What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where's my $2000 check?

Gry

Veteran
US “COVID Relief” Was Enough To Give Every Taxpayer $41,870 But We Got Peanuts Instead

resident Biden just signed his sweeping $1.9 trillion spending package into law. Once this bill hits the books, total taxpayer expenditure on (ostensibly) COVID relief will hit $6 trillion—which, roughly estimated, comes out to $41,870 in spending per federal taxpayer.

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/us...anuts-instead/

Attempted to go the site listed, but was hit was so many splash pages huckstering fear based merchandise that I was unable to wade through it all.
Back of the envelope math showed me that about 25% of the bill is going into payments. I was interested in seeing the author's calculations.
Found the author's "outrage" amusing, and would be willing to bet body parts the same individual had not a word of negative comment over the money handed to the well heeled by the last administration.

mowood3479

Veteran
Attempted to go the site listed, but was hit was so many splash pages huckstering fear based merchandise that I was unable to wade through it all.
Back of the envelope math showed me that about 25% of the bill is going into payments. I was interested in seeing the author's calculations.
Found the author's "outrage" amusing, and would be willing to bet body parts the same individual had not a word of negative comment over the money handed to the well heeled by the last administration.

I saw plenty of libertarians (see tom woods, Ron Paul, thomas sowell, Dave smith, Michael malice, eric july)
critical of the first stimulus payment that went out when Trump was in office... that was mostly pork. More so than this one... which is still mostly pork. Government institutions getting showered with money and adding trillions onto the national debt.
but keep on with ur eyes closed gry (some would call it willfull ignorance) and bet that no one is calling for fiscal responsibility.
great way to gamble..

by ur math 25% is going to payments
who gets the other couple trillion?

Gry

Veteran
Shameless individuals who have made no positive contributions to anything but selfish rich fucks . Nice standards there.

Gry

Veteran
Found it all too typical that big pharma has figured out how to make the new vaccines for less money than ever before, of course they were not willing to suspend their patent rights to allow others to make it so cheaply. I find their version of morality obscene, and would dearly love to see for profit medicine
become a relic of the past. Quite convinced Rockefeller medicine is a road to hell paved with pathetic intent.

audiohi

Veteran
r1tfojxj32o61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=2b8287b25064b6c6e17b40f3e251f1954c06deb0.jpg

Doctor M

If no republican lawmakers voted for the stimulus why do republican voters get a check? Tell your republican lawmakers to vote for the good of the country...

I've donated all the Stimulus money sent to me to the local food bank while you spent yours on shitty poly hybrid seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts