What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Q3corn's dank mini adventures

q3corn

Day 10F

Today I bit the bullet and culled the 3 males and 1 hermie that I found. 2 males from the 9LBxSUV, 1 herm from the 9LBxSUV, and 1 male from the JHxPG. That leaves me with only 3 plants in flower right now. I decided to cull these plants as quick as I could because I have a bunch of seedlings waiting in the wing and I want to have enough room to at least sex them. I'll be adding a few more in a week or so. Once they get big enough.

q3corn

Another one of the 9 pounders is hermed. A single pollen sack was growing right at the node below the topping was. Now that I think about it, it's the same node that the other hermie had pollen sacks... I wonder if it's just a response to being topped right before getting put into flower. So I think I'll keep it in the cabinet for the time being and just keep an eye on it.

Lost 4 plants already this week. Don't wanna lose a 5th :frown:

q3corn

Day 15F

Well, no other hermies found yet! I'll post an update pic when the lights come on. Having only 3 plants in there makes it look so empty and spacious!

q3corn

Front left: JHxPG.

Back left: 9LBxSUV.

Right: 9LBxSUV

8Xc9tcO.jpg

q3corn

In my other cabinet I have some seedlings that have some odd discoloration on them. These are 2 of the same strain with the markings. There's one other plant with similar markings of a different strain also there. I can't say I've seen this before. Is it just a result of maybe a ph issue? Or is there a pest of some sort I can't see? Magnifying glass shows nothing. Maybe I'm worried about nothing?

P7VZbQa.jpg

Swanson

I've seen that before. I think it's a slight deficiency that a dose of nutes/kelp/molasses may fix. Have had it come and go a few times with young plants. Also those crinkly odd shaped leaves could be from overwatering. No stressing needed. Looking forward to seeing your run, like the setup.
:comfort:

q3corn

Thanks for swingin' by, Swanson!

I do think it could have been overwatering or maybe a deficiency. They were in those rock wool cubes for almost 3 weeks before I had a place to put them. I didn't see these markings until after I repotted it, though.

So long as it's not a pest I'm happy!

q3corn

Well, that #4 plant went hermie for real-real on me. Must be something in the genetics. Pulled it out. Got 3 new plants to throw in. Gelato33 x Purple Goat. Again, my own cross that I'm trying out. I only made about 20 or 30 seeds of this so it's a limited run. Looking for keepers from this stash, but since they're barely a month old I don't know how I'll really know since I haven't even been able to take a cutting off of them yet. Hopefully I can reveg them and decide!

I gotta get my bigger flowering cabinet set back up! Similar height but it's about 3x as large of a floor space, so that's a lot of room in my eye.

Pics after the weekend :joint:

q3corn

OP7vM7d.jpg

The two original plants that were in flower are in back. They got trimmed and LST today. New plants up front are Gelato33 x Purple Goat, and they've been in flower for 4 days now.

The 9LBxSUV is looking a little rough. Definitely low on nitrogen, and probably manganese or something, too. Old leaves were going yellow with some brown rot-spots in the center. Newer leaves started to get some purpling between the veins and are hanging heavy like they got over watered. It smelled a little bit like that when I opened the cabinet today. I think my airflow needs some improvement. I suspect my carbon scrubber is restricting the airflow too much and I need to revisit that asap to get things moving again. Gotta figure out how to make it thinner without risking not filtering at all. I'll be tackling that project tonight hopefully.

PCBuds

I like how I'm in Canada so it doesn't matter if I smell like a skunk, parmesan cheese or a Candy Cane. Lol ��

As long as I can sleep at night, I don't care what the neighbors smell. Lol ��

q3corn

I like how I'm in Canada so it doesn't matter if I smell like a skunk, parmesan cheese or a Candy Cane. Lol ��

As long as I can sleep at night, I don't care what the neighbors smell. Lol ��

I'm in a legal state too. Old school weed scene here. Carbon scrubber is mostly for courtesy ;)

PCBuds

What about ditching the scrubber ?

They're expensive and unnecessary.

They cause ventilation problems.
You need a blower instead of a fan.

I like the smell of weed growing...

q3corn

There's a few reasons. First is curiosity about if I *could* build a carbon scrubber that works with pc fan tech and doesn't affect airflow too much. I was hoping to come up with a design that would be reusable for people who *did* need to worry about smell. Second reason is courtesy for myself. Since these are in my bedroom, I don't want to make all of my clothes smell like a grow-op.

PCBuds

Something like this...

Huge surface area for the input.

Let the carbon filter only work on the VOCs.

q3corn

Pre-filter... Not a bad idea. I'll get one made. Something I can take off and clean every few days.

q3corn

I don't think it's dust that's plugging it up. I think my design was just packed too tight with too much carbon for what I need. I took out the carbon and sifted it through a mesh screen to get all the little bits out. Pulled out easilly 10% of the carbon in fine particles. back into the stocking and then a smaller amount went into the scrubber.

I don't want to use one of my duct blowers because it's just way too much power for such a small space. I have some more powerful pc fans but they ended up making an awful vibrating sound no matter what sort of dampening I used or how dialed-down they were. I sleep in this room, so quiet is key. Until I can scrape together some cash for more parts, I gotta make this work out of what I have.