What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using colloidal silver to produce pollen. How long to delay female plants

labotomi

I've read that it's less efficient to try and pollinate the same plant when using colloidal silver because of the delay from female flowering until the pollen is produced. Is this true and if so, how much of a delay is there. If I were to grow another plant to pollinate, how long should I wait before starting it. I'd like them to finish as close as possible but obviously it couldn't happen at the same time.

brickweeder

I tried to reverse a clone using CS and after 3 weeks with nothing but increasing female flower development, I switched over to STS. Within 3 weeks after starting STS , I had a small amount of usable pollen (despite burning the crud out of her with too high an initial STS concentration), and the yield was much better by the 4th week.

For CS, I would figure at least 1 month delay, maybe longer. I'd rather increase the delay a bit and have to refrigerate dried reversed pollen than have my breeding fem get to below 30 days to harvest (30 days is the minimum that I use for seed development from pollination). Also, I wouldn't use CS or STS on the same plant I would be harvesting, only on a clone...just personal preference as I do not know how silver moves through the plant or its effect when smoked or consumed.

I am currently running a test using 0.01 molar solution of STS (no CS) and am hoping I can get usable within 2-3 weeks...time will tell.

EDIT: I would delay at least 2 weeks rather than a month as stated earlier. This way, if it takes 4 weeks to get some good reversed pollen, your breeding fem will be 2 weeks into flowering, so you'll have some pistils to pollinate. Then i would keep pollinating over the next 2 weeks, using additional fresh fem pollen that you periodically collect from the reversed clone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts