What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolem

10 people jsut got slaughtered in CO by some nut with a gun. Let's see what they find out about this nutter. Why does the media act like this is surprising?. Just another day in murica........

The people who die in mass shootings their constitutional rights don't matter compared to those who tout the 2nd amendment.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10 people is nothing compared to the amount of people that die from car accidents on any given day.

That's a nice false equivalency you have there. It'd be a shame if someone pointed out the glaring differences between the two.

St. Phatty

The people who die in mass shootings their constitutional rights don't matter compared to those who tout the 2nd amendment.

obviously the victim's rights have been more than violated.

And, we need a Quick Effective solution.

I think this is partially a free market thing.

Somebody will integrate a magnetometer into a standard door frame, and it will become an IPO & billion dollar product.

Having used the metal detector at courthouses - why not just put one of them on every single business establishment ?

They could have had metal detectors on every school in Florida after the shooting in 2017 - by the end of Spring Break - but here we are 4 years later and all that happened is a bunch of hand-wringing and arguing and Covid.

The banning of semi-auto rifles and possible handguns has 2 parts.

They can make the purchase of one more difficult or impossible. If it makes them feel good to do that, that's one possible compromise.

If they ban them in the sense of requiring an expensive registration for existing firearms, that will simply make felons out of 10's of millions of Americans.

And get very little cooperation.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I don't have a problem with semi's or handguns. AUTOMATIC weapons is another matter altogether.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have a problem with semi's or handguns. AUTOMATIC weapons is another matter altogether.

AUTOMATIC weapons are already heavily regulated. Not to mention prohibitively expensive to purchase and shoot.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

It's not about the 2nd amendment. Making it law for everyone to get a background check is not taking their guns away. Anytime they see gun laws changed all they say is see there taking our guns away. If you cant pass a background check you shouldn't have a gun.

Absolem

It's not about the 2nd amendment. Making it law for everyone to get a background check is not taking their guns away. Anytime they see gun laws changed all they say is see there taking our guns away. If you cant pass a background check you shouldn't have a gun.

Hammer. I was mocking the people who tout the second amendment and think their constitutional rights trump the constitutional rights of others.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
AUTOMATIC weapons are already heavily regulated. Not to mention prohibitively expensive to purchase and shoot.

too many folks confused on this point - the difference between semi-auto firearms used by uncountable numbers of law abiding citizens and illegally converted/owned full-auto machine guns. and the anti-gun wingnuts have hung their very existence on voters that do not/do not WANT to understand the difference. the gun mfgs have made their job easier by making visually identical guns for sale to the general public. they are feeding straight off of what the firearm LOOKS like. yes, i know that is stupid, but it is working with a fuckload of people that hang on their very word, and mutter platitudes like "we have to do SOMETHING..." to cut back on "gun violence" while full-well knowing that makes no more sense than calling car wrecks "auto violence"...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
too many folks confused on this point - the difference between semi-auto firearms used by uncountable numbers of law abiding citizens and illegally converted/owned full-auto machine guns. and the anti-gun wingnuts have hung their very existence on voters that do not/do not WANT to understand the difference. the gun mfgs have made their job easier by making visually identical guns for sale to the general public. they are feeding straight off of what the firearm LOOKS like. yes, i know that is stupid, but it is working with a fuckload of people that hang on their very word, and mutter platitudes like "we have to do SOMETHING..." to cut back on "gun violence" while full-well knowing that makes no more sense than calling car wrecks "auto violence"...

I've said it before and I'm going to keep saying it. New gun laws won't stop gun violence M4A, UBI, and the legalization of all drugs will.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

A point of order....the guys who killed these folks the last couple of weeks were up till they first pulled the trigger, were law abiding citizens perfectly entitled to their guns. So this law abiding citizen shit is just that...shit.

So what would it take for you to go postal?

minds_I

St. Phatty

Hello all,

A point of order....the guys who killed these folks the last couple of weeks were up till they first pulled the trigger, were law abiding citizens perfectly entitled to their guns. So this law abiding citizen shit is just that...shit.

So what would it take for you to go postal?

minds_I

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone with Long Covid take that step.

Though I doubt they would attack the possible source of their health deterioration, the NIH itself.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FYI, The guy that jsut killed 10 people was is Mentally ill. If he had a background check he would not have been able to purchase that gun. Don't tell me it would not have prevented any deaths by having background checks. Trump made it easier for Mentally ill people to buy guns by rolling back an Obama policy preventing Mentally ill people from buying guns.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's like saying that it infringes on your constitutional rights when you have to get a drivers license.
Some people just are not up to the task for several reasons, criminal history, mental illness etc.
Those people have no 'right' getting firearms.

Cannavore

Veteran
10 people is nothing compared to the amount of people that die from car accidents on any given day.

Jesus christ this is like the living embodiment of this meme.

download.jpeg

'Boogieman'

Jesus christ this is like the living embodiment of this meme.

And what happened? We destroyed the middle east and accidently created ISIS among many other terrorists organizations all in the name of destroying terrorism. Is there anything the government touches that doesn't completely go to shit?

Then there is this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	17815193

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That's not true. Have you ever been to a gun show?

dozens. never seen a fully automatic weapon (pistol, sub-gun, nor "assault rifle") for sale for less than several grand, and that is low-end. good quality runs sometimes up over 10 gs. the ammunition is not cheap (unless you buy one of the .22 lr carbines some prisons use) and you burn shitpots full of it fucking around.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's not true. Have you ever been to a gun show?
Many, many times. And it is 100% accurate because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

The cheapest automatic weapon I could find for sale today was a beat t o hell MAC10 built with a Lage upper for $5,000 plus the stamp. So $5,200. And then you'll need to wait about a year to actually take possession of it.

Hippy, you'll like this one. Last night we had a couple vendors in at work replacing an air handling unit. They got to talking about guns. As I was listening in, i learned that the AK and a 308 bolt rifle shoot the same round - 7.62 mm. I mentioned a little thing called "case length" and drew blank stares. I was both amused and horrified.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Okay, but it's much cheaper to convert a semi-automatic to a fully automatic, that's what I'm talking about. Sorry I said you had never been to a gun show, lol.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay, but it's much cheaper to convert a semi-automatic to a fully automatic, that's what I'm talking about. Sorry I said you had never been to a gun show, lol.

It is NOT easy to convert a semi auto over to full auto unless you know what you are doing (or do it by accident like in my case).

You obviously know very little about guns, so just stop.

You abhor gun violence. I get it. I also abhor gun violence. But new gun laws aren't going to end it. We've been banging our heads against the wall about it for over 40 years, and what we've been doing ain't working.

So let's get to the root of the problem and end it there instead of trying to put a bandaid on it like always. End poverty and the war on drugs and you just eliminated 60-75% of gun violence overnight. And you didn't have to even attempt to challenge the 2nd amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts