What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

F2F

"Let your plants go dry a few days before you pack them. If you water them before you leave they'll be too firm and be prone to damage."

Thanks Tycho, that's a nuance I hadn't considered. Too much turgor pressure. Always learning around here!

Cheers
F2F

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I use the 3" square pots because they fit nicely in a tray and roots penetrate easily.
picture.php

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think you'll have to sacrifice a $100 hiking backpack for the frame to make it. Unless you want to make it from scratch.

Why do you need the trays?

marmarb

Trays for convenience. Guessing I can go with the round peat pots and use the shipping tubes cut in half should be able to fit close to 30-40 6" starts double stacked.

Last edited:

'Boogieman'

I veg my plants indoors until they are about 2 ft tall, but if I was doing a bunch of small starts I would use solo cups with a solo cup on top like a dome taped together, you could tape a row of four or five together and put in backpack and pack them in.

militia420

Anyone have a recommendation for tactical backpack? If it could hold 2 flats with domes would be ideal.

Use a duffel bag. They're wide open and spacious for laying all of your prepped and wrapped and protected plants. Backpacks are good for smaller runs and for longer distances because of balancing the weight, but really a duffel bag is what you want. You can shift the weight from shoulder to shoulder as needed but again, think of the volume it gives you to work with and nothing should be too heavy at this stage any way.

Go with a dark or camo one too.

militia420

Trays for convenience. Guessing I can go with the round peat pots and use the shipping tubes cut in half should be able to fit close to 30-40 6" starts double stacked.

If you use trays you can make a thicker cardboard frame to stick a tray in, drop it into a duffel bag, then repeat and stack with a 2 and possibly third. This is exactly what I'm going to be doing. I've thought this through and have a duffel bag ready for the purpose. I just need to custom fit a card board protector. You can get thicker cardboard from the recycling area of a dump if they separate things. The really thick card board won't let your shit get squashed.

redlaser

Veteran
Yeah, the duffle bag is nice for trays, they hold one average tray well, probably two with a bigger bag. Cardboard box that fits helps protect in transit.

With a cardboard tray or any tray you can attach 1/2 - 1 inch strips of cardboard from one end of the tray to the other to keep plugs or cells in place,on top of root surface next to stem if they are uptight and not tightly rooted. That’s how cuttings are sent by mail for ornamental horticulture.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm not a huge fan of Jiffy plugs, I like 3" peat pots, but I saw a huge Auto grow last year with plugs. They weren't big plants by any means (~2.5 feet), but there was a lot of weight in it for sure so I'll do about 500. I'll plant them in groups of three or four (like I've seen in Jamaica) and cage in patches of 10 groups.
(rabbits be here!)
picture.php

If they were photos I'd bite the bullet and cage them individually.

A visit to your local grocery store will get you some of these boxes. I'll use the tomato boxes for my plugs and pack them tight. I expect some damage but that's the cost. I should be able to get a 150-200 in a box (2 deep). You could probably do 1000 in one trip easily.

picture.php

They'll get spray painted. Red and white isn't the best camo.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy fellas!!! :peek:

MountainBudz is back in business and about 90% completed on his mission to a 100% recovery from a bad year in 2019... Had to completely start over and did not have a single plant outdoors this year. It was pathetic. This is the first year in 18 years I have not ran at least a few plants outdoors and was most certainly not out of laziness, I had legit reasons and lots of things went down, fast... smh....
:wallbash:

So this year I think I am gonna get back into business and run a really, really, nice planned out guerilla grow. Picking all of my favorite spots that have guaranteed me so far. Probably a good thing I had to skip out this year as the previous year I had some thieves roaming my neck of woods looking for my colas. At least now I know the area that they searched out.. I believe dealing with thieves is the worst scenario, right there with LEO and budrot (I hate these words!) And I have to admit, the helicopters flew our county more this year than the last 3 or 4 combined, so you can imagine how the year would have turned out for me anyway... So maybe it had its advantages after all!

I have a really nice n healthy indoor grow at the moment that I am flipping to 12/12 tomorrow where I will pick a few keepers out of the bunch to run outside this year as well. I need some mommas severely. I have a super nice mikado from hazeman (old school indica that supposedly finishes super early outdoors and is very hardy) that I most definitely will be taking cuts from, well after I see the finished product. I chose her out of 6 seeds, 3 were male, 3 were female, I ended up culling them all but 1. All 3 phenos were very nice, but I popped so many beans I just had to narrow down everything to the best looking ones. Lots of trichs on vegetating leaves, very close internode spacing, extremely stocky and bushy. Looks like it will be a winner, the structure tells her future I do believe...

