What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Stick Test Grow

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
On the fourth leaf-set, and looking extremely healthy! And shorter than I expected - the one Haze seedling I've grown out before now was already six inches tall at the same stage. I didn't get time to snap it tonight, and just shut my main PC down, and I can't be bothered to start it all up again - sorry! I'll do it first thing tomorrow though, I promise.

I haven't a clue when I'll flower this though, as I won't have the required 16+ weeks from now that it's going to take... :chin:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
oh they arent stretchy in veg dude, they matched my superskunk in height for a month of veg, only on 12/12 do they go crazy tall :D
so you havent got enough time to flower them ??

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well...the Malawi Gold is currently on about four weeks flower, and my fastest strains have about two/three weeks to go. Once they're done, I plan to move the best of my Flo F2s, my MG X Flo and Skunk X Flo F1s into the main grow, along with my #2 purple Flo. I also have 7 Black Domina seedlings to pick one or two from. All of those should be 7-8 weeks, which means they should all just about finish together, with the Malawi Gold around 15 weeks - and huge....:)

Trouble is, the Thais, if I put them in the grow room with everything else in three weeks, will only be just getting into flower properly as everything else finishes, and I'd need at least another 7 weeks to finish those - and running the growroom pretty inefficently, if that's all that's in there.

I have to wind up for a few months over summer - I've barely left the house over the last three months, and only had two nights away from home in all that time! So I'm struggling to decide what to do. I can always give cuts to folks and make sure they hang onto them until I can face another big grow.... :chin:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
420giveaway
Elevator Man said:
Its hilarious - for most of my growing life I never really considered sativas other than to eagerly buy as smoke - growing them seemed insane. Now I'm thinking of making pure sativa hybrids at home...just goes to show as a lot of it is down to confidence as much as genetics...:)

:yes:

Glad the little 'ens made it. :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's the first seedling, in the peak of health. It's a stocky little thing so far, which is great - the first pic shows it in the front row of the nursery, along with Black Domina and Flo F2s, so it's obviously not a lanky one yet. Almost fluorescent green, especially under fluorescent lighting!

The new leaves have seven blades, so looking very good so far - I'm thinking of growing it 1-2 more nodes and then topping - any objections? Height is a big issue for me - also I want all my sativas as bushy as possible as soon as possible - both for convenience, and clones!

smokeymacpot

Veteran
yes wait for a few more nodes before topping, then put into flower around the same time.
also dont give up on them, if u want more time to yourself and you only have thai growing then you will be ok. they dont use as much water as other strains so will go a few days longer without water.
mine has got mostly floro light atm as my superskunk is under the 70w hps, but its at an angle so some (althought very weak) light from the hps is getting to it. the floro seems to be keeping it quite compact as well, so its maybe an idea for you to stick a 18w cfl above the plant along with the hps.

i really need to show you a new pic, mine is one hell of a bush with about 8 tops, but its still not filling out with enough hairs for my liking.but i think thats what happens without a super powerfull light and because the plant is only like 30-40cm tall. but it could be cos these are wispy and slow to flower anyway, so it might fill out better later on.

Last edited:

ThaiPhoon

yeah! looking awesome there EM! Thai plants seem to be really strong, I think you should be able to top them now. I wish I had topped mine sooner...I will next time. I have a bunch of Thai clones to put outside shortly, I hope the clones will stay relatively small!

Peace

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Guys - my big worry is (as I rent my property) that this early summer (could be late May) I'm going to have builders swarming all over the place - there's some significant repairs need doing to the house, and as I don't have control over the schedule, I need to be able to close down at a moment's notice. They wouldn't find my nursery room, as that is totally secret, but they would easily find my main grow - it's a 'darkroom' when not in use. Actually it is, but that's another story...:)

So my plan was to close everything up when I finished the Malawi Gold, (which is turning into a small tree now), and keep clones going over the summer if possible. But now I'll have three Thais in mid-flower just when I need to close it down. It's a tricky one alright...may have to tour the country with a bagfull of clones...:)

G

can you not just be there when there working? Can you do the repairs yourself?

