we have optimum weather. Last year I planted various auto crosses including Blue Streak. I started off with 20 seeds and ended up with only 5 little 4" inch plants. Some did not germ, some did not survive the summer heat and some just died for no reason I can think of. I started them in 4" peat pots and after 3 weeks I transplanted them to larger pots for the remainder of their grow. I did not overdo it with nutes and they received approx 7-8 hours of full sun each day. Are they not meant to be grown outdoors? Any advice would be appreciated as I still have some auto AK seeds that I would like to try again this year.
I also grew a couple of regular strains and these came out just great which I have in jars now. Thanks for any input!

Mr.Meds

The lack of light combined with how long they remained in the peat would have greatly contributed to the problem.

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They need pretty much the great conditions that you can provide indoors. However, if the soil, water, or anything else that might compromise your grow outdoors, its really hard to say for sure what the problem is/was.

3finglid

Thanks for the inputs. I dont really know what the problem was. Maybe they shouldnt be started in the peat pots. Soil was foxfarms's ocean forest. I also thought they were getting enough sun.

*mr.mike*

It's fine to start them in peat pots. Small ones. Then after a week, you move them into bigger pots. Then the next week you move them into the biggest pots.

You can't overwater them, as they are smaller plants, and that will stunt them, as will high or low temps.

And, yeah, even though others may put them outside, they really do prosper under 24 hours of good light.

Start them inside, then don't put them outside until may or so.