I have more and when I have more time I'll go over a few more possible runner ups. Of course I will be doing seeds runs as well, but one thing this year I will focus on the most is running less and larger plants. I need y'alls motivation to accomplish this mission completely. I have a severe issue with popping more beans, snipping more clones and having more mommas than I know what to do with and always over exert myself and get overwhelmed with it all.

Time to revive an old thread! Of course it will be slow till spring, but we can start planning and discussions. Nothing like being pumped up heading into a new year with what I feel will be an excellent outdoor guerilla season around the corner!

Take care fellow guerillas and be prepared, always!!! :tiphat:

gorilla ganja

You can't keep a good man down. Nice to see you back in the saddle ready for another adventure.
Best of luck this season, and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace
GG

MountainBudz

You can't keep a good man down. Nice to see you back in the saddle ready for another adventure.

Peace
GG

Agreed... They can't keep me down forever but they can sure knock you down to almost nothing. However, it is ones determination and will to get back up and push through the fight, to come out successful on the other end........ I still have a little ways to go, but one thing for sure, I have become stronger and more prepared.

And thank you Gorilla Ganja, hope the same to you as well!

Gunning for you brother. Mikado sounds nice. I use forestry tubes to get a good big root system and can still backpack out nearly 100 and looking like a hiker. Numbers are only your friend if you land them though. Bigger plants i can do 24 in a custom backpack and still look kinda normal using milk crates and milk cartons.

MountainBudz

Gunning for you brother. Mikado sounds nice. I use forestry tubes to get a good big root system and can still backpack out nearly 100 and looking like a hiker. Numbers are only your friend if you land them though. Bigger plants i can do 24 in a custom backpack and still look kinda normal using milk crates and milk cartons.

The Mikado so far seems like a winner to me. It was meant to be grown outdoors and bred for it. It's a little taller than the other plants in the room but it is stacking perfectly. Very close internodal formation, beautiful dark green leaves, very vigorous and hardy. You can see plenty of trichs on the fan leaves and new growth sites in the first week of flower. Shit, you could see it after the first 2 weeks of veg... I am going to take some cuttings of it, along with all the other girls this week (week one 12/12).

I also have a really nice purple badlands I think will suitable for the outdoors. The lineage is stardawg x Colorado flo. Most of DJ shorts genetics does well here, and stardawg has always done great too. We will see, I have a few more runner ups as well.

MountainBudz

Has anyone here grown out anything from Real Gorilla Seeds in the south east hemisphere? Just curious how they finish down in my area. Not all, but most were bred more for Northern hemisphere to give growers up north a quicker harvest with the frost coming early and harsh weather conditions. But the genetics seem fucking epic, I really wanna try 7 or 8 of there strains outdoor this year and more than likely go the feminized route.

I have other breeders in mind as well, gonna go more old school this year and bring back the classics... like the Afghans, iranian, northern lights, skunks, hazes, etc... Some good old hash plant has never failed me yet outdoors.

Other than RGS's shit, I will probably run Black Afghani, Sugar Punch, a few of dominions (duke diamonds) stuff.... I will eventually start modifying and making a list. Gonna have to wait till harvest before I can order any beans though and get things started... Christmas has broke this man.

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

Peace
GG

Thank you and same to you as well. We will over grow the world, one day :biggrin:

Gorilla, if I'm not mistaken don't you grow out a ton of RGS gear? How do you think they would perform in the Appalachia? Which would you recommend for a) early finishing b) mold resistance c) highest yields??

gorilla ganja

Actually I have not tried them yet. I have tried some from one breeder that works with them now. Fire99 is nice. I do have some of their gear DFG, Easy Sativa x skunk 1.
They have some freeze crosses that are new and that is an outdoor champion up north.
Freezewarp combines 2 outdoor classics from Canada, don't think you could go wrong there.
Like I said I have not tried anything from them yet. But they do have some hardy genes from Canada.
They might not work the best for you because of the short days you have down there.
Not sure though, but they are mostly semi-auto strains breed to deal with the long days we get up North. They may stay on the small side, but I could be wrong.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you try them.

Peace GG