What's new

Buffering CoCo?

ChillinjAh

Hello everyone, I've been reading a lot about coco recently. I've always been a fan of this medium. The reason I'm writing I have a few question regarding buffering the medium. So I usually get bricks of coco. They are quite nice quality, it says that it's been washed with soft water, buffered and pressed to bricks. What I used to do is just simply rehydrate them in ph'ed water and rinse again with 5.8 ph water. I use tap water which is quite hard and I guess has quite a lot of cal/mag in it as a result. Before replanting into a final pot I wet it again with water and 1/2 strength nutes(canna). Now I've been reading specifically cocoforcannabis.com and he leaves his coco in cal/mag solution for 8h+ hours to change cations. So my question is since I already get +- good quality brick and have hard water Am I basically doing the same and changing cation sites without knowing that i buffer them right? I haven't had problems with cal/mag, but I still want to improve my methods and knowledge. The only cal/mag nute that I have available for me is no brand 4-0-0 which has quite a lot of Nitrogen on it's own so if it's not necessary I would like to avoid using it. Any suggestions? As always, Am thankful for your help.

ridoo

hi ChillinjAh,
i use good coco brick when i need, tap water and canna nuts to

i use to hydrate my bricks with a "light" solution
for 1L solution :

canna A+B nuts 1ml
cannazymes 2ml or more
rhizotonic 1ml

and i set ph around 5.80

i don't even rinse again, i pot my seedlings or clones right into it

even more, i reuse coco from previous harvest as it is, i just flush it with more enzymes than usual one or two then i pot my clones inside, and that's it

i use new bricks only if i need to pot more clones than previous harvest :)

h.h.

Veteran
Coco has a lot of salt.
Cal/mag displaces the salt.
Once its done, it's done.

Latest posts

Latest posts