What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DESTROYER on Ice - 250CMH Freezer Grow

Thoughout this grow, several people comment on wanting to grow in a refrigerator. FB has it better than that. It's not a fridge, it's an upright freezer. No divider to worry about removing, no odd shapes from crisper drawers, just a nice interior to work with. Plus it already comes with a lock, so no weird hasps to draw attention to it. Look for a FREEZER if you can find one.

Really nice grow Freezerboy.

rafe

I have my seedlings and another plant in a old dishwasher. Just drilled a hole in the top ran the wire in and put a socket with 2 CFLs. All in Honor of you Freezer Boy! My wife wanted to toss it but I have it in my recording studio looking like a speaker.

Tatz

WOW FB ! Congrats on this one, u did it again ! I´m between cabs now and definately going to steal some of this !! Way too go Bro !

Macola

FreezerBoy, would (mostly) Indica do well in such (tube) setup ? I was thinking single plant, 20 gallons. Basically I would be copying your system although I'm playing with the idea of a slightly larger space and a 400 CMH. Honestly though, I have no idea what I would do with all that weed. 115 grams would easily last me into 2013 or even longer.

I'm really a fan of your "smart not hard" approach and since I'm currently in a position that sometimes requires a longer absence, bi weekly maintenance schedule is really a plus.
:fanboyicon:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
When I do indicas, I'll do 2-4 in the same tub (don't keep mothers so, it's the luck of the seeds) to take full advantage of their faster flower period and get back to sativas. ScrOG harvests take longer, waiting for the screen to fill but, that first harvest will bury you.

I found the hard way that not all water behaves the same way. EC and pH in opposite directions doesn't always work. My new water sees pH climb only; Regardless of EC levels. I believe it's my new water being "virtual" RO (old water EC0.5, new water <0.1). From the tap, it climbs from 4.8-6.1 in less than a day. With addition of epsom salts, it takes 3 days. Looking for non CalMag calcium (calmag is loaded with N of which I need less not more) to check it's effect but, I'm in the middle of flushing right now so it'll be a several weeks before I have something new to try it with.

Play with your water before making vacation plans. If EC and pH move opposite to each other, your golden. If pH rises only, I wouldn't plan on trips more than a week and would expect unhappy plants on my return.

Break a stem.

FB, I just spent most of yesterday ( smoking some Blue Satilite or was it the Lapis ) reading both your threads and have some questions for ya.

I have Sheds cousin sitting in a corner downstairs, I also have a fantech FR110
& a 250W hps with hood and the beginning of a " plan B " .

If you had Shed as a virgin again would you configure it differently ?

I'm thinking about ditching the hood & going vert with a cool tube attached to the fan ( vert also ) then elbowed right out the back as tight to the ceiling as i can get into a 3" tee & into dual 2" dia. baffels per Don Cotyle suggestion from the first thread.

Also this thread by oldog is a must read for
sat lovers: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=189964

thanks for your time & info.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Sorry that we haven't heard from FreezerBoy for awhile, but I have nominated this thread to be among the best of Ten Years here at ICMag!

hayday

Veteran
Good work Payaso,this has been one of my favorites.This bump let me re visit once again.
Hope your safe F.B... good vibes

stonerloner822

Sup freezer, that oughtta work with a soil grow 'eh? I plan on going hydro after I get indoor soil down and I figured I could rig a better grow than a 2x2x5 tent. I can get 2 freezers for free so I may return my tent and light (havn't started using' em yet, just started germinating my seeds) and trade 'em for 2 90watt led's for around the same price so I wanna maximize my space. I have some W.W. atm and planning on getting some Maine's Own Blueberry, MOB, after I do the W.W. I plan on starting a SCRoG. The LED is supposedly the same intensity as a 400HID, even if it's as strong as a 250 I don't mind. I can live with that. Now I have to see the freezers before I make a choice but I was wondering what size fans I would need, how large and how many carbon filters I'd need, and how to vent them to each other while still remaining inconspicuous with a rough estimate at them being 3x3x5'. I was also wondering how many 3gal square pots I could fit inside each. Luckily I know they have locks, and I woudn't have to go far, a friend of mine was throwing them out so I told him I'd give him 2 bags if they were in good shape.

Latest posts

Latest posts