On the othere hand most construction workers are meth and coke heads so I really don't think there going to run to the cops, and the rest that arent are usually(not always) the type to think I wasn't menat to see that better mind my own goddamn business. But better safe than sorry.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Dank - there's not a lot I can do - major structural repairs to do, and the apartment upstairs is worse - it's a large house split into two apts. and they're going to be all over it - roofing work, etc. I'm safer, as I grow in the cellar, but they'll need access to that at some point or another - all the electric, gas etc. is down there.

One other thing is that I'd like a little holiday from all this myself - been growing something without a break for around 18 months, and it's getting to the stage where I can't go away or anything. At the moment I have so many various plants on the go that I can't even really stay out for one night - something will need watering!

So it would be nice to have a break - the growroom is too hot to run in mid-summer anyway, and it would be good for me to chill out in the South of France or something for a month - and watch some plants grow from seeds I'll have sent over there by then...:)

G

Hey man do what you have to do, especially where safety is involved. Its a shame but as you say south of france sounds great :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
If my business gets going as I hope it will, I may not have time for a holiday, but it would still be nice to have a break from growing.

If I can afford it, I'd like to go back to California again too - I've got friends in SF, SD and LA. It's been three years, and I miss it like hell...:(

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe nice :D i had tons of those thai sticks back in the days... they used to come 3 and 3 in packs.. most likelly smugled inside women :D

eh... south UK used to be the place.. there was ppl around portsmouth and brighton bringing them in :D hope those ppl are all ok .. long time gone...

enjoy them mate :D

peace

smokeymacpot

Veteran
bonecarver_OG said:
hehe nice :D i had tons of those thai sticks back in the days... they used to come 3 and 3 in packs.. most likelly smugled inside women :D

eh... south UK used to be the place.. there was ppl around portsmouth and brighton bringing them in :D hope those ppl are all ok .. long time gone...

enjoy them mate :D

peace

did they have a fishy smell ? :biglaugh:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The only woman who would be capable of bring these monsters inside her would be the chick who stole the rare baseball from Larry David's pal Richard Lewis in Curb Your Enthusiasm...:)

Mine was 103 grams and nearly ten inches long! I would love to see that inserted..."OK honey - deep breath now - better close your eyes...":)

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe - u guys shouldnt under estimate the capacity of what babies come out of :D hehe

its actually a quite common way of smugling. i know ppl who have used it. a lot of good pollen from moroco is brought in that way here in spain :D.. usually in bars of 200 - 300 g.

but the by the shape of that one - it looks like its part of a pack of 9 or 10 sticks - and then i really doubt itd been brought in that way. obviously..
i hadnt seen the side shot before :D u can clearly see the vedge shape :D
so it seems unlikelly.

the sticks allways used to be good smoke.. sometimes the taste was a bit strange - but the high - massive!

i remember ppl used to complain buying 1/8ths hehe ìt looked so small since it was hard compressed.. but dude was it worth it :D

i never thought of keeping the seeds.. there was so much weed around those days..

clearly a misstake!

best off luck with ur thais :D i bet its gonna be fun.. ill drop in to check on them every now and then ;)

peace

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's some new shots of the main Thai - the other two are about a week behind,and I'll be potting those up shortly.

It's looking very healthy, and bright green - I'll let this new node grow out and then top it tomorrow. No hint of stretching yet - actually shorter than the Black Dominas, which are the same age exactly, but I still need this as short and bushy as possible, right from the off...

G

AH portsmouth, well wasn't exactly back in the day but thats where my hash used to come in from the docks there:)
The thai looks nice and healthy, best of luck with it! I am still hoping i might get some pure thai jeans in the future.

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Elevator Man again.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Looking good! I would throw it into flower soon so as to prevent 9-foot monsters. I had a spindly, bent-at-the-top, 13-foot Indian sativa last year (got root rot :( ).