What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita 6/750 DE

Hi all,

i've recently purchased this lamp.

I plan using it in a 4x4 space dimmed to 400 for 3 weeks veg and 750 for flower.

I will put 4 plants in 3 Gallons hempy buckets with 100% Perlite.

Do you think that is possible to achieve a pound this way?

NB: i'm growing from seed, average yielding strains.

Thanks

packerfan79

Veteran
I think you should be good. as long as you can keep Temps down. I have a buddy who only pulled a pound per light out of the 1000 gavita, but he's a lame grower who thinks the only way to increase yields is to add lights.

packerfan79

Veteran
I don't know about 100 % perlite. I run hempys with 2 in of perlite and coco on top. Have you ever used just perlite?

Speed of green

most of my hempy's are in vermiculite/perlite, i have maybe 5 or 6 in all perlite and i haven't noticed a single difference. These are all 2gal buckets so the might not dry out as fast as a smaller bucket.

rykus

I do three a light, but when ur under the ten a light # u really gotta be on ur game or ur loosing time and plant health...

Just sayin, stoked to see you rock the DE thou... I want to try some rooms 10-16 a light with those soon!