What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

E

eLiguL

floppy said:
im tuning in for this one, i read the whole of your other thread, many times.

any chance of you telling us what your magic soil mix is?

You might want to reread page 2 of his other thread again.

minigreens

where do you dry all this? i'm setting up a mini perpetual harvest myself and havent thought about where i'm going to dry stuff each week.

guineapig

Veteran
Love the thread DrB....:jump: :woohoo:

Could you be so kind as to tell us which types of CFL bulbs you prefer to use? Do you use a mixture of the cool-blue bulbs and the warm-red bulbs? Possibly do you have pics of the CFL array that you use, so as to demonstrate the proper arrangement of CFL bulbs?

Keep Dope Alive!!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
This is the reinforcement on the back to support the light cleats inside....all glued up and ready to go on

This shows the reinforcement screwed and Glued to the outside of the boxes

This shows the first box in place.....and DrBud's "Green Jeans"

This Pic shows both boxes in place in "DrBud's Lab"

Next we mount light fixtures "Cleats".....
Add the two Dayton's that will cool this Machine....
Wire up the "Back-up" batteries......
Run some wiring around the room ....
Install the Control panels....Temp sensors.... :wave:

ripOG

guineapig said:
Love the thread DrB....:jump: :woohoo:

Could you be so kind as to tell us which types of CFL bulbs you prefer to use? Do you use a mixture of the cool-blue bulbs and the warm-red bulbs? Possibly do you have pics of the CFL array that you use, so as to demonstrate the proper arrangement of CFL bulbs?

Keep Dope Alive!!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

I believe he uses the "Warm White" type.

G

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DrBudGreengenes again.

Mr_Micro

I'm on the bus! :D

Looks amazing Dr. Bud, seriously, awesomely, incredibly, utterly, mind numbingly, etc., etc. amazing!

Your incredible DIY style with CFLs is starting to make me really depressed about the fact that I just dropped $400 (and will soon drop $150 more) into setting up what I considered to be a very professional 150w HPS grow chamber.
*Sighs*
Maybe I should have paid more attention my elders, saved a lot of money, and made something brilliant like what you're doing. Guess I just figured legally speaking I was much better off having 1 or 2 big plants than a few dozen small ones.
Oh well, hindsight being 20/20 and all...

Anyhoo, awesome start you're off to! I can't wait to see how you set everything up with the ventilation system and whatnot :smoke:

the cabnets look great.any reason for flatt white paint instead of gloss...you may have metioned this but what flavor are you planting..and dose it have any effects on the yeild grown this way compaired to other strains ...

thank

herb weedmen

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
herb weedmen said:
the cabnets look great.any reason for flatt white paint instead of gloss...you may have metioned this but what flavor are you planting..and dose it have any effects on the yeild grown this way compaired to other strains ...

thank

herb weedmen

Flat White is the MOST reflective Paint that there is.... :headbange