What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Tigre's MICRO MADNESS

El Tigre

Cut treated with colloidal silver is putting out male flowers, hopefully i'll have new pollen to play with soon
picture.php

picture.php

justatree

nice!
how long for the seeds to be ready?
I found one single seed growin'.. don't know where it came from. some hermie bud I guess

El Tigre

nice!
how long for the seeds to be ready?
I found one single seed growin'.. don't know where it came from. some hermie bud I guess
I have pollinated on 20 June and after a month or so seeds looks properly mature. I've not harvested the plant yet so they are still maturing though.

El Tigre

A little update, this is the situation 10 days ago (15 July). Flowering plants are going to the end, seeds are mature, Zkittlez OG started flowering and the reversed cut is going to release pollen very soon.
picture.php

SODK

picture.php

+Speed
picture.php

Zkittlez OG
picture.php

Revesed SODK cut
picture.php

El Tigre

And in fact, 4 days later I collected enough pollen for my needs, the clone was then culled
picture.php

I took out of the tent the flowering plants. Next day i harvested the +Speed, i'll let mature the SODK some more days.

+Speed
picture.php

picture.php

SODK
picture.php

El Tigre

So, I was very busy and lazy this summer and also i was a bit sick of making pictures and updating here. So i had a break.

My tent didn't any break though.

I harvested all 3 the plants:

SODK: 19 g - citrous dry/diesel - hybrid sativa strong good
+ 120 seeds of my first cross: TIGRE#1 (Cream mandarine x SODK)

+Speed: 18 g - spicy musky balsamic - hybrid just ok

Skittlez OG (small one): 11 g - Kush sweet - indica hybrid happy very good.
I won a ton of seeds and i have plenty of mine, so i want to run 4 plants permanently in my tent for a while (mostly autos i think). Could be variety over quantity, but i don't consume a lot so i accept the compromise...

picture.php

El Tigre

Now in the tent:
picture.php

TIGRE#1 (down/left): youngest of the group, was grown 2/3 weeks into the small box under a single led bulb. Accidentally topped when moving her, i kept because i'm too curious to see how taste my cross..
picture.php

ICE COOL AUTO (down/right): nice smell since she was young and "auto topped herself". Spoiler: if i see that i like the shape, and for now i do, i could try early topping as standard technique for the 4 plants setup.
picture.php

+SPEED (up/left): 2 weeks ahead, is budding well. topped.
picture.php

JACK47 (up right): not topped this, started flowering very soon so i didn't touch it.
picture.php

El Tigre

Previously i took 2 clones of my +Speed, now they started flowering.

I was to lazy to prepare CS to revert the cuts and also i wasn't impressed by this strain from my last run. So instead of getting pollen from them, i put som Cream Mandarine pollen on them!
I want to see if micro clones under a single bulb could provide a small amount of decent seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

And this is the tent. all the plants are now flowering.

My home made cross is stretching and seems to be well vigorous despite it was accidentally beheaded.

picture.php

picture.php

Cocolores

@El Tigre
How much distance has Light to the canopy in the picture above?
Seems more than most people have with SILs.

El Tigre

@El Tigre
How much distance has Light to the canopy in the picture above?
Seems more than most people have with SILs.

Hi Cocolores, during flowering time i try to have lights at approx 30 cm from the canopy.

They were slightly more distant in the photo, I brought them a little closer.

The perspective is slightly deceiving in the photo, though.

However SILs have good penetration and if placed too close to the leaves they can cause yellowing or other problems.

Cocolores

Hi Cocolores, during flowering time i try to have lights at approx 30 cm from the canopy.

They were slightly more distant in the photo, I brought them a little closer.

The perspective is slightly deceiving in the photo, though.

However SILs have good penetration and if placed too close to the leaves they can cause yellowing or other problems.

That is also my ovservation, more yellow plants by the majority of growers using them too close or using too much SILs.

noknees

Tigre, i love the micro seed factory. :dance013:

That is also my ovservation, more yellow plants by the majority of growers using them too close or using too much SILs.

the whole thing with SIL is spreading the light out and covering edge-to-edge. a lot of guys buy the strongest bulbs they can and try to hit a number. (watts/ft) that can work, but not with very limited height.

Tigre has done some growing with them and reads his plants, so not so many schoolboy errors, as you've noted.

bibi40

Sure , really interesting ,

i wonder how many seeds you can get from those .

i guess between 40 - 100 from the littlest one ,
let us know bro :friends:

El Tigre

Tigre, i love the micro seed factory. :dance013:
the whole thing with SIL is spreading the light out and covering edge-to-edge. a lot of guys buy the strongest bulbs they can and try to hit a number. (watts/ft) that can work, but not with very limited height.
Tigre has done some growing with them and reads his plants, so not so many schoolboy errors, as you've noted.

Yes, having some rounds behind with this setup helped me to get the light distance tuned. My actual setup is less yellow than before - i mean overall °K of my bulbs - and the plants looks less yellow in the pictures also for this reasons.

Sure , really interesting ,
i wonder how many seeds you can get from those .
i guess between 40 - 100 from the littlest one ,
let us know bro :friends:
Let's see what comes out!