What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
Hiya!
A quick photo update follows.
I'm building a new fence at the end of my property to guard against the neighbours' goats that feed in the deserted properties around. As you can see, I've reached to Zam#3, which happens to cross the line of the fence with its south branches. At the time of transplanting it outdoors, I thought the fence was going to pass further to the south, but plans did change after proper inspection of where the old fence was. Maybe I'll pull the plant a bit to the north to make space for the fence.

Zam#3:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baduy

Woow I think you picked the right seeds this year Yoss, I don't see much malawi influence in how those plants look. Looks killer

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, guys!
Green404, I think we all love to watch sativas grow :) I don't live where I grow, but I'm happy to visit my plants 2-4 times per week, and it's always interesting to watch, touch and smell :)
Zam#3 definitely doesn't bare resemblance with its Malawi granny. A few days ago I was very pleased to smell the first real trichomes covering the first seeded preflowers. The smell is fruity, pleasant, and without a trace of the Malawi's heavier and "evil" solvent notes.
The smell, as well as the lanky structure with red streaks in the stems, reminds me a lot of the dutch Haze I grew in 2012:
picture.php

picture.php

Of course, there are also differences, like Zam being darker green, with strong preflowering and with the Zamal strong branching (growing sideways/horizontally, but not droopy).

By the way, about 2 months ago I took a cutting of Zam#3 and now a friend is growing it on his balcony. He's too very eager to taste it, having fond memories of the best Zamaldelica plant from this pack of seeds, grown on the same balcony in 2013.

yoss33

Veteran
Welcome, guys!

It's August and the rain-every-afternoon weather is finally gone. It seems we won't have a real summer this year - usually the grasses are already yellow in August and there are heat waves one after another, but so far the temperature hasn't passed 33*C-34*C, and with all this water in the soil, it will hardly pass 35*C this season. The rains were great for the wild hemp around, I can see many 3-meter-tall plants next to the roads. Almost all of the numerous preflowers of Zam#3 are seeded.

Zam#3, which is gaining more width than height:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Here, a top of a branch next to a hazel bush, with a hazelnut slightly to the left of the branch. I thought it'd make a cool photo but unfortunately the nut is unfocused. It's interesting that the many squirrels don't know of this bush, they don't let a single nut ripen on the several bushes in my property, which are only 30 meters away.
picture.php

Mad Zamal branching:
picture.php

picture.php

I took a few cuttings of Zam#3, to keep one just in case its effect is as good as its looks. I put the cut tops directly into soil, under regular energy saving bulb in the house, which might be too simple but works most of the time with strains that put out roots easily, like Zamaldelica.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Zam#1
No preflowers, no red in stems, all green:
picture.php

picture.php

Its leaves continue to be fat, with that fatness that I attribute to Malawi, though to be fair the photos I've seen of Ace's Malawi (and Golden Tiger) show fat leaves only in the beginning, later the leaves get thinner. But I associate the leaf fatness with Malawi, because the plant with the heaviest effect in this pack of Zamaldelica was also the one with the fattest leaves.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran

Zam#3 is slowly entering flowering, with most old preflowers seeded, while Zam#1 still has only a few very small preflowers here and there, none of them seeded. Both have their small bottom branches eaten by goats, no big deal, though the Thai male (still no flowers on it) didn't have luck - it is almost completely eaten. The Ace Mix male was already not there, as it started producing flowers and I chopped it and brought the small plant inside the house, in a glass of water, to drop some pollen without pollinating out of control the 2 females.

Zam#3
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Not much progress after 10 days. Zam#3 is still on the verge of flowering, and Zam#1 still preparing.
I have 2 small clones of Zam#3 in the house, next to the cut top of the smelly Ace Mix China Yunan related male. They have 5-6 preflowers pollinated by it. There's no point in pollinating the big Zam#3 plant because it's too early, the wild hemp is still pollinating and I won't know the father of each seed. Anyways, I'll have enough Zam#3 x Ace China seeds from the small clones, in case Zam#3 is good and I decide to try Zamal crossed with indica genes, which at this point is not very attractive to me.
Still waiting for the Thai male to start flowering, not a single flower on what's left from it after the goats.

Zam#1
picture.php

Zam#3
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And the Thai male, which recovered after the goats attack and brought out big fat hybrid leaves from the new growing top. Looks like Thai x Skunk and smells like one. The stem smell definitely reminds of Skunk. Starting to flower in the first days of September will be perfect - both for pollinating Zam#1 and Zam#3 without mixing with the wild hemp pollen, and for giving this timely start of flowering to its children.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts