What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lumitex Neosol DS

viffer

Has anyone run these lights? Looking to buy 24 of them and I'm having a hard time finding anyone that has run em.

Was also looking at the Spydr 1200

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I run a few ILS light bars at 100 watts output per bar, similar to Neosol.
Good lights for what they were designed for, low height row crops.
Marijuana is a high energy plant requiring fairly strong intensity to grow well. Passive cooled bar lights put out a very even medium strength spectrum. This is ideal for clones and early veg up to twelve inches tall. This is what it was designed for.
Plants taller than twelve inches will begin to stretch for the light due to lack of penetration.
However, this lack of penetration make them ideal for side lighting. The open bar construction allows cooling airflow and the lower intensity allows them to be put within twelve inches of the plant.

I use a few commercial greenhouse lights, but have to be picky about how they are used.
Form follows function, Marijuana needs high energy and this required high wattage diodes and narrow beam angles to put the power to the plant.

Dion

If you were going to buy 24 LED grow lights, What would you buy?

tricky question- i would build one because there is still nothing fairly priced or that that offers performance to compete with the papilion or gravita

but even building once you go that big return on investment still doesnt make much sense specially for mass produced fixtures

If u are are stuck on LED and want to buy one i can suggest you look at pacific light concepts

http://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/product/cx300/

you will have to talk to him and put in a pre-order because they sell out each shipment in a few days

(i am assuming when you say 24 lights u mean like 24k watts?)

viffer

tricky question- i would build one because there is still nothing fairly priced or that that offers performance to compete with the papilion or gravita

but even building once you go that big return on investment still doesnt make much sense specially for mass produced fixtures

If u are are stuck on LED and want to buy one i can suggest you look at pacific light concepts

http://www.pacificlightconcepts.com/product/cx300/

you will have to talk to him and put in a pre-order because they sell out each shipment in a few days

(i am assuming when you say 24 lights u mean like 24k watts?)

I ended up going with the Spectrum King 400+

I like the white light and the price is good.

viffer

cringe

you bought 24 spectrum kings?!?!

sad to hear it

Tough to be negative and not give reasons. With facts to back it up. I just went to a 48 light room and they had Spectrum King 400+. had great averages over multiple grows.

Dion

Tough to be negative and not give reasons. With facts to back it up. I just went to a 48 light room and they had Spectrum King 400+. had great averages over multiple grows.

ah sorry you are right

just that spectrum king are not very effcient and they overclaim its ppdf lot higher than it really is plus they cost so much for what they r

but im sure you will do well

good luck

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I did not like Spectrum King due to their coverage and falloff in intensity from the center, same problem I have with HID low bay lighting.
This only applies to single unit lighting. HID in a close hex grid pattern gives coverage unmatched by any single fixture. Many years were spent growing with HID tech in this manner. Then reliable LEDs began putting out the power needed and the switch was made. Turns out light is light and the same coverage problems came with LEDs as existed with HID, falloff and coverage.
Single unit beam angles are not compatible with units made for multiple overlapping situations.
This effect will be had from Spectrum King, in a grid pattern the coverage evens out and the average level is more than adequate as is the spectrum itself.

I used to race cars, the difference between high performance street and actual race cars is immense and most parts are not interchangeable.

Commercial gardens and residential gardens have the same differences and a growlight designed for home use is not suitable in a commercial environment.
The opposite is also true, commercial lights are designed to be used in conjunction with other lights in a specialized setting. This is not functional in a spare bedroom.

dimebag_

viffer-hey bud wassup u around??

sorry to hijack your thread…I actually just had some questions about those nanolux dual 600 de's. I wanted to just pm you but your newbie status won't let me. Then was gonna hit you up on the gg4 thread, but it just got closed.

How are you liking the dual 6's? are u running a sealed setup with ac? how high do you have to keep them above the canopy? I really wanna run 1000W de's but only have 8 ft. ceilings. Those nanolux's seem like a great light for my situation. Plus running an mh with hps is prob a better spectrum. Then wireless capabilities with the bally's seem pretty sick too, but kinda hairy if it ever stopped working or malfunctioned. I read about nanolux's breaking quite a bit online. Have yours been ok so far?
cheers brotha